You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > dry vaporizers

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
dry vaporizers Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2018, 06:01 PM #1
Hank Hemp

Location: Just South of the Mason/Dixon, away, away down South in Dixieland.
Hank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivor
dry vaporizers

Wife wants to get us a vape for Yule! Any recommendations would help. Little experience with vapes.

I luv this flag more than the haters hate it!
God bless Johnny Boone wherever you are.

Not all who wander are lost

I don't care who you are that's deep

You may see me tonight with a illegal smile. J. Prine
Hank Hemp is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:16 PM #2
RB56

RB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to all
Flower or concentrate, portable or desktop?
RB56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 PM #3
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond reputeSwitcher56 has a reputation beyond repute
V5 Nano by flowermate. 3rd dry herb vaporiser I have tried. 2 thumbs

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...
Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2018, 08:38 PM #4
Paddi
GanjaGrower

Paddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond reputePaddi has a reputation beyond repute
For dry herb I love my Pax3 (and Pax2 - just a little slower warming up)
For everyday use - all day long

After a week I didnt miss my pipe or anything else.

P

Paddi is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2018, 09:21 PM #5
Hank Hemp

Location: Just South of the Mason/Dixon, away, away down South in Dixieland.
Hank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivorHank Hemp is a survivor
flower

I luv this flag more than the haters hate it!
God bless Johnny Boone wherever you are.

Not all who wander are lost

I don't care who you are that's deep

You may see me tonight with a illegal smile. J. Prine
Hank Hemp is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2018, 09:26 PM #6
RB56

RB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to allRB56 is a name known to all
I like Arizer's portables. Solo II, if you want an all around that doesn't need to be super portable - still battery powered and smaller than a soda can. AirGo if you need super portable. Have 4 Arizer portables. Never ad a problem.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 11:41 AM #7
JD-4-2-0

JD-4-2-0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Hemp View Post
Wife wants to get us a vape for Yule! Any recommendations would help. Little experience with vapes.
If your budget is not too restrictid look at anything by Storz & Bickel. The Mighty is an awesome portable and their Volcano is the best home device too.

If your budget is less I also like the PAX 3. Good little portable and is very easy to use.
JD-4-2-0 is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 04:05 PM #8
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to allSamuel Caldwell is a name known to all
My wife and I were daily smokers for years but we're fairly new to the vape world. I love my vapcaps! It's the closest I've found to joints or my old one hitter. Elegantly simple design and big, full hits.

My wife prefers the simplicity of her Fury 2. It's very smooth, I'm hitting it this morning before heading off to work. They've both got their advantages for different situations.

Lots of great options out there right now. I changed my mind lots of times while researching. You just need to figure out your needs and preferences. Best of luck!

Old 12-14-2018, 05:15 PM #9
RB56

I've used a bunch of vaporizers but none of the others mentioned here, so this is not a comment on any of them. It's important to me not to have plastic in the vapor path. Used to have one with a plastic mouthpiece and found it nasty. Arizers are just stainless steel, ceramic and glass in the path. Others recommended here may have the same. I'd want to be sure before buying one.
RB56 is offline Quote

Old 12-14-2018, 06:25 PM #10
hush
Señor Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
I just recently bought my first one, and so I did a bunch of research only a few months ago that's still relevant today... if I had been able to afford it, I would have gone with the Arizer Air 2. I still plan on buying that one as our second vaporizer, when our budget does allow for it. But to get started, after lots of research, I went with the Boundless CF. It's the less-expensive version of the CFX, and the only real difference is that it doesn't have an electronic screen, and you can't adjust the temperature in 1 degree increments (it just has 5 preset temperatures that are 15 degrees apart).

The Boundless vapes are known for their ability to successfully vape all forms of dry herb, from entire, whole nuggets, to flowers that were crumbled by hand, to flowers that were ground in a grinder. In addition to that, it doesn't require the entire bowl to be filled and/or tamped down in order to vape properly... in other words, it will be successful no matter what form your dry herb is in, and even if you put less in there than is required to fill it up. That trait right there is extremely important for me, because there are times when I don't want to finish a whole bowl, and I also don't want to waste what gets left behind (it's a hybrid convection/conduction vape, so there is convection going on, and that does mean that the herb will still keep heating up for a brief moment even after the vape is powered off). Also, I wanted it to be a vape that I could let my wife or my mother in law use without requiring my help, or a learning curve at all. So Boundless was the winner for me. The CF had all of the features I needed without having to go up to the CFX. It works, too, boy. It's really impressive how well it works with such small amounts. The taste at first was weird, and took some getting used to, but now I don't even want to smoke a bowl anymore because that "toasted" flavor has grown on me and it tastes very pleasant! Also, all the parts are extremely easy to clean, and literally only require soaking in isopropyl alcohol for a short while.

I still plan on getting the Arizer Air 2, which will be MY vaporizer for around the house, and road trips, but then the Boundless can be the one that we take out in public, due to it's visual stealth factor. It looks like a regular old e-cig style box mod.

hush's hidey hole

hush is online now Quote