Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Cannabis Business Network > Finding the best solution to put the dankest weed on a website

Thread Title Search
Finding the best solution to put the dankest weed on a website Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2017, 03:20 AM #1
kinesis

kinesis will become famous soon enoughkinesis will become famous soon enough
Finding the best solution to put the dankest weed on a website

Can it be done? I have a site I want to make that will feature the dankest weed and where to buy it, if it's in stock, etc. What companies should I partner with to find this data? Where is the data on the world's dankest bud supply.. I want to make a top ten if possible (#1 would be the world's dankest)
kinesis is offline Quote

Old 01-02-2018, 11:56 PM #2
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond repute
For the most part, that's subjective in the extreme. The only thing you can do is start your research. But if you're not already familiar with what you can already get, by the time you get your list together, it'll be out of date.

Start with seed finder, but you'll have to find the small breeders that aren't listed for the real gems.

Good luck
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:30 AM #3
SilverHazer

SilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura aboutSilverHazer has a spectacular aura about
Weedmaps.com would be a lot better overall if it wasn't the slowest website/app ever made.

Stickyguide.com works a little better for finding specific strains at multiple locations.

Hope that helps.
SilverHazer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:15 PM #4
Freedom45

Freedom45 is a jewel in the roughFreedom45 is a jewel in the roughFreedom45 is a jewel in the roughFreedom45 is a jewel in the roughFreedom45 is a jewel in the roughFreedom45 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
Can it be done? I have a site I want to make that will feature the dankest weed and where to buy it, if it's in stock, etc. What companies should I partner with to find this data? Where is the data on the world's dankest bud supply.. I want to make a top ten if possible (#1 would be the world's dankest)
Sorry to say but I’ve met 12 year olds with better business ideas........
Freedom45 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM #5
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond reputeTychoMonolyth has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom45 View Post
Sorry to say but I’ve met 12 year olds with better business ideas........
Why so rude dude? We're all on the same team here.

After a little research he'll find how deep the rabbit hole goes and change his mind. On his own.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:29 PM #6
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
After a little research he'll find how deep the rabbit hole goes and change his mind. On his own.
Like this?

Working on Something Sneaky

1 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

Old 01-04-2018, 11:39 PM #7
TychoMonolyth

Yup.
It's a world where nothing makes much sense. One person says a strain is Awesome, and another will say it's Crap.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:16 AM #8
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
If you look at the time and money Weedmaps are investing, you are facing a massive uphill task trying to compete with them, they have already invested millions, have staff in different countries, inertia.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:52 AM #9
TychoMonolyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya View Post
If you look at the time and money Weedmaps are investing, you are facing a massive uphill task trying to compete with them, they have already invested millions, have staff in different countries, inertia.
I think he just wants to do a top 10 thing. Kinda doable if he tries to do it by region and maybe medical symptom or something. I know a couple people who want to try it for a couple different symptoms, and there's very little on the web about it. They ask me like I'm a frigging doctor and I have to go hunting for strains for them TO TRY, because they know absolutely ZERO about weed. "Indica" and "Sativa" are new words to them ffs. So some type of wizard website would be good for that.

"Please select a checkbox for every symptom you want to treat."

In fact, 99% of legitimate family doctors could use something like that to help them narrow down the choices. I did find one website attempt, but it looked like an abandoned attempt.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:59 AM #10
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Yes, it would be great, but we are entering the era of "proprietary information" ... people are starting to keep things to themselves, competition is starting in earnest.

2 members found this post helpful.