What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Pipeline Gardens 2020:::::::

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Broke the camera lens about this time last year while carrying water, and got discouraged. I discovered its best to enjoy the plants sometimes without taking pictures. Just enjoy, and soak it in, the way God intended it!

I still haven't got a working camera. I need to look at one my brother gave me to see if I can get it to work.

The garden this year is doing the best ever! No fertilizer burn like last year!

Planted 2 flats of seed at the end of march using a little bit of the garden tone fertilizer from last year that was hot. Plants started getting yellowing and die-back after a couple weeks, so I dumped them out and planted 2 new flats. It worked out well though since the 2nd time I planted different seedlots for breeding.
Plants are from 2019 and 2018 seedlots from the 2009 original cross using 2-3 deep chunk males to hybridize with 4 DC hybrid lines in the garden:

1. (OG Kush x Jamaican Jam) x DC)x DC
2. (Bubba Kush x DC) x DC
3. (Bubba Kush x Bubblegum) x DC
4. Sour Bubble Bx3 x Sour Bubble bx 4 x DC

After 10 years of breeding I found the sativa candy spice phenotype, but now I'm trying to steer the genepool back to the afghan indica phenotype.

The new flats were planted in the garden about mid may and they showed a little stress signs from the Espoma Tomato tone fertilizer again! After a couple weeks and heavy watering the fertilizer has broken down, and its not affecting the plants anymore.

So I switched fertilizers. Now using composted poultry manure with peat humus which was left over from last year, so its definitely not going to burn! Fertilizer compsition is roughly 1.54- 0.69-0.89.

At the 4 inch stage, plants were top dressed with about 2 inches poultry compost and it was worked into the top of the soil. They responded well with healthy growth right away!

July 4 applied 4 inches compost and now the plants are as tall as me! :smoke:

Males are all out except 2 Deep Chunk dominant champion males for pollination and a few small plants which haven't shown sex yet. Spacing is perfect! Turning out to be a nice garden this year! Go out there every evening now to let the dogs hunt and enjoy the garden! Best garden ever in 20 years guys! Will get some pics for you guys soon! :smoke:

2019 shots

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

deltronZER0

Yeaaaa, ima need to tune in for this one; deep chunk, Jamaican and sour bubble genetics outdoors in capable hands? Sign me the F up

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys! This is the F10 generation for the 2019 and F9 for 2018 to clarify. Its fun to see familiar plants pop up every year.

So glad have the 2 Deep Chunk champion males for breeding again! There is also one or 2 Deep Chunk dominant females with rounded serrations on the leaf margin and tufty indica growth. So we should be able to move the line back toward the indica phenotype.

I provide for family and friends who use cannabis for medical issues. Indica seems to have the best medical relief, but its good to have a little mix of sativa for some conditions.

Leaves are as big as a steering wheel! God is our Good Shepherd! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Removed 9 more males, so there are only 1 or 2 smaller plants which have yet to show preflowers! The garden is full of females now, praise God! Plot was watered with 88 gallons yesterday along with about 0.25-0.5 inches rain! Schrews was right with the watering recommendations! At this stage the normal 44 gal watering was not near enough! Those were some thirsty girls after a string of 90's and sunshine with wind all day and night Saturday!

Plants are lined up for a productive harvest this year! Some are 6 ft tall and moving! Abundant branching going on now! Amazing grace! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a beautiful thing! Thanks for stopping by! I will try to get pics one way or another!

Plants are at full power now! Wondering how tall they will get this year! May be 9 ft! Got a friend to help hold the ladder and trim now, so it should go smooth! Enjoy the show! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of the chosen males has purple highlights on the leaf petioles (stems) and looks like a little sativa candy spice mixed with a DC male from last couple years! Its great they are 2 perfect males for pollination!

Pulled 2 more extra males this evening and verified they were all females!

Have some thunderstorms floating around this week. Plants are going to really grow now! This is the best garden I've ever had! Will work on the camera my brother gave me. He said it should work, it just needs the corrosion on the battery terminal sanded off.

Going to want to stick around for this one! :smoke:

2019 picture

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Jonnyfli! Sorry, no pics yet! Still need to get a camera!

Finally made it back out there Saturday and the males were open pollinating! Females are well on their way for the most part, so it was time to cull the males!

Watered 44 gallons both saturday and sunday.

Saw a little bit of digging that happened but it was minor and smaller than a golf ball hole from chipmunks. Dogs were busy hunting and I applied cayenne mix repellent as well as Liquid Fence repellent. My cat is due to be combed out. Going to get lots of fur soon!

Plants are huge! Some came in at 8+ feet tall! Lots of branches going on this year so getting the jars ready! God's grace! :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Got 0.75-1.0 inches yesterday evening! Praise God! Plants were still standing just fine! A couple started leaning a little, but it was minor. Stood them up packing soil around the stem.

The plants were watered 44 gallons saturday and sunday then got a good rain monday. By tuesday, lots of new leaves are coming out along the branches and flowers! Rest of the week is sunny and hot! Good growing conditions! :smoke:

jonnyfli

Hey Jonnyfli! Sorry, no pics yet! Still need to get a camera!

Finally made it back out there Saturday and the males were open pollinating! Females are well on their way for the most part, so it was time to cull the males!

Watered 44 gallons both saturday and sunday.

Saw a little bit of digging that happened but it was minor and smaller than a golf ball hole from chipmunks. Dogs were busy hunting and I applied cayenne mix repellent as well as Liquid Fence repellent. My cat is due to be combed out. Going to get lots of fur soon!

Plants are huge! Some came in at 8+ feet tall! Lots of branches going on this year so getting the jars ready! God's grace! :smoke:
music to my ears hope you have plenty jars stored around :plant grow::thank you: