What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

303 -papua new guinea gold

monkey5

Veteran
any one who has this strain or who has grown it out, please stop in and share any info you might have or wish to contribute !!! smoke report if you have one ,please !!! here are fets words on 303: ...I do not know the complete breeding back ground of this strain but i have been told it consists of what flooded this land back in the early 70s the all great PNG Gold and various Hawaiian/ Fuji strains. Papua New Guinea Gold would most likely be the main contributor to this strain. Some time back it was then crossed with a wide leaf strains as the old timers call it, Indica i presume? They crossed what they already had with the wide leaf variety (indica?) to rise above their competition and this is what they have today? With this indica crossing it has most likely cut down the flowering time making this strain possible to be grown indoors and still be able to control it. 303 is sweet spicy fruity flavour with a piney-fruity aroma with a very intense high mind-lifting it can bring about heart- racing and even panic for users not used to strong sativas or if overdone, due to its creeping effect can soon have you blown off your feet. Dont make the mistake of wacking a few fast ones down because before you know it your praying it will wear off fast as it can just become too intense for the user. Thisstrain is super long lasting stone that does not need to be constantly topped up every hour like many, it just lasts and lasts. The flowers are not show material but they certainly packs a punch , so look out! ...Flowering time around 10-12 weeks !!

Last edited:

Gert Lush

Veteran
Hi monkey,

I can give give you some limited information, based only on the germination of 1 seed :D

The seed germed easily, although I did have to remove the cover manually.
The strain seems to clone very easily, too.

I have not really smoked it properly, though I took some very immature (only 4 week) bud from a poorly plant and it knocked my socks off. So happy. So HIGH. So clear. Real rocket fuel. Can't wait to smoke it grown properly. I've got some 8 week old bud in water-cure at the moment, I'll let you know soon as it's ready.

I also have a clone in flower that's just shown pistils, I may post some pics later.
The one thing that is different about this plant (besides the distinctive branching) is that it seems to take 25-30 days of 12/12 in order to show flowers. I've seen this twice with my own eyes, plus it's been confirmed to me by at least three other people who have grown it.

There's no doubt in my mind that this is one of the top strains available, good to see other people interested in keeping it going. It would be a crying shame if this strain was lost.

Unfortunately, the ludicrous and sick political situation in Australia atm means that SpiceBros may not be re-offering it too soon. Bad karma on those sfb Aussie politicis, but what can you do?

L

longshot

It would be a crying shame if this strain was lost

I, for one, will not let that happen.
The 303 collective will preserve this strain!

I basically agree with what Gert has said already...but I'll try and find the time to take a couple of pics and post a bit more about this wonderful herb. :)

Gert Lush

Veteran
Right, here's what the 303 looked like, ooh, about a month from seed.
Next to it, a 303 leaf, from the 7th node, IIRC. The main petiole was 21cm! I guess it would have been huge if grown outside.

And finally, for now, here's a couple of a clone that has just started flowering. As you can see, I'm going for a multi-cola thing. Now watch this baby stre-e-e-e-e-tch. :D

L

longshot

Hi all,
As promised I've been and taken a couple of shots. They are rubbish, but here they are!:D
These first few are of a 303 female after a few weeks of 11on/13off. She was put straight into flower as an established cutting on new years day.
17078303_female1-med.jpg

17078303_female2-med.jpg

17078303_female3-med.jpg

These next pics are from today, so that's nearly six weeks of forcing...
17078303_early_flowering.jpg

