Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 07:57 PM #2291
MaryMaven
Alchemist of Cool

MaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of light
My first cob attempt....

Peace
Maven
MaryMaven is offline Quote

15 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:39 PM #2292
Old Toker

Old Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really niceOld Toker is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMaven View Post
.. put to rest in the overflow stash box in the back of the closet..
MM.....I haven't read many of your posts....BUT....anyone who has an "overflow stash box" is good with me.
Hope your husband recovers soon.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:16 PM #2293
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
My first cob attempt....

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Peace
Maven
Hi Mary looks good from here. Nice colors means the fermentation was good.
The smooth smoke is what you are after, the potency will depend on what you put in. I only use kick ass strains, if what you used was not strong it will not become strong by curing it this way.
The good thing is it turned out perfectly. Now try it again with something with a bit of power and you will see the difference.
Hats off to you, you got a nice result onwards and up wards from here.

Old 02-12-2018, 02:55 PM #2294
MaryMaven
Alchemist of Cool

MaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of lightMaryMaven is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Toker View Post
MM.....I haven't read many of your posts....BUT....anyone who has an "overflow stash box" is good with me.
Hope your husband recovers soon.

Thank you for the kind wishes. He's doing pretty well. I call him Festus now and then because he tends to get that gimping along hitch going when he gets tired/lazy still, but other than that, he's healing up quite well.

Tangwena, I doubt I'll waste anymore time/trouble on this particular cob, as I said, it isn't fit to smoke for the high - there just isn't any there. It'd be like smoking a funky cigarette at best. heh. It's pretty as hell, just worthless.

My (Ace) Panama Goddess x New Malawi Killer plant is 3 weeks into flower now, so she will be the next cob I attempt. I am really looking forward to that.

Peace
Maven
MaryMaven is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:08 AM #2295
CannaRed

CannaRed has a spectacular aura aboutCannaRed has a spectacular aura aboutCannaRed has a spectacular aura aboutCannaRed has a spectacular aura aboutCannaRed has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Tangwena!!!!

Well, long story short...the cob turned out perfect in every way, save one. The potency is simply not there - seriously, I imagine some run-of-the-mill ditch weed would give you more of a high than this stuff. hrmph....BUT I KNEW that was a possibility. After all, the plant was from accidental seed from an accidental pollination of some unknown hybrid plants grown from bag seed. For all I know, it is just plain hemp - Ruderalis - that was crossed with something to make an autoflowering plant at some point.

BUT, the important thing is, the cob turned out just beautiful, so essentially my mission was accomplished - make a good cob. Now, when I have some GOOD stuff to make one in a couple of months, I will have the confidence that it will be done well. Even though there is no high to be had, I DID notice that the smoke was incredibly smooth, and boy did this burn clean.

Peace
Maven
Maybe it didn't get you high because it was a high cbd strain. Could be very medicinal.
CannaRed is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:52 AM #2296
repuk

repuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nicerepuk is just really nice
Keeping up with the farm, hunting, taking care of him, growing and... even making beautiful cobs at first try?!?

Your husband is a lucky one! wish him to recover quickly

Last edited by repuk; 02-13-2018 at 11:16 AM..
repuk is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:27 AM #2297
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant futureDropped Cat has a brilliant future
Found a small stash of the Zamaldelica cob I did a couple years ago.

When I smoke the cob I TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M SO HIGH,
IT'S SO ABSOLUTELY THAT GOOD.

I'M SO HIGH!

lol

Thunk cobs curing in jars as we speak, a couple more weeks and will report.

IN THE MEANTIME THE ZAMALDELICA COB IS VERY GOOD!

lol

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:20 AM #2298
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropped Cat View Post
Found a small stash of the Zamaldelica cob I did a couple years ago.

When I smoke the cob I TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M SO HIGH,
IT'S SO ABSOLUTELY THAT GOOD.

I'M SO HIGH!

lol

Thunk cobs curing in jars as we speak, a couple more weeks and will report.

IN THE MEANTIME THE ZAMALDELICA COB IS VERY GOOD!

lol
Gotta love that feeling good on you.
I had some Zam yesterday, or was it the day before. I have forgotten what happened after I said WOW! ha ha. Ride that pony my friend.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:03 PM #2299
Tangwena

Kaskadian: Cob curing makes the weed more potent.

See this analysis of the same sample:

Jar cured: https://i.imgur.com/Kp0Jvo0.jpg

Cob cured: https://i.imgur.com/SyP36kc.jpg

EDIT: 33% increase

Old 02-17-2018, 11:10 PM #2300
Tangwena

This was posted in my grow thread by v1ru5 I hope he doesn't mind me copying it here.
First flower result then cob result of tested bud.

10 members found this post helpful.