What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for Re-Veg info?

Hi started 2 plants a month and half in windowsill as an experiment
The dam things are photo but due to lack of full sunlight they started to bud at 8 inches tall,
I have since move them outside (buds were 3 weeks in)
and they are just now starting to reveg, the buds are being absorbed back into the plants, (over 2 weeks so far and still buds)
Question
Should I shit can these and start new ones, and how long before the plants might be back in full Veg?
Thanks Much
Brewsnweed666

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Notifications in the my icmag tab.
How many hours of light is it getting outside?
Maybe wiser to just repot it into a much larger tub. The repot will encourage growth anyway.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I've got some outdoors in small 1gal grow bags that's got root bound im figuring. Ive been waiting to transplant them and not sure if I repotted if they'd go back to Vegging, give them a good dose of N and cross my fingers I guess

Dankwolf

Hi started 2 plants a month and half in windowsill as an experiment
The dam things are photo but due to lack of full sunlight they started to bud at 8 inches tall,
I have since move them outside (buds were 3 weeks in)
and they are just now starting to reveg, the buds are being absorbed back into the plants, (over 2 weeks so far and still buds)
Question
Should I shit can these and start new ones, and how long before the plants might be back in full Veg?
Thanks Much
Brewsnweed666

Reveg can actually help biuled some good plants big question is what genetics?
Indica or sativa dom ?
What latitued ?
Do you have a,picture ?

Hit them with a micro nutrient product with b1 to help force the revenge.

If possible put them,in a location that you can leave a light on the to force the revenge.even if its a porch light .

If you answer the qestions above . I will we what I can do to help advise .

CrushnYuba

I thought vitamin b was proven to be a myth.

I personaly would shit can them if you got replacements. If you don't have replacements, get them started and leave the old ones in until you do. Maybe they will come out of it. But allot of times once they get that deep into it, it can take forever to really fully go back into veg mode without suplemental lighting ( sometimes even with supplemental) I have seen plants never Really fully revert and sort of veg sort of flower all summer. They just continued to throw twisty single blade and 3 blade leafs here and there.. The plant looked Like a single bud at the end from all that weird reveg growth before it finally any back into full flower.

Give them some nitrates and pray. Dank wolfs idea of calmag is good. All nitrate N and no P.

I personally pull anything if i see buds begin to form. I don't stress about a little stretch and a few 3 bladed leafs. Anything more then that and they get tossed.

Can you get a few clones to replace them with? May be a little late for seed starts to finish big.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Plants can take more than a couple of weeks to really revert to veg and when they do they could be much harder to manage than the replacement wave would be.

(ie an entire cluster of branches where each top used to be)

CrushnYuba

when they do they could be much harder to manage than the replacement wave would be. (ie an entire cluster of branches where each top used to be)[/QUOTE said:
When that happened to me with these bubba crosses i was running, it was just disgusting with clusters of shoots coming out of each node.. Then it started to bud and the whole plant turned into a single bud that was so packed it had Rio be pulled early because it started to rot.

I gave it 24 hr light at first sign of stacking for a few weeks.. It just never truly recovered

Swanson

Seen some beautiful re vegged outdoor plants. Possibly the best yielding 5 footer I've seen was put out early... Flowered pretty hard, re vegged and had an absolute ton of budsites come fall. Every branch was just loaded, abnormally so. I think it is hit and miss with them but I personally wouldn't trash em.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
At 47N on the Western side of WA I have a long growing season, when flowering starts around the last week of August the sun intensity drops dramatically and weather goes to shit (lots of rain). I have 3 plants that started flowering this month all same strain from seed. Ive sprouted ~50 unsorted strain bagseeds in my greenhouse mid to late March (12hr days exactly) the last 2 seasons and these are the first seeds that have done this in May (14.5 hr days on May 1st).

Initially I was thinking this was a good thing as it could be related to them being early finishers at my lattitude, and that my long growing season would give them time to snap back to veg growth to become 30 gallon mini monsters.

Maybe wiser to just repot it into a much larger tub. The repot will encourage growth anyway.

Mine started flowering since being transplanted from trade gallon pots not even showing sex yet into 30 gallon fabric pots. This plant was started 2 weeks earlier than the other 2 and is furthest into flowering. Other 2 are just recently starting to show signs of flowering growth with pistil clusters starting at nodes. What do you think best plan of action is CrushnYuba?

picture.php

Dankwolf

I thought vitamin b was proven to be a myth.

I personaly would shit can them if you got replacements. If you don't have replacements, get them started and leave the old ones in until you do. Maybe they will come out of it. But allot of times once they get that deep into it, it can take forever to really fully go back into veg mode without suplemental lighting ( sometimes even with supplemental) I have seen plants never Really fully revert and sort of veg sort of flower all summer. They just continued to throw twisty single blade and 3 blade leafs here and there.. The plant looked Like a single bud at the end from all that weird reveg growth before it finally any back into full flower.

Give them some nitrates and pray. Dank wolfs idea of calmag is good. All nitrate N and no P.

I personally pull anything if i see buds begin to form. I don't stress about a little stretch and a few 3 bladed leafs. Anything more then that and they get tossed.

Can you get a few clones to replace them with? May be a little late for seed starts to finish big.

Any threads on icmag supporting b1 being a mith. I would actually love to here that it is ? the b1 thing is old school so I would not dought that its a mith

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea most stuff that's already far in Id definatly scrap and pop some more. Ive got a few outdoors im gonna put in bigger containers, hell I'll put the B1 or N whatever it takes. What product are you guys using that's got some B1 in it? I may something here in my box

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have had a whole garden reveg due to the supplemental lights being shut off. My friend thought they attracted too many bugs.

Needless to say, all the clones re vegged. This was early May. I was using the incandescents to hold their cycle, I wish I would've replaced them with healthy cuts June 1st. Over half the bud on the reveg was b grade at best and had to be processed into concentrate. That was after cutting every bit of reveg off mid flower. Just my .o2.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea maybe some thrivealive or hormex, there's one plant id like to get back vegging but now gonna put to much time into that and hope for the best.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Its too early to scrap them and the days are getting longer. I'd let them reveg naturally then tidy them up and let them flower late summer as normal. I'd want some extra source of light though at dusk, just to make sure.