Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2018, 01:30 PM #3951
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
Might buy a farm here that is on a volcanic butte. Thought it would be rich in minerals for sure. Thanks for the response.
dig 20 holes for each acre at least (send away, mix as u wish to spend), spaced accordingly and deep.... BF u BUY

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:36 PM #3952
led05

led05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really niceled05 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post
I never find that N is a constant. I put N into a category by itself. Feeding N only to keep a desired visual leaf appearance... Just enough to keep ahead of any yellowing but not dark green.

Everything else in in balance with micros included. I don't like to top-dress N at all after flower has begun. Liquids take over for the next couple weeks.

Led, Are you making a new mix for each container you run? No recycled soil for the Cannabis?

Is Germany on vacation this month?
everything is recycled..... say a yard for in... 1/4th scooped out back, 1/4th peat mix, 1/4th verm & or perl, rest blend of whatever & amendments... those amendments go out back, come back in, out back, back in..... it's the only thing that's really new aside from perlite & vermiculite - I have a peat mound that's now as much castings as peat and or compost that is my peat source...

Feb, June, Sept & Dec I guess are off in the old countries these days, even Deutsche - Ridic.... Amazon spoiled

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:16 PM #3953
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
When I bought the meter, those lame Germans were on "holiday" for weeks. Took forever to get the meter, and the dude selling it only sent one. I had bought SlowN one for his travels, but I guess in Germany, they have no desire to rush, or sell you your entire order. Sorry, great meter but super lame company.

Old 02-28-2018, 03:33 PM #3954
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by led05 View Post
what type of scope are you using, what do you see dancing, please do tell - curious ?
Having a hard time finding my exact scope for you. However it's just a desktop model you would find in any highschool science class. It is 40 -1000x and it cost about 250$.

As for what I am hunting....... This might make slowN cringe......

I have a book that helps me identify bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes. The book name is Adding Biology For Soil and Hydroponics Systems by Elaine R. Ingham, phd and Carole Ann Rollins, PH.d. I also bought the poster pictured below, and they even signed my book. Bought the book maybe as much as 10 years ago at a max yield hydro show in San Francisco. However the book teaches you to recognize beneficial aerobic microorganisms, and anaerobic microorganisms. It even helps identify mycorrhizal fungi under the scope.

This is why I have a hard time when people tell me I killed my micro heard. Cause I can literally scope it, and I can ID beneficial microorganisms. Same goes with High P kills micros. It may, but with my high Ca, highly aerated soil, I think higher P levels can be obtained without killing the micro heard. In fact, I have been scoping my soil this entire run, and my ppm's of P started out over 1000 ppm, and the soil dances like a Los Vegas night club.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 04:28 PM #3955
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Good old Elaine... as you are seeing, good fertilization has little to do with microbiology.

I would add that getting myco's into the root early is not so much for maximizing P uptake as it is to protect the root from bad microbiology.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:37 PM #3956
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
You can grow peppers in the veg area. If you have a problem it shows up quickly. Plus it is easier to get tissue/sap analysis. You can mail the leaf

I am with led on that one 100%

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:27 PM #3957
Arnold.

Arnold. will become famous soon enoughArnold. will become famous soon enough
That was a nice discussion, didn't see a lot of numbers on the feed mixes before.

What do you all reckon is 'balanced micro's? Is everyone's take the same?

I'll take a guess, for a well balanced soil, numbers per element not in sulfate or other form.

0.100% Si
0.100% Mn
0.080% Fe
0.030% Zn
0.010% Cu
0.006% B

and no idea about Al and Mo.

Would I be messing up?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:09 AM #3958
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light

End of week 4 flower. Funny that a few posts ago I mentioned keeping N low... That is what happens you put on a shit load of bone meal.

Ca 82.37 Mg 10.35 K 5.793 Na 1.487

Concerns, criticism, thoughts?

Old 03-02-2018, 06:48 AM #3959
redlaser

redlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant future
Quote:
View Image

End of week 4 flower. Funny that a few posts ago I mentioned keeping N low... That is what happens you put on a shit load of bone meal.

The iron and zinc are higher than you want is my first impression, mine are half that and still too much

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:12 AM #3960
Hermen_eutics
Banned

Hermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
View Image

Sulfur 9000ppm seems high.

Has S measured at similar value in other tests?

Thread Closed