What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Teflon© Bag Collection Tek, No scraping

the gnome

Veteran
"I like the thicker modified PTFE bags. This page has the different sizes. They once sold singles, now only in lots of 10 for this type. I'd get a 9x8 at least for blowing into. The small ones are good for storage and transferring."

Checked the site and they have 12x12 singles for $9+-, Thanks foaf.

what site has the 12x12" singles?
is in foafs link?
all i see are 10 bag per order?

jump /injack

Veteran
Singles 12X12

Singles 12X12

"I like the thicker modified PTFE bags. This page has the different sizes. They once sold singles, now only in lots of 10 for this type. I'd get a 9x8 at least for blowing into. The small ones are good for storage and transferring."

Checked the site and they have 12x12 singles for $9+-, Thanks foaf.

what site has the 12x12" singles?
is in foafs link?
all i see are 10 bag per order?

Since I posted that the price went up a little from this morning. They are on foaf's site but under pail liners, they've got them larger than the 12x12. Go here: http://www.fluorolab.com/modifiedptfepailliners.aspx

bikhomes

I line my vac chamber with parchment, make a bit of a bowl in there that will hold all the butane, blast straight onto the parchment, after simple heat purge for a few minutes bring it inside pop the lid on and start vacuuming.

Simple, cheap, ZERO scraping.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oooooh, this lookss like fun. Gotta try it out. Always looking for a more efficient collection method. i really dislike scraping pyrex dishes with blades. It's so messy and i know i'm gonna gash myself sooner or later with a razor blade.
Thanks for the link with the bags.

Absolutely. I pour into dishes lined with PTFE film rather than bags as I find that purging within an enclosed surface can lead to waxing due to further agitation of the oil from gas making its way all the way through and out the bag rather than straight off the top of the slab.

turt3l

You guys rock! here is my addition!

You guys rock! here is my addition!

I am a new member from Maine, and I just would like to say you guys rock, and thank you all so much for all the awesome info available here from your efforts.
The eplastics site is great for teflon sheeting in which you can put in just about anything from glass to steel and blast into, but as well you can get 1/4' and 1/2' sheets 12x12" to purge from in the oven as shelves either from eplastics or on ebay.
This is sure to spark some interest, if you are still scraping (which many are)
This site has the sickest teflon scraping tools I have ever seen coincidentally called bone folders LOL.
http://www.bonefolder.com/category_s/1837.htm
So with this you could potentially get teflon sheeting, blast into pyrex with teflon sheet over it , evap, then freeze, turn sheet inside out dump onto shelf or next teflon thicker peice to purge from and then use the teflon BoneFolder!*! LOL to scrape it into your containing device i.e. jar, parchment ect. Thats my plan.
What do you guys think?

JointOperation

has anyone tried using a bag like this to purge somehow? wat about a vacuum bag.. put the shit inside.. and u can submerge it underwater.. and get it to temp.. would the butane escape if u used a source to pull it out of the bag. like a vaccuum system?

im sure many have done it or thought about it. but i really think u might be able to get an all around more even temp.. and maybe the pressure from the water.. and from pulling air out of the bag it will help. ?

any ideas on that? lol call me dumb or stupid i dont care lol.. my mind races all day long and i cant stop it.. i come up with ideas for wierd and dumb shit.. but here and there. something comes along that makes sense to me lol. so i figured id see what kind of criticism id run into tossing out tihs idea.?

MuffinMan12

Planning on buying a 10 pack of one of these and selling 8 on Ebay. Which one will people want to buy most? For smaller scale operations....

DreamBigOrGoHom

BHO w/ Teflon Bag

BHO w/ Teflon Bag

I hate to ask, because it may be a stupid question, does your Teflon bag have a seal at the top? Do you seal it and then throw it? Reuse it, etc.? I appreciate the help!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
This is an OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD thread.....LOL.

But in answer to your question.....the Teflon bags I purchased initially did not have a seal at the top. Imagine a ziploc bag with no locking mechanism....just an open top.

You can re-use the bags...they're pretty sturdy and resist freezing, boiling, etc.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did I miss it? Surely it's been tried, coating the inside of shatter platters with PTFE/Teflon? The platter doesn't see the temperature extremes some of the rest of the system does, so hopefully the PTFE will adhere, I read if you rough up the SS first there's no problem.

With the new pumps (Haskel and VaporHawg) you can take the puddle all the way down quickly, so rather than going for a cotton candy mess to scrape out, how about you go for a pre-shatter shatter hunk in a coated shatter platter, that, if it won't immediately flop out due to the coating, I assume you could stretch a piece of Saran/plasitic wrap across the top to protect your oil from contact with cold/moist air as you set the shatter platter on a frozen, thick candy maker's style stone platter in the freezer for a few seconds to effect separation. Or you could quickly drop the temp of the outside of the coated shatter platter with an aerosol discharge of some sort, squirt some CO2 etc. on the bottom. Another thought, if your coated shatter platter had a PID controlled silicone heater (heat mat) stuck to the bottom already to add heat during boil off, it could also be used as the controlled heat source during vacuum purging. With disconnects you could keep the same settings for the CLS and vac purge PIDS.

But who really knows, it may indeed ridiculously slide right out like on a TV infomercial.....

Then again it also occurs to me, the reason guys don't run a bunch of shatter platters switching them out from a CLS to lids connected to vacuum pumps for continuing purge is possibly the puddle's too thick, not enough surface area, but I'm still thinking it's because you can't scrape shatter from shiny stainless.

I haven't done a run in a long time, or I'd just test it myself... just use a PTFE/Teflon fry pan as the evaporating dish in an extraction, and find out just how quick release it is for the purpose. As I suggested years ago, and also never tested out, why not use PTFE/Teflon baking pans instead of Pyrex for open extractions? Even easier, after the quick cool down in the freezer, you can squeeze the walls of the pan to get some action without having to resort to slamming it down on a hard surface which might result in pre-shattered shatter. ;-) Further, if the baking pans release, they should be fine to go straight into a vac oven. How about any of you guys that do ethanol and iso shatters, I know some of you get consistent shatter, have you ever used PTFE/Teflon coated baking pans for evaporating, and maybe even all the way through final purge??

Last edited:

dbiddle

Teflon ziplock

Teflon ziplock

This was a thread before but it got corrupted so Ive redone it cause I keep getting PMs about it. Thanks everyone.

So whatever technique you use to make your BHO, or hexane extraction, or QWISO, you end up with your hashoil/solvent mix in this 5 mil teflon specimen bag. You blow the butane through the tube directly into the bag for evaporating and purging.

This is BHO from my honeypot bho system. It looks like this after it has vacuum purged for a day in the bag. You do have to purge it to get it to eventually be hard, you can also put the bag and oil in a warm water bath or on a heating pad. QWISO takes a lot longer to purge for me.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/7787teflon_3-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

Then you put the Teflon© bag into a regular ziploc, then put them in the freezer. Once cold, just a little crushing with your fingers through the bag, and its like peanut brittle and doesnt stick to the bag.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/7787teflon_4-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

but I used this opener to roll over it and it turned to powder, and poured freely into my container that was also cold.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/7787teflon_5-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

And after it warms back up. 9.5 grams here.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/7787teflon_2-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

The best sources for teflon bags seem to be this one, but you can find small ones on ebay, they use them for cooking.http://www.welchfluorocarbon.com/TeflonPFAFEPModifiedPTFELayFlatBags.htm

Also, note that genkisan, in a previous thread on the issue, had posted this statement "If ANY Teflon gets into your mix, even a tiny particle you cannot really see, it WILL KILL YOU" and with that note strewn in my original thread, I killed it cause I was pissed off. What genkisan was referring to, is that if you burn teflon at high temperatures, it gives off toxic fumes. Fair enough. But by the same token, if you burn the plastic that ziploc bags are made of, it gives off toxic fumes yet you don't think twice about putting your pot or hash in a ziploc. So.... don't smoke the teflon.

http://www.durafilmshop.com/FEP-bags-resealable-duralok-p/duralok.htm
I found these online recently, looks like they've made a ziplock entirely out of teflon. Certainly worth a look.