Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Thread Title Search
New extraction technique? Rosin tech? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2018, 04:24 AM #4231
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to behold
Are you guys kidding? I would kill or die for light golden rosin. Mine always looks like the picture the guy posted from Hawaii. LOL

I have tried everything. Different pressures, temps, humidity, strains, parchments, you name it.

I even tried Mikell's "Fresh Frozen. Let me repeat that so there can be no mistake... fresh.... frozen". What a watery mess. I guess that was supposed to be a joke. LMAO

Albeit, that method did, finally give me some golden rosin. It was Med Tree Continuum fresh off the vine. High CBD pot tastes bad enough but that rosin tasted like pure shit. I don't know if it was the "fresh frozen" or the "high cbd" but I'd rather eat shit than take another hit of that crap. Really fucking pretty, though.

Everyone sees pics of that beautiful golden ros so that's what everybody wants. You don't see fancy advertisements showing black, crappy tar looking, ros.

I have some Lemon OG coming off the line soon so I am going to try Mikell again.... fresh..... frozen. Yeah, real funny bud.
Ringodoggie is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 02-24-2018, 05:28 AM #4232
Dr. Purpur
Custom Haze crosses

Dr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivorDr. Purpur is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashmasta-Kut View Post
From my years of extract experience, light color and clarity go hand in hand for best flavor. Some strains start out darker than others, but all are best at their lightest for flavor. I have seen green tinged clear fresh extract that was tasty.

You are right.
Here is GG4 live rosin pressed from Ice Wax. Very terpy, very flavorful. super strong

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:18 AM #4233
redlaser

redlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Are you guys kidding? I would kill or die for light golden rosin. Mine always looks like the picture the guy posted from Hawaii. LOL

I have tried everything. Different pressures, temps, humidity, strains, parchments, you name it.

I even tried Mikell's "Fresh Frozen. Let me repeat that so there can be no mistake... fresh.... frozen". What a watery mess. I guess that was supposed to be a joke. LMAO

Albeit, that method did, finally give me some golden rosin. It was Med Tree Continuum fresh off the vine. High CBD pot tastes bad enough but that rosin tasted like pure shit. I don't know if it was the "fresh frozen" or the "high cbd" but I'd rather eat shit than take another hit of that crap. Really fucking pretty, though.

Everyone sees pics of that beautiful golden ros so that's what everybody wants. You don't see fancy advertisements showing black, crappy tar looking, ros.

I have some Lemon OG coming off the line soon so I am going to try Mikell again.... fresh..... frozen. Yeah, real funny bud.
I believe it starts with fresh frozen material that gets water extracted, then that hash gets dehydrated and pressed.
Can’t see pressing wet stuff successfully, I’ve tried stuff that’s too damp and it won’t be repeated
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 06:49 AM #4234
Gr33nSanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser View Post
I believe it starts with fresh frozen material that gets water extracted, then that hash gets dehydrated and pressed.
Canít see pressing wet stuff successfully, Iíve tried stuff thatís too damp and it wonít be repeated
you got it, fresh frozen means the flowers were fresh frozen prior to making the water extraction. Then the hash was air dried or dried in a freeze dryer before pressing through a screen.

Don't feel bad for having pressed a freshly frozen bud, I ve done it too haha, sure many others tried it. Watery mess is right. The lower the moisture, the better the press in my opinion.

Old 02-24-2018, 04:58 PM #4235
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
You pressed it too soon, Ringo.

What I was doing was cutting the hash drying time in half, as I didn't need the stability (I always fear mould.) that a longer dry would bring. You can test moisture content in a quartz banger.

Very nice work Purpur. I have never had such a clear result. Tempted to run a glue soon from the results I see of various rosin and hashes.

Was going to try a drying tube using dry ice vapour as a poorman's freeze dryer with a sample from the next fresh frozen run. Quite stoked, the material is almost as clean as my picky little prickass would have it.
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:02 PM #4236
EsterEssence

EsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud ofEsterEssence has much to be proud of
Thanks for all the answers, I only press my #1 kief into rosin and paper thin it is golden, a little thicker it starts to darken up, it all tastes great. I too have tried a fresh frozen purple bud that made a absolute watery mess.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:37 PM #4237
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to beholdRingodoggie is a splendid one to behold
See what you've done, Mikell. Because of you, everyone has a watery mess. Now go stand in the corner and repent your sins.

Next time, explain yourself and you won't have to sit in the corner.

We are in 3rd grade, right? LMAO

I have a small amount that I tossed into the freezer about 1/2 way through drying. I'll try that today. Did you pre-press it?

I did find that a little higher temp and a reeeeeeeeeeeal slow press burned off a lot of the water. I thought it was wasted but a day or 2 later the water dried off and I was actually able to collect some sticky.

Waaaaaaa, I want golden rosin. :(
Ringodoggie is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 05:59 PM #4238
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Small amount of what?

I wasn't freezing anything prior to pressing. The fresh frozen refers to the type of hash.

I did prepress a little 2"x4" brick.

Reread my post and what I did seems clearly presented. But then I wrote it. If you have any questions ask away.

Last edited by Mikell; 02-24-2018 at 06:23 PM..
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 02-24-2018, 06:53 PM #4239
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
Yeah i recall asking you for clarification. Then I got it. Never seemed a good idea to press fresh frozen buds to me.

Old 02-24-2018, 06:58 PM #4240
Hashmasta-Kut
honey oil addict

Hashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud ofHashmasta-Kut has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser View Post
Canít see pressing wet stuff successfully, Iíve tried stuff thatís too damp and it wonít be repeated

Depending on the type of herb, some can be pressed remarkably early and yield surprisingly well. Others, not hardly at all. I know one stardawg cross that can be hung for a mere 12 hours in a fairly warm room and produce 4 nice dabs from a one gram or so squish.