17078303_early_flowering2.jpg

17078303_early_flowering3.jpg

And these pics are of a male, obviously..
17078303_male-med.jpg

17078303_male_leaf-med.jpg

17078303_male_leaf2-med.jpg

17078303_male_flowers1-med.jpg

17078303_male_2-med.jpg

17078303_male_flowers_2-med.jpg

17078303_male_flowers_3-med.jpg

Now as I said the other day, I think this is fine smoke indeed. It is definitely my favourite for listening to music. It just makes everything sound so good...in fact everything is good with 303!..it's very euphoric herb.:D
I've had a couple of different phenos. One is BIG sativa buds, loads of foxtailing and a zingy astringent aroma. A slight woody taste is apparent in this one but there is also a spicy sweet delicate background.. kind of floral too. The other pheno is a bit unusual looking to me (it's the one pictured above) but I expect those who grow alot more sativas will have seen the structure before. Altough the pictured one has been encouraged into a bush with a dominant shoot, it prefers to grow to one stem normally. The flowers themselves are also a little odd looking to me but unfortunately I don't have any pics of the mature floral clusters to show you...we'll just have to wait a while! Now the smoke on this pheno is my favourite of the two. Really zingy floral tropical spice flavour (if you know what I mean!:D) and an intense uplifting high. Lovely gear. Guess what I'll be doing with the dust from that male?! :D
So who else is doing the 303?

Stay safe,
longshot

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Those 303 of yours looks very exotic Longshot, so nice & slender structure indeed!!! Are those 303 beans available anymore or are they coming available soon? Those really should be very special genetics to preserve!

Take care everybody!!!

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

L

longshot

Hi Herbalistic, thanks for the interest. :)
They really are lovely looking plants aren't they? So different to the usual hybrids and indi's we see so often. I have a real soft spot for them! I'm not sure whether 303 is going to be available via Fet again or not. I know he's got problems at the moment. If the worst happens and Fet isn't doing anymore, seeds will be spread amongst the community to facilitate the preservation of the strain. :)
303 will survive, no matter what! :D
longshot

Gert Lush

Veteran
Thanks for putting those pics up, longshot, appreciated.
Hey, my female is only a few days behind yours, albeit a lot smaller. Isn't that a great coincidence?
I'll be posting as we go along, it will be good to compare notes.

ddt

Great, i am also very interesting in 303 strain. SO exotic and i think interesting for each sativa lover as me:)
Pls keep us informed about your grow.

L

longshot

Good day all,
Right, I've been out and about stealing anything interesting I can find on 303...
Like I said, I nicked it all and didn,t ask anyone for permission to use their info!:D
These quotes I robbed from another site...
For those that have not tried 303....

...You are missing out, and should! this plant exhibits traits, similar to the likes of : Thai sativa's of the late 70's, Colombian Gold sativa, Malawi Gold, etc...Only these babies grow out easier/flower sooner!! Very sativa dom, some will branch heavily and grow out bush style..
But the bud production is no slouch on this sat. even indoors....
the ones kept in smaller containers, kept a huge dominate cola, with side branching / stretch kept to a minimum(due to small containers) and still produced a nice amount, of resin laden buds..reminiscant of the above flavours I mentioned..the high is truly exhilerating, slightly deliberating if you smoke too much Very nice strain to have in your garden....very easy to grow/clone, very forgiving indoors, if you arent a true sativa expert, still wont matter as it handles with ease... just my 2 cents :)
Thanks to Fet for bringing this to us..as without him, this strain may have vanished, or stayed only in his local circles....
have a good day...peace, Rushman :)

Its some of the wildest mostest potent weed I have ever smoked in my life and that includes the shit we smoked in Nam. Well, I guess thats because 303 is part viet combo. But hell ya man, I have. I can tell you this for sure. A friend brought some by one day that he had harvested. He was going on about how potent it was and I was like yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, he rolled a normal sized doobie, not one of those big fat ones but the size of a regular joint. He lit it and passed it to me. I took one hit, and even BEFORE I got the chance to inhale, I was totally fucking wasted. Thats one hit, just in my mouth. Well, when I did inhale, I found I could not even take another hit. The guy looked at me and said "now blow" so I blew the smoke out. But its the reason I could not take a second hit. I forgot to exhale the first one. What did I learn from this? NEVER and I mean NEVER smoke 303 by yourself. If there is not someone there to remind you to breath, you may not.

