Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Cannabis Business Network > Cannabiz Legal Issues > 5-panel drug screen?

Thread Title Search
Click to Advertise on ICMag
5-panel drug screen? Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2019, 05:57 AM #21
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
One of the most common ways that drug users try to cheat on a drug test is to use synthetic urine or urine from someone else who is “clean.” In order to stay ahead of these companies, drug testing labs have developed different “validity” tests to detect certain markers within urine samples to ensure that the sample given by the donor is actually from them.

Here are a few ways that drug testing labs are able to validate a sample - courtesy of Quest Diagnostics

Temperature – The first way that labs test for cheaters is by checking the temperature to make sure it is within the correct range. Samples that are either too hot or too cold will be immediately rejected.

Creatinine – A substance produced by the kidneys. Labs will measure samples and reject ones that do not meet required levels.

Oxidants - Substances that either oxidize drugs or drug metabolites to prevent detection during a drug test, or affect the reagents in the drug test itself (e.g. Nitrates, Bleach, iodine, halogens, or peroxide). This is the most common way donors try to cheat.

pH – Human urine tends to have a neutral pH balance. Urine outside of the normal range will raise a red flag.

Gravity/Density – Urine has a standard density range in comparison to water. Labs will measure the specimen’s density to ensure authenticity.

In an instance where a sample has been adulterated, as indicated by one of these markers, the donor will be recommended to re-test. Employers may choose whether or not to re-test. In most situations, they do.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders growing organically in the USA and offer 27 autoflowering strains, 9 photoperiods in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 13 years, and running strong!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:20 AM #22
rob feature

rob feature has a spectacular aura aboutrob feature has a spectacular aura aboutrob feature has a spectacular aura aboutrob feature has a spectacular aura about

I assume, if it's Quest, I'll be taking the non-regulated
rob feature is offline Quote

Old 05-25-2019, 08:19 AM #23
nickman

nickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant futurenickman has a brilliant future
I was popped once because the specimen I had got too cold after having to wait a lot longer than expected to take the Pee test... I even had a warmer wrapped around it... I hate having to deal with that bullshit...

I don’t drink, I like to smoke weed... I think that’s kinda safer anyway... the person that drinks after work can still wake up in the morning hung over and still half drunk...

I’ve never woken up in the morning still high from smoking weed the night before...!!!...

Good luck buddy...

nickman is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:31 AM #24
rob feature

rob feature has a spectacular aura aboutrob feature has a spectacular aura aboutrob feature has a spectacular aura aboutrob feature has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickman View Post

I don’t drink, I like to smoke weed... I think that’s kinda safer anyway... the person that drinks after work can still wake up in the morning hung over and still half drunk...

I’ve never woken up in the morning still high from smoking weed the night before...!!!...

Good luck buddy...
At least half of why I'm bailing from my gig now - I work with a bunch of drunks who can't show up on time and don't care about their work. And nobody cares.

and thanks for the luck shot - it never hurts

Old 05-26-2019, 02:31 AM #25
madalasatori

madalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nicemadalasatori is just really nice
Crazy situation, I live in the U.K. where weed is illegal and yet nobody (except police, train drivers etc) gets tested. Yet in Colorado where it’s legal you have this bullshit. Funny old world we live in

And rob I work with a load of drunks too, all they talk about is how much they drunk at the weekend/are going to drink the next weekend
madalasatori is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-30-2019, 04:08 PM #26
rob feature

So I decided to go with Quick Fix after talking to a bunch of local folks. Right off the bat I noticed 2 issues which could screw someone up. First of all, the temperature strip is not waterproof. I bought a couple kits - one for practice and one for the big game. The first kit I placed in 100F water for about 15 minutes and it destroyed the temp strip. Good news is I can use my big Bubba coffee mug to keep the contents at temperature 'till I get somewhere. I'm toting around a digital thermometer as well.

