What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aerophonics

chronicgrower

hi guys, after growing in hydro for 2 grows, im thinking about changing to full aeroponics. my question is how tall would the chamber/resi for the root system have to be to allow for adequate growth?

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
funny because i was just about to leave you some pics. and some info. here you go... i get about 3-4lbs per table every run. check out the tables....

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
these chemxsours were in veg for 3 days. now there on day 10 of bud. so 13days from clone... i never usually veg but my temps have been low and i had never seen such slow growth so i gave them a few days to veg out.

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
well with my ak47 i can go straight into 12.12 from clone and have that shit ready to be picked at exactly the 42 day.

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
rootchamber IMO is big enough. but a experienced aero grower told me id be doing better if i had deeper trays then the ones im using.

Aeroguerilla

Veteran
depends you can either get 6 4in net pots per tray or 4 5in net pots. i went the 4 per tray to allow more space. but with the ak47 i should have gone with the 6 per tray bc that strain likes SOG its all what you wanna do man. aeroponics is the best hands down. go get yourself a table an get to work! google botanicare 8tray aerojet. thats the model im rockin.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You will minimize and/or completely avoid problems by making sure the root chambers are deeper than the height of the plant. Roots are the same length as plant height.

If your strain is 24" you need about 30" to make roots do not touch the bottom.

This is what healthy roots look like. Double click to see all the fuzzies along the fishbones. Each bone looks like a pipe cleaner. The more of these you have the more nutrients your plant can absorb.

You also want plenty of space around the root balls so the nutrient fog can swirl around and land. If not, it's like the Dark Side of The Moon.

The minute roots begin gathering on the bottom of your RC you are no longer true aero and you are asking for problems.

Check out my True Aeroponic Grow journal for detailed info

Latest posts

Latest posts