Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Humidity too high

Thread Title Search
Humidity too high Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2018, 12:45 AM #21
Wendull C.

Wendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud ofWendull C. has much to be proud of
Quest dehuey. Done.
Wendull C. is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 12:53 AM #22
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
lights out i cant get my flower room down below 55% ...they seem happy & got some fat buds in there..(fingers crossed) ... lot of air movement above and below the canopy ...lots of defoliation ...
~star~crash~ is offline Quote

Old 02-08-2018, 03:41 PM #23
Bloom SA

Bloom SA is on a distinguished road
I also have a portable airconditioner with a dehidify mode. Question: Is the dehumidify setting faster than cool mode? Or will cool mode reduce humidity faster?
Bloom SA is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 04:52 AM #24
hamstring

hamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~star~crash~ View Post
lights out i cant get my flower room down below 55% ...they seem happy & got some fat buds in there..(fingers crossed) ... lot of air movement above and below the canopy ...lots of defoliation ...

start crash

sounds like very sound advice. Whats your climate like ?
hamstring is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 05:00 AM #25
hamstring

hamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nicehamstring is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011rex87 View Post
I would think you want to minimize the surface area for the moisture to evaporate off into the air so maybe pots would be better for you than a raised bed but you will lose the benefit of all the extra cu/ft of soil.

Flowering in high humidity is not necessarily a death sentence. I want to put that out there incase you end up having to try it. It does increase the risk of mold but it's not a promise that you will get moldy buds just because. You can take other measures to try to mitigate mold like avoiding the use of wood in the grow space and filtering all your incoming air, cleaning your grow space, etc. I have seen great plants grown in high humidity, it's just not always ideal. So don't panic and just keep on and maybe you'll have a great success in the end regardless.
Thanks for the advice brother. I am old guerrilla who's finally looking at coming out of the bush. Its nice to know others have experience in growing in this type of environmental conditions.
hamstring is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 AM #26
Bloom SA

Bloom SA is on a distinguished road
Shit sakes if I knew greenhouse would be so complicated i would have just buried a shipping container and had much simplar environmental control and ground temperature cooling....
Bloom SA is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 06:18 PM #27
redlaser

redlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant futureredlaser has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloom SA View Post
Shit sakes if I knew greenhouse would be so complicated i would have just buried a shipping container and had much simplar environmental control and ground temperature cooling....
You would still have to deal with the humidity, maybe it would be better being stable temps because of the ground.

Theoretically it could be less electricity in a greenhouse because of not having to run lights year round, but that would depend on how you equip the greenhouse, and use it

If your electricity is cheap, it may be somewhat close, depending on equipment used, lights, heat, fans,, cooling.
redlaser is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2018, 03:16 AM #28
Spaventa

Spaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant futureSpaventa has a brilliant future
If you think reducing the rate of transpiration of the plants will help, apart from the aspirin, you could try pushing your nutrients/feeding up, gradually till your plant are taking the maximum they can without toxicity. Plants only transpire in order to siphon up fresh nutrient rich water at the roots. If they are well fed they will transpire a lot less than if they are hungry. If they are hungry they will endlessly cycle more water through themselves, from roots to stomata, in search of nutrients.
If you have high humidity where you are, period, its a tough one.

Delicious Critical Jack Herer ACE Panama Haze
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=349398
Spaventa is online now Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 03:42 PM #29
Itsmychoice

Itsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the roughItsmychoice is a jewel in the rough
Something else to consider

When running bigger bud producing strains where mold/mildew is a real concern we run regalia. It works very well and is nice since it's not a foliar, you just feed it so it can be run later into flower. It's worth a read.
Itsmychoice is offline Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 04:11 PM #30
~star~crash~

~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor~star~crash~ is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstring View Post
start crash

sounds like very sound advice. Whats your climate like ?
i'm in the North East it's winter ...if thats what ur asking
~star~crash~ is offline Quote