What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kernow Guerrilla

Big Eggy

Veteran
Purple Maroc - update day 52

So the good weather as gone for the time being and we've had a good amount of rain which has probably washed all the nutes from my holes, so today during a sunny interval I took some top dressing up to the purple marocs.. Nothing fancy just a good few handfuls of fresh multi purpose compost with two good doses of Fish/blood/bone. Its pissing it down now so that it should start to soak down to the roots.

little pm
Both plants are about 2ft now and this one is showing some preflowers.
picture.php

picture.php

Big pm
This one is leaning a bit and might need staking... I'm gonna try not to for the time being.
picture.php

I Also removed the cages today to try and make them look as natural as possible as someone has been up here in the last few days.. They sprang all my traps and obviously moved a few other items at the site.. They have left the plants alone for now :eek:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Check on the little Autos this morning and my cat seems to have decided to take a dump in them and scratched all the soil over the Diesel... could have been like this for a few days.

I'm gonna abandon these and start again... In the greenhouse for 3-4 weeks in pots then transplant them when they are a similar size to what the purple marocs were. I know that this is not optimum for autos but i'm only after a few grams from these and i'll have healthier plants going into flower than what I've got now.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Autos take 2

I like to call day on when the seeds are above ground so here it is.

I've decided to change my strains this time and gone with auto NL and auto AK, both strains I've grown in the past as regular photoperiod strains that I found very easy to grow and have a good frame of reference as to what the finished product should be like.. let's see how these cheapy autos stack up.

NL day 1
picture.php

AK day 1"nearly"
picture.php

As I've been really enjoying getting back into the scene after a long break I've been thinking about next year...I think I can really prep the current side to accommodate a lot more plants if I clear the brambles and start digging out the rock now till then.

What I'd really like to do is start working on developing a cross that would suit my situation from three to four strains, from its many grows here in the UK Purple Maroc seems a great like a contender.. I've also been looking at RGS outdoor regular seeds and would rather that they weren't semi auto so I can start them early like I have this year and get as big plants as possible which has narrowed my choices down to the following and my reasons in brackets:

Early Grape Berry (mould resistant)

Fast Bionic Girl (mould resistant)

Super#61 (lemony/skunk flavour & old classics for parentag Serious6 x Sensi Skunk#1

Patriot Medicine x GG#3 (Very early finisher with out semi auto).

I've not found much first hand info on actual grows from these so any thoughts are welcome or if there are reasonably priced regular seeds I should consider from other seedbanks I'd love to hear.

eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Purple Maroc - Update day 60

So weather has been all over the place here.. wind, sun & rain.. but the PMs are holding up well. Little PM looks like shes got a bit of nute burn, probably because my top dress was a little hot.

Little Pm
picture.php

picture.php

Big pm
picture.php

picture.php

After these photos were taken I pinched out all the tips of all but the lowest limbs and crushed the stems at the top of each plant.

Little pm is a the one that has shown preflowers already, she has also started alternate branching.. fingers cross I can keep her from going full on flower mode for a month at least.

Finally here's a shot of me standing in what might become part of next year's plot, I reckon I can get 8 to 10 plants with a bit of clearing.

picture.php

I decided to go with some of RGSC outdoor regular for next year as I'd like the opportunity to collect some pollen and make a bunch of crosses.

The choices ended up being:
Early Grape Berry
Patriot Medicine X GG#3
Super#61
Easy Sativa x Skunk #1 (fem)

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Autos update

Not a lot to say other than the NL is bigger than the AK at this stage.. if I was a betting man I'd have said the smaller one was the NL, hope I didn't get the seeds mixed up.

Auto AK - 1 week
picture.php

Auto NL - 1 week
picture.php

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Purple Maroc update - day 66

So we had a lot of rain last Friday when I last went to see them but as we are in store for lots of sun and no rain for the next week and the fact that I might find it hard to get there this weekend as I want to go surfing I took them 2litres each of water with some mutes at 7-7-7. Upon first inspections Little PM is hell bent on going into flower.. I thought this might happen and can only hope that the semi autoflower part of this strain either just see flowering though early or she holds of for a bit longer, however I suspect this is wishful thinking and she'll stall. Yield is not too important for me as this is just an fun project.. Whatever she does I'll just have to try and work with it. The new growth is very green but this could have been me restricting the growth by crushing the stems last week.

Big Pm however has regained the title and is now nearly up to my hips and apart form a few tiny preflowers doesn't seem as keen to start flowering.

So I'm now fairly comfortable saying I've got to phenos here.

little pm 66 days
picture.php

picture.php

BIG PM 66 days
picture.php

picture.php

I think my biggest problem is how close these girls are that I can visit them weekly and kinda over think the whole thing and should probably just leave them to their own devices.

Eggy

Stdane

Hi Big Eggy....nice plants you've got going there, I had a strain called Hasha also a semi autoflower, then in '18 we had a totally insane spring and summer, so I started seeds around beg. of March and planted out mid-April, mid-May they began to show pistils at the end of May they were full in flower, then late June they reverted to veg, which was a mess, coz when they started to finally bud, it looks like the first half could do with a serious shave, and that's what I did lol:biggrin:, simply removed buddy regrowth and at the end I've got some decent yields on these plants, nice sized buds I mean, without all those small popcorn buds on the first couple of feets. So the lesson was learned, don't start too early with semi-autos when you're over 50N in latitude, I'm at 55N or Auto-land as I call it. Remember when there was only Lowryder#1 and #2, then came Lowlife Seeds, man those where uphill days, now there's auto's that's almost way up with the best regs. I've started some Ultimate Auto x Mighty Mite a cross of my own, then some Mazar auto's and Auto Lemon Zkittle both from DP and finally waiting on some Auto Nevil Bilbo from Genehtik Seeds and Auto Malawi x NL from Ace seeds, the first auto they have made, luckily with their Killer Malawi. Perhaps I toss some pics up when they're up and running nicely. In the meantime happy growing to you...Cya:tiphat:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey Stdane, I'm right at 50degs so I guess I'm gonna have a similar experience as you. It'll be fun to see what happens in a way.

I'm hopefully picking up some RGSC strains today for next year and my pop a few in the hope of getting a male for some pollen.lband depending on how my cheapy autos go this year might get some of their autos too for next season. Does anyone still sell dwarf autos like SGS used to have?

40degsouth

Hi everyone,
Eggy, l hope I’m wrong but looks like a bit of iron lockout on the little one, possibly caused by the ph being to high in the native soil as the plant’s roots are growing into it. I’d check the ph.
Cheers,

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hi everyone,
Eggy, l hope I’m wrong but looks like a bit of iron lockout on the little one, possibly caused by the ph being to high in the native soil as the plant’s roots are growing into it. I’d check the ph.
Cheers,

Hey 40degsouth, I was wondering that too.. I've not really got any means of testing the pH sadly. Fields near by grow cauliflowers and daffodils which like 6-7, closer to home rhododendrons do well which suggests very low pH. All that said the holes are dug in old mine waste rather than soil so there could be a problem with soil pollution..

You'll notice that they all still have a bit of leaf curl so maybe I should just lay of the water for a bit.. It (yellow tips) didn't look as bad when I was there so could just be my camera making it look worse.

I'm gonna swing by tomorrow just to double check.

Got some new seeds!!!

Just picked these up this morning, originally I ordered 6 of each and chose 3x femmed early sativa x Skunk #1 as a freebie but I got sent a 12 pack of the Patriot Medicine x GG#3 instead which is cool with me and it has 13 seeds in there too.

picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey All,

So I've been to the site with the PMs this morning and had a better look at the plants and the yellow shoots are greening up as the leaves mature.

picture.php

This was also taken with a different camera. Big pm also has similar new growth but not as pronounced, I think little pm looks worse as she has started to flower and the tips have more going on.

I've stuck my fingers in the soil and it's bearly moist down to about 4in. Both lead tips on both the big and little are showing a tinge of purple.. but it was cold last night.

I've got no way of testing pH right now but I found a great site on the British geological survey that says the area should be between 6.5 and 7.2 closer to the village and coats (3/4 of a mile) its lower.

This all kinda seems right as this rhododendron is growing about 200m away and is about 4m tall and growing happy.

picture.php

One thing I did find interesting on the BGS site was that my area has zero carbonate content.. I don't know if this means calcium carbonate or not but on ready about calcium deficiency I came across this:

Cause nutrient lockout. Poor functioning roots means poor nutrient uptake. The plant may display several types of nutrient problems when this happens

Obviously I don't want to add lime in case the pH is high..

I think the best thing I can do is wait a few days to ensure the soil has dried sufficiently flush with low pH water and hope that changes things.

It's probably worth adding that they have only been given rain water I've collected.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Purple Maroc's - day 69

Been up again this afternoon just to see what the deal is and the yellow new growth is definitely greening up. I used my usual camera this time. Pretty sure the soil is acidic looking at surrounding flora but I cant be 100% sure. I'm gonna wait till they are really thursty and the flush with a low pH water. I need to get a kit to test a new pond I've built so that'll come in handy.

little pm
picture.php

BIG pm
picture.php

thepureskunk

Hey man, things are looking good! I love the effort you’re putting in, and hopefully it’ll pay you back.

The spot on the other page definitely looks as though you can get more plants in.

Take care :joint:

Big Eggy

Veteran
Thanks thepureskunk.. Gonna see how this year goes and if a good crop and no rippers then I'll go bigger next year.

Autos week 2

Not a lot to say about these other than the roots are now showing at the bottom of the pots, nice and healthy and white. Once the pots have dried out I'm gonna plant them in the same spot as the failed attempt.. I'm hoping that as they are bigger they'll be safer from the local cats.

NL auto
picture.php

AK auto
picture.php

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Hey all.. just a quick update on the PMs

I've literally backed away from water even though we've had a heat wave and no rain but I think it's paid off as the plants look much healthier. Big thanks to 50degsouth for highlighting the potential iron lock out, I don't think it was from the native soil but from my over watering. The native soil is mostly rock but pretty sure the pH is lower than 7, because it's rocky I've been thinking it would be very free draining but clearly not the case. These pics were taken today and they haven't had water either by me or the heavens in a week... And they look fine, that said we're not due rain for weeks so I will have to take some water up sometime over the next day or two depending on how hot the weather is (today was mid 20s).

Little Pm day 72
picture.php

picture.php

Big Pm day 72
picture.php

picture.php

Gonna pop a Patriot Medicine tomorrow in the hope of a boy so I can chuck some pollen at these ladies.

Eggy

Big Eggy

Veteran
Either I fucked up one of the tops on big Pm or someone has nipped out the shoot?? I don't know to be honest.. but went up to water them today and one of the two lead shoots has been cut back to just a fan leaf?

I'm half expecting to get ripped at this point in time.. let's hope I get there first.

Been scouting around for other spots for next year and all the fertile ground is taken.. a few spots on the cliffs (paths that lead nowhere) are a possibility but they are very close to the sea. Keeping an eye on what the farmers do with the daffodil fields as there are some sweet south slopes towards the edges that looks suitable but whatever goes there will need to be drought tolerant as lugging water weekly will be too suspect... That said the soil is better than the current site.