What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Temporary Light Depping question..

Drop That Sound

I was just wondering if its possible to temporarily deprivate the plants about 3 weeks or so before I usually see flowers form (mid August usually), to get a kick start and beat the rainy weather here in the PNW.

I don't really want to bother setting up a system, just kick start the plants into flower a little earlier than usual.

Would say 1 week or so of light dep towards the middle of July be enough or would I have to continue the process on through august?

I think you have a good chance of success that close to the natural flowering date. Maybe 7-10 days of 12 hours darkness in the latter half of July would set the plants on a path of no return. Good luck!

theJointedOne

Veteran
I was just wondering if its possible to temporarily deprivate the plants about 3 weeks or so before I usually see flowers form (mid August usually), to get a kick start and beat the rainy weather here in the PNW.

I don't really want to bother setting up a system, just kick start the plants into flower a little earlier than usual.

Would say 1 week or so of light dep towards the middle of July be enough or would I have to continue the process on through august?

if you want them to flower earlier you can start covering in early to mid july, but i would cover till mid august just to be safe that you dont get a reveg...probably unlikely but all that hard work would be a waste if it did happen.

I consider it strain dependent.
if you go to silverbacks sticky threads and scroll down to 60/60 forced flower approach youll get a good read.
I tried it a couple years ago and it did not work. they revegged and I pulled them up. oh well nothing ventured nothing gained.
at this time I don't screw around. if I want it to stay vegged I give it two hour light break if I want it to flower I pull tarp till September 22

Latest posts

Latest posts