Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Great OutDoors > any other turkey hunters on here?

Thread Title Search
any other turkey hunters on here? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2018, 02:34 PM #31
Mtn. Nectar

Mtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of lightMtn. Nectar is a glorious beacon of light
yea we do enjoy WC........lotsa blue oaks here in foothills....but many varieties of oaks....

deer herds have dwindled over the yr's.......but yes do......lotsa pigs here....used to raise few diff varieties of and stock local ranches before DFG frowned upon..hound hunted for many yrs as well......bear, long/short tail cats, fox......but birds always been my go to.....bite fer bite..best eating....
Mtn. Nectar is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:30 PM #32
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
We have turkeys all around where I live, but not enough of them..

So leave your shotguns home, but if you want white tail does, grab your rifle and come out to my place..

I'll let you shoot all the does you want around my house and acreage....especially in my veggie garden in June...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is online now Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 05:16 PM #33
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
Unlimited doe tags here. We are overrun with deer, up to 45 per square mile. Shoot as many as you want and tags are available over the counter for only $5.10 each. That includes bucks with antlers less than three inches too.
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:18 AM #34
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to allJustSumTomatoes is a name known to all
I've always wanted to go hunting. I've taken the hunters education course in my state and had a license before but never have been out. I find turkey hunting particularly fascinating and would love to do it some day. I'm a fishing fanatic so I'll have to make my way onto land at some point.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 05:35 PM #35
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Just go, read a book if you want and go. My dad died when i was young. No one in my family hunted. I got a drivers license and an old van and never looked back. In fact im surprised im still alive from some of the shit i did being young and knowing your invincible, right?

While your'e out there you will meet people to teach you things.

Hell i met two guys in the desert this year that couldnt find a deer to save their lives. Put them on a couple nice bucks i had scouted but passed on them for the grand daddy. Long story short, now i have two camps there every year that have a bunk with my name on it.

The big one gave me the slip 3 times, even when i had em dead to rights. He will be in his hidey hole come next september though.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 02-15-2018, 08:39 PM #36
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
Just so happens Walter Payton owned some land a few miles from me.I don't know if he hunted Turkey but there's turkey there now.big suckers too.I'm sure I could snag a couple if I wanted to.lol
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 02-16-2018, 11:26 PM #37
stoned40yrs
Ripped since 1965

stoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud ofstoned40yrs has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendull C. View Post
Got any hints on the best trophy dall units? Preferably the less subscribed ones lol.
Unit 26, the Brooks Range. I lived there in a eskimo village in the 70s and 80s. I got a full curl or better every fall. Great meat. I never went real high up the mountains. I liked to catch them when they were lower. Sunning themselves on the side of the mountain or when they went lower for water or mineral licks. I see dall all the time where I live right now in southcentral alaska. 10 miles up the valley toward the glacier has a bunch of herds there. Permit drawing for these dall. No roads just atv trails up there. I've been up there a thousand times and only remember twice when I didn't see dalls either on the side of the mountains or down in the valley at the water and mineral licks. This fall I'll be hunting Grizz, caribou and moose in the Talkeetna mountains near Eureka. Can't wait

"Im down to kick it... Just don't bring any pests with you! Coconutz-2014
stoned40yrs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2018, 03:45 AM #38
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Ahab View Post
Unlimited doe tags here. We are overrun with deer, up to 45 per square mile. Shoot as many as you want and tags are available over the counter for only $5.10 each. That includes bucks with antlers less than three inches too.
we had deer out the wazoo around here until a couple of years back. we had drought three summers running & "blue tongue" disease killed a hell of a lot of them. (epizootic hemorrhagiac disease, sp?) it mainly strikes bigger older deer, and is worse during droughts when deer concentrate around water sources & the disease is spread by the bite of a tiny midge fly...

Old 02-17-2018, 01:47 PM #39
TychoMonolyth

TychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant futureTychoMonolyth has a brilliant future
I know turkeys can fly, but not so well. Someone told me you can run them down. Is that even possible?
TychoMonolyth is online now Quote

Old 02-17-2018, 03:46 PM #40
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
They can fly a lot better than you think....

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is online now Quote