its not for lightweights or beginners

I smoke one hell of a lot of pot these days. Not a day goes by that I dont get just fucked up. BUT when I tried this 303, man o' man. I could just not believe it. Guess I could have been used to something like Jack Herer and Ak47 because thats what I smoke most often, that and WHite Widow but this 303 strain has to be experianced to be believed.
....and stolen from right here on ic, some interesting comments from zamalito, originally posted in this thread....
zamalito said:
Mine are about 6" tall and have the narrowest leaves I've seen in a while (even narrower than zamal, malawi, acapulco gold, santa marta, oaxacan etc) only a few older thais and maybe a couple mexicans have leaves this long and narrow from the beginning. Like some pure sativas the stem is very narrow but the nodes are quite dense and don't stretch until later. Its a very fast grower and at 6" it's starting to branch quite heavily. One thing that is said about it frequently that I fortunately haven't noticed is that many say the seeds need to be kept very warm and need up to like 12 days to germ. 100% of mine cracked at room temperature in 72 hrs. Since fet's been out of commission for a minute maybe the seeds needed some time to age before getting a good germ rate I've had outdoor strains that needed a year to get up to 90%. If they juts had a month or two they'd need lots of warmth. And time to get even up to 50% and even then would crack sporadically.
zamalito said:
I really think this one could be a very useful breeding strain. I've wanted to make a good piney strain that smelled like the first domestic sinsemilla flowers (yumbolt pollen would probably be phenomenal). Also this might be useful in making a roadkill skunk.
...and finally, a couple of pics stolen from Fet himself...
17078303_stolen_from_fet.jpg

17078303_stolen_from_fet2.jpg

All good stuff :)
Gert Lush said:
Thanks for putting those pics up, longshot, appreciated.
Hey, my female is only a few days behind yours, albeit a lot smaller. Isn't that a great coincidence?
I'll be posting as we go along, it will be good to compare notes.
Excellent, lets hope we've got slightly different females for interests sake, altough with 303, it's all good!:D
ndnguy said:
Sounds like a light change to 11/13 or 10/14 would get them to flower quicker.
Sir, may I refer you to my earlier post:
These first few are of a 303 female after a few weeks of 11on/13off
..:D
Stay safe,
longshot

ddt

Great posts i hope there will be more 303 seeds which we could obtain for growin. Really interestin strain, trully stuff for sativa lowers and seekers of rare sativas(as me :D )

DDT

monkey5

Veteran
longshot, man, what a great post !!!! thats what i want to do...forget to exhale !!! that just cracked me right up !!!! i hope it is all that !!! monkey5

Gert Lush

Veteran
Update:- Branchy 303 about two weeks after showing first pistils (i.e. 40-odd days of 12/12) I'm not trying to scare you off, that's just how it is!!! You need boatloads of patience for this one.

I am trying to get 4-5 good colas, and keep it to around three feet tall, if possible. I think I'll succeed with the first part. :D

zamalito

Veteran
Here's some outdoor 303 pics. It is a truly nice strain and probably one of the most underrated. I strongly recommend it. I don't recommend using 10/14 flower cycle however. Since this is a true equatorial I doubt it will respond much to that and it will probably hurt it's pheontypic expression. True equstorials take a while to show flowers. Its just the way they are.

10749P1010399-med.JPG

10749P1010400-med.JPG

10749P1010395-med.JPG

alaeddin

I've got pure PNG ready for this summer outdoors, those reviews made me pretty excited, thanks for the pics guys. I am planning to reproduce this strain. Mine are by Goldking.

G

alaeddin said:
I've got pure PNG ready for this summer outdoors, those reviews made me pretty excited, thanks for the pics guys. I am planning to reproduce this strain. Mine are by Goldking.

good luck with um bro. GK just loaded me up with another batch of um as well.

he felt sorry for me as i gave up what i had to charity:D look forward to how they turn out for you, i wont get to um till much later in the year, as Haze has me tied up for a bit.

take care
CBF

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

Longshot & Gert Lush: please post some pics of your 303 plants, want to see how those ladies are flowering:)

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint: