Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Auto Flowering > DP AutoDuck.

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies for Great Cannabis Genetics!
DP AutoDuck. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-27-2017, 06:02 PM #1
Jd421

Jd421 is on a distinguished road
DP AutoDuck.

So a guess a little intro is needed. I'm JD. I've been growing bud off and on over the last 10-12 years. I had another account with ICmag. I was mainly active when autos first came out. I'll admit I absolutely love autos. When I was living in North Carolina I was growing bagseed and autos. Particularly Mdzaing Bluestreak. Wonderful autoflower back in the day. I've try joint doctors of lowryder and lowlifes ak47. Neither impressed me much.

I guess I'm a little slow. Recently discovered DP autoduck. So I bought autoduck and Frisian duck. This is only a 1 plant trail run. Main reason is winter time is coming in the northern hemisphere. Even though I live not to far from Orlando, FL frost and freezes are still possible in this temperate climate. Hard to grow bud in summer because it's hot and humid as hell.

So a little more info. The plant is about 2 weeks old. Slacking because it has been receiving roughly 5 hours of sun. Yesterday I moved it to a new location. Roughly 8-8.5 hours of sun. I think it's a 2.5-3 gallon pot. Started the plant in a large peat pellet. Ripped of the netting to the single the pellet. Then placed pellet directly into the pot. Soil is homemade. Consist of peat moss cow manure perlite and bone meal.

As soon as I placed it in the new location grass hoppers started eating. So I threw down some mothballs ivory soap and crushed garlic around the plant. This was the smallest seed in the pack and have not fertilized yet.

Still looks like a weed plant but at the same time it kinda does not. The webbing evident on the second node growth.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171127_102048.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	436836 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171127_102112.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	436837 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171127_102101.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	436838
Jd421 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:22 PM #2
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond reputearidbud has a reputation beyond repute
Hope it can grow through fruition.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiod in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus at down to earth prices. Now 12.50 years running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

Old 11-28-2017, 01:45 AM #3
Jd421

Thanks Aridbud
Jd421 is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2018, 02:06 AM #4
Def90

Def90 is on a distinguished road
Hi there hope all is well, those autofrisian dew are really robust this was one of the first strains I ever grew outdoors here in the uk and it did really well yielded around 20g in northern climates @ 52^
Def90 is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 05:18 PM #5
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
Any updates on the ducks?
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 AM #6
THC123

THC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud ofTHC123 has much to be proud of
For me the frisian duck and the autoduck were worthless. Beautiful plants, fat harvest, but the quality of the weed was really bad. Bland as hell and weak. Go for Frisian Dew instead, that one is a winner.
THC123 is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 11:30 AM #7
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
I figured the potency and maybe even the yield would suck, but I find the whole concept of it not having the traditional cannabis leafs to be very interesting. Mutations are fun.

Old 02-03-2018, 05:46 AM #8
Jd421

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSumTomatoes View Post
Any updates on the ducks?
Actually yes. A day after my last post a effing squirrel got ahold of the pot. Dug a big hole trying to bury a nut. In the process of that totally screwing up the plant beyond life.
Not only that been so far one of the coldest FL winters. Hit 25 degrees the night after we had temps in the 40s all day with rain. Not your typical FL weather. Weather wise comparable with 0910 1415 now 1718.
But I plan on returning. I have made a small investment. I purchased a 2 by 2 by 4 ft grow tent and HGL Led QB. It's gonna be a crude setup no matter how I slice it. Gonna try 4 strains in the tent. Starting next week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180202_222315.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	444651
Jd421 is offline Quote

Old 02-03-2018, 07:40 PM #9
JustSumTomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd421 View Post
Actually yes. A day after my last post a effing squirrel got ahold of the pot. Dug a big hole trying to bury a nut. In the process of that totally screwing up the plant beyond life.
Not only that been so far one of the coldest FL winters. Hit 25 degrees the night after we had temps in the 40s all day with rain. Not your typical FL weather. Weather wise comparable with 0910 1415 now 1718.
But I plan on returning. I have made a small investment. I purchased a 2 by 2 by 4 ft grow tent and HGL Led QB. It's gonna be a crude setup no matter how I slice it. Gonna try 4 strains in the tent. Starting next week
Sounds like you need a guard cat.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:41 PM #10
JustSumTomatoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMKwcSGjaiY