What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Central Oregon 2016 Light Dep.

HorseMouth

It's March, so we might as well get rolling.

Most clones have already been taken and rooted for the early run, working on the second big cloning this weekend.

Over the last few years and understanding the space and numbers I have to work with, this double cloning separated by a month seems to give me the plants and working timetable I need for success.

Also, in the past I used Oasis cubes (rack of 50) and for every 50 clones I took, I would keep the best 20 only. This year I am only keeping the best 12. This has me cloning more trays off bigger mothers, but I'm hoping this will translate to better (all around) plants in the long run. NOTE: I will have the same amount of plants as last year, but I will end up taking about 40% more clones.

Here's the lineup

GSC Forum Cut. 3rd year in the stable
GDP Ken's Cut. 2nd year
BCD. 1st year OD. Great success on the small indoor testing runs.
Hazy Trainwreck. 3rd year.
Harlequin. 1st year. Just tested the Indoor. 9.5 CBD, 4.3 THC.
CannaTsu. 1st year. 12% CBD, <1% THC
Grape Stomp 1st year. Looked terrible indoor, giving a couple a try in OD.

Pics will be posted as they are relevant. Let's keep this thread clean and to the point, not interested in getting highjacked or babysitting a newbie trying for post validation.

Peace

Last edited:

HorseMouth

Here's a camper I saw online that I like. Mostly for the accordion style sides, lending itself towards light Dep.

Plus, Here's a Pic of Last years GH lineup of Tarp pulling.

Peace

Dankstang

BCD

BCD

we did BCD last season. Huge colas, beautiful pink to purple to black. Easiest in garden to take care of. Smelliest and distinct, it's a keeper in my lineup!

orechron

I 2nd BCD as an outdoor choice. Very durable plant, puts out blue dream sized colas with better bag appeal imo. Only downside is that it is spread throughout OR and hard to get rid of locally. Subbed for the show.

R

Robrites

Looks to be a great show. Good to see someone living the dream.
I'll watch and learn.

BCD = ?

HorseMouth

I'm using the BCD as my Bulk. Every garden better have at least one, for a while it was Blue Dream, before that it was straight Diesel. Over the last couple years I've tried different Bulk's but haven't had the success I used to have.

The others are small batch, (except the Hazy Wreck), and more for the proper effect they offer.

Rest of the clones have been taken. I had a few Alaskan Thunderfuck X TW, and Grape Stomper, but they didn't pan out as expected and were dropped. I did keep three Grape Stomper, and if I get a chance I might grow two of them out. MAYBE.

The west coast is getting slammed with snow and rain right now, and over the last week. I was in the Cascades mountains last weekend and was just so enchanted with the color of the trees/moss/underbrush. I miss that environment, but I wouldn't want to battle with that kind of humidity. I hope everyone is well and getting a step by step list of prep work done.

This time of year always matches up with spring training Baseball. Highest of hopes and dreams for your strains and the possibility of the fall. So here's to all your strains and teams making the playoffs come October!

Peace.

HL45

Veteran
Working towards my first light dep this year. My bro isdoing all bcd forhis full term. He got 5 plus in linn County.

HorseMouth

Happy Mothers Day. Someone should breed a strain called mothers day, and have it in primed to go in the ground on mothers day for the OD season.

Here's Today, The BCD have been in the ground for a week, I've got lots of other plants in pots, waiting till this next cold snap passes. Should be in the ground be the weekend.

Peace

HorseMouth

This is today, day 5 of Budding. Started pulling the tarp on Night of May 24th. Great looking bed, the right side has a low ph problem that I've been fighting against all spring.

The weather has finally turned for the better, and the nights are not shockingly cold. The BCD in this picture had the easiest of it b/c of the plastic I had on this greenhouse in the earlier part of the year.

My CBD strains hated the cold, my Grand Daddy Purps didn't even blink.

Hope all is well in everyone's Light Dep World. Next tarp is going to be pulled on June 7th.

Peace

HorseMouth

It's going to be 30 fucking degrees tonight. Cover everything you got. BTW it's June 14th. This fucking job never gets easier.

Peace

R

Robrites

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65986&pictureid=1614246View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=65986&pictureid=1614245View Image

It's going to be 30 fucking degrees tonight. Cover everything you got. BTW it's June 14th. This fucking job never gets easier.

Peace
It got 31 "in town" the other night @4000 feet. Thankfully, I am quite a bit lower. The lower temps might convince your deps that it really is Fall and speed them up. (If it doesn't kill 'em.) Another weird weather year here in NE Oregon. Had 102 degrees one week and mass cool rain another.

You will succeed and be way ahead of everyone else when you do.

HorseMouth

Blue City Diesel. Day 23, Low 30's at night have colored these buds over the top.

Everyone's alive, Thank God. The Organic farm down the Dirt street from me lost 25 acres of beans, basil and greens. It hit them at 26 degrees. They were closer to the Deschutes then I.

Pray for Organic farmers b/c we are a dying breed.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts