Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26

Thread Title Search
A question for the growers using Jacks 5-12-26 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 04:52 PM #981
Big_Al's_Buds

Big_Al's_Buds is a jewel in the roughBig_Al's_Buds is a jewel in the roughBig_Al's_Buds is a jewel in the roughBig_Al's_Buds is a jewel in the roughBig_Al's_Buds is a jewel in the roughBig_Al's_Buds is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
Did you mix it up with tap water?
Try mixing it with "Distilled Water". You can buy a gallon of it at most stores for a $1. Distilled water has no trace minerals like tap water or "Drinking Water" for the Jacks to react with.
If you read back through this thread there are pages and pages of talk of stock solutions. I personally never had luck with it, but lots do.

When I speak to Krystal Snyder about it, she recommended mixing the stock solution in my well water, and that would stabilize the RO.
Big_Al's_Buds is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 05:12 PM #982
MrBungle

MrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to behold
I've been using distilled for my raw salt concentrations for the last few batches... I think I'm going back to tap water... I saw some precips using both.... but the plants seem to like it better with the tap for concentrates....

People go ape shit over precips.... To me its not a huge deal...
MrBungle is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:00 PM #983
Absolem

Absolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of lightAbsolem is a glorious beacon of light
For those mixing stock solutions with Jacks or any other salt based fertilizer it's normal to see some sediment in the stock solution jug after mixing. The sediment is from the impurities in the salts and not from precipitation.

Fertilizers like Jacks, calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, etc are usually 99.5%-99.9% pure. This means if you mix 100 grams of Jacks into a stock solution you should see anywhere from 1/2 gram or less of "impurities" on the bottom after the jug sets for awhile.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:20 PM #984
nxsov180db

nxsov180db is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
Did you mix it up with tap water?
Try mixing it with "Distilled Water". You can buy a gallon of it at most stores for a $1. Distilled water has no trace minerals like tap water or "Drinking Water" for the Jacks to react with.
I did only use tap, and it was fine for a few weeks, but maybe I'll try distilled and see if I have better luck, thanks.
nxsov180db is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 11:47 AM #985
WaxyTaxi
Psychonaut

WaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivorWaxyTaxi is a survivor
tap for the stock solution? ive always used ro that starts around 3-4ppm

my tap is clean around 130ppm, I wonder how big of a difference it would make?
WaxyTaxi is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 01:52 PM #986
eric2028

eric2028 will become famous soon enougheric2028 will become famous soon enough
After speaking with Krystal I started mixing 450 grams of jacks in a gallon water jug with ro water. 580 grams of calnit in another gallon jug with ro. No more gunk happening or floating around whatsoever. I run 32.5 ml/gallon of jacks and 18 ml/gallon of calnit with 1 gram/epsom in bloom and love it.
eric2028 is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 11:45 PM #987
Hookah79

Hookah79 will become famous soon enough
Iam using condensation water from my ac instead of distilled water i was buying from stores.I also used standard tap water to make a concentrated mix but with this one iam not doing 10 ml each,i add enough jacks to hit 550ppm and then add calnit to hit 850 ppm.I only make small concentration of tap water at a time as i dont feel comfortable letting it sit with all the stuff that it comes with.
Hookah79 is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 11:57 PM #988
meadowman

meadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nicemeadowman is just really nice
any issues using different brand of cal/nit with jacks?
meadowman is online now Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 01:09 AM #989
Hookah79

Hookah79 will become famous soon enough
I use Yara calnit from mbferts.
Hookah79 is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 01:16 AM #990
samiam

samiam will become famous soon enoughsamiam will become famous soon enough
Ever since a year ago the jacks has this foam shit that floats to the top, it's so bad I have to take a fish net and dip it out, i emailed them about it with pics but never got back to me.

I figured they're probably sourcing cheap Chinese material now. But seems to be working as normal
samiam is offline Quote