2nd issue so far is that the bottle sprung a leak at the cap seal. I did have it sitting under my leg for a while to see how long it would take to warm that way (about 20 minutes), but it's not confidence inspiring to say the least. As I did not inspect the seal first, I have no idea if it came that way out of the box. Gonna go out and buy a jock strap with a cup pocket to keep this thing in.

Old 05-31-2019, 08:11 PM #27
xavier7995

xavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud ofxavier7995 has much to be proud of
Good luck, sucks about weird quality issues, did it come with the little code or whatever that you can verify it is legit from them? I got mine at some licensed headshop.

I just microwaved it to get it to temp (above actually...to account for drive time) and used both a digital thermometer and the little indicator strip to make sure it was good before heading in.

Man i am dreading the damn inevitable drug test that comes with job hunting. Such is life, fake it once and then in the clear till finding a new company.
xavier7995 is offline Quote

Old 06-01-2019, 07:29 PM #28
Magnificat

Magnificat will become famous soon enoughMagnificat will become famous soon enough
Here is what I would do if you can find some clean urine...

I bought small squeeze bottles and those fishtank thermometers who stick to the side to monitor temps as the test will check that you are within range. I also used the same bottles where I collected 3 samples of fresh urine from friends who don't smoke. Freeze it and thaw it on test day.

In the meantime you need to know timing factors. So I would take the bottles I would test with, being same bottles I planned to use for the test. Microwave them with water for various time frames and watch the clock and temps and see how long it would take to get in the range of normal.

Once you have a list of times, you need to know how long it takes to get to the place. It helps to have someone do the driving so you can focus on the time frames. expect a small delay before you have to give the same but drug testing usually only requires a few minutes of check in and right into the bathroom.

finally, on test day... I made a sling using blue painters tape that I could attach to hold in place and it would sit in the crotch area just above your junk so it will remain hidden. Also, the bottles are small and flat so they hide well. Go into the place, check the temps, and first piss in the toilet, then squeeze into sample bottle (it even sounds right), then finish pissing in the toilet for real.. walk out, hand them the sample, and they will temp test it, some sample bottles already have temp strips on them.

And just go for it and good luck.
Magnificat is offline Quote

Old 06-05-2019, 01:17 AM #29
rob feature

Thanks for all the great advice folks!

I got a little more information today and it's looking like a best-case scenario:

Services
(1):Regulation: NON-DOT

Reason for Test:Pre-employment

(1). eCup

I got to pick the location - a local clinic that's about a mile from home. That should help with transport - very nice that I don't have far to go. Still going to keep the bottle in 100 degree water in an insulated mug - in a plastic bag. I bought a jock strap with a cup pocket for about 12 bucks which holds the cup perfectly - one side of the bottle against my baby makers and the other, with the heater, on the outside.

I especially dig the advice about making it sound like I'm actually peeing. I did think of that, but could see it being the sort of afterthought that might get ya flagged.

I'm going to go do this tomorrow. I have a 24 hour window - just show up whenever and let 'er rip. I was hella nervous right after getting the notification, but after thinking it over for a bit and getting prepared the best I can I think I have a fighting chance. I'll know in 15 minutes. It's a cup type of thing - they dip it right there. No lab.

Thanks once again for all the great advice & I'll make sure to stop back by & hopefully sing the praises of Quick Fix.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:24 PM #30
rob feature

Well, I took the test almost 3 hours ago. Results for negative screens are supposedly sent within 15 minutes. So of course I start reading and am finding LOTS of people who got popped by the e-cup for nitrites with 6.2. The collection went flawlessly - perfect temperature and no bobbles. No indication from the nurses. No sniffing or shaking of the sample - it went right into a machine on the counter. I got to do it in the privacy of a bathroom with a fan with no observer and the 2 collectors talking outside (both in another room). Haven't heard from my recruiter yet, but I"m starting to think I got sent to the lab - which will come back probably either inconclusive or non-human. Or maybe someone just got busy and hasn't gotten a hold of me yet but this recruiter has been pretty quick to follow up. This is no good for the nerves.