Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Plastic mesh grow bags vs cloth

Thread Title Search
Plastic mesh grow bags vs cloth Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2019, 07:53 PM #1
stewart169

stewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to behold
Plastic mesh grow bags vs cloth

I came across these bags and Im curious if anyone else has tried a similar style compared to standard fabric bags? I almost wonder if these actually dry TO fast. Or if they provide even more oxygen for the roots.

https://www.hawthornegc.com/shop/pro...ots-containers

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:31 PM #2
russian420

russian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the rough
Never seen before.

Looks very very intresting.
Alot of air i see here.
NICE.

You must do watering so they run off little water in the bottom always with these
im pretty shure.
And the good thing is that you cant overwater almost i think with these.

I think i will try these. Must see if i can order them to my Country

Cool thing
They look really nice to me.

iM pretty shure i can take off 10% perlite and 10% of the coco in my soil mix, and use 20% + more soil .
This can be really nice for indoors grow.

Is there anyone who ever use them or know more info?
russian420 is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 12:54 AM #3
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian420 View Post
Never seen before.

Looks very very intresting.
Alot of air i see here.
NICE.

You must do watering so they run off little water in the bottom always with these
im pretty shure.
And the good thing is that you cant overwater almost i think with these.

I think i will try these. Must see if i can order them to my Country

Cool thing
They look really nice to me.

iM pretty shure i can take off 10% perlite and 10% of the coco in my soil mix, and use 20% + more soil .
This can be really nice for indoors grow.

Is there anyone who ever use them or know more info?
Folks leave footprints...

You can still over water them or cloth pots. It will help you but, please stop propagating you can't over water a pot using these pots!

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2019, 03:59 PM #4
stewart169

stewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to beholdstewart169 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
Folks leave footprints...

You can still over water them or cloth pots. It will help you but, please stop propagating you can't over water a pot using these pots!

Pretty sure thats not what he is saying or myself either. Some of us can figure out how to water.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:22 PM #5
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart169 View Post
Pretty sure thats not what he is saying or myself either. Some of us can figure out how to water.
... it's a long story re: footprints!

I use them myself (cloth pots) and it is definitely a misnomer that you can't over water using them. That is what I am saying IME.

Old 04-13-2019, 05:33 PM #6
russian420

russian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the roughrussian420 is a jewel in the rough
No one have say LETS OVER WATER THEM ALLTIME.

These pots looks really nice.

I must try them

Switcher56 you use these ones ?

please tell us how they are ?

These are super air pots i think ?
Normal dirtpots is made of alot cotton i think ?

These are only plastic?

I can see that air roots get already
russian420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:05 PM #7
h.h.

h.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to behold
I think your sides would stay too dry, regardless of how you water.

I don't like the regular fabric pots for the same reason.
I think still better than solid plastic.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is online now Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 08:17 PM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.h. View Post
I think your sides would stay too dry, regardless of how you water.

I don't like the regular fabric pots for the same reason.
I think still better than solid plastic.
If you use them (cloth pots) as designed, they work just fine IME. Mine are on a schedule of W D D F D D W. I vary the amount of water they receive by what the plant tells me. I am experienced with "screened pots" so it was a no brainer for me. OTOH, don't mess with what you are doing if it is working out for you. OTOH if it doesn't, may as well be receptive to new ideas.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:53 PM #9
h.h.

h.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to beholdh.h. is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switcher56 View Post
If you use them (cloth pots) as designed, they work just fine IME. Mine are on a schedule of W D D F D D W. I vary the amount of water they receive by what the plant tells me. I am experienced with "screened pots" so it was a no brainer for me. OTOH, don't mess with what you are doing if it is working out for you. OTOH if it doesn't, may as well be receptive to new ideas.
I went from cloth to these and haven't looked back.

h.h. is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:14 AM #10
acespicoli

acespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura aboutacespicoli has a spectacular aura about

nice to see some other people here asking this question
(alot of grow bags are non woven plastic yuck )

hemp, jute/burlap all natural, is my latest choice

3 members found this post helpful.