Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Perfect predator plant for bugs?

Thread Title Search
Perfect predator plant for bugs? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2019, 01:57 PM #1
Eternal Play

Eternal Play is on a distinguished road
Perfect predator plant for bugs?

Something that can grow easily using modern marijuana botany, something that’ll really busy those gnats, mites, and aphids, maybe a corn plant?
Eternal Play is offline Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 05:13 PM #2
thailer

thailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to allthailer is a name known to all
are you talking about a trap plant used to lure bugs in the garden so the trap plant can be destroyed along with the bugs it carries? I've tried something like that but it didn't really help. i used pepper plants. typically something high in nitrogen like a legume but peppers are easier to grow indoors.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:55 AM #3
Eternal Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by thailer View Post
are you talking about a trap plant used to lure bugs in the garden so the trap plant can be destroyed along with the bugs it carries? I've tried something like that but it didn't really help. i used pepper plants. typically something high in nitrogen like a legume but peppers are easier to grow indoors.
the plant doesn't have to destroy the bugs, just migrate them so they stop devouring marijuana plants

I think young saplings can work but they'll die quickly

Old 05-25-2019, 04:07 PM #4
buzzmobile

buzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud of
Spider mites love marigolds.

White flies and thrips love gardenias.
buzzmobile is offline Quote

Old 05-31-2019, 12:09 PM #5
Eternal Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzmobile View Post
Spider mites love marigolds.

White flies and thrips love gardenias.
thank you!! ill plant those near my plants just incase

Old 05-31-2019, 12:51 PM #6
CaptainDankness

CaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud ofCaptainDankness has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Play View Post
Yeah, I probably wouldn't plant plants that attract pests near my weed. I think it will backfire, I'd try plants that deter pests all together like tobacco.

Citronella would probably deter most pests too.
CaptainDankness is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2019, 12:58 PM #7
buzzmobile

buzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud ofbuzzmobile has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Play View Post
The marigolds and gardenias are 'trap plants'. They are indicators that insect pests are present. Consider them as living sticky traps. Do not plant them next to your Cannabis.
buzzmobile is offline Quote

Old 05-31-2019, 01:37 PM #8
xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nicexxPeacePipexx is just really nice
Nicotinia Rustica, also known as "Wild Tobacco" has a nicotine content that is roughly 3x stronger in percentage then the typical Nicotinia Tobaccum (Common Tobacco) and it is only grown in the agricultural production settings for pesticide use and applications once its processed.

Pretty easy to grow and most insects are going to avoid the plant, especially if it is eaten. Aphids though, well they are a tobacco farmers nemesis due to their fondness for the tobacco stalks juices. They don't really harm the plant in small numbers, but the secretions that ants collect while farming them tends to develop black sooty looking mold almost overnight. In short, I keep wild tobacco in all of my gardens outside and I rarely have any problems with pests other than the Aphids mentioned which if caught earlier in the infestation are easily dealt with using a garden hose and a little Tanglefoot or even Vaseline.

Manidoo Seeds - Capturing the Spirit of Star Plants from around the world in Spirit Seeds bringing medicine to the people.

xxPeacePipexx is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.