What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real Thai leaf?

L

laredo

Hi!
I`m from Germany and in a german cannabis forum the members are talking about a thai strain which have leafs with "double" peaks????
i dont know if it the right word for it but see the foto from my in Ko Chang collected bagseed strain looks like the same.
Anybody knows something about leafs like this?Why double edges?
Have a good one!

Attachments

• double.jpg
    double.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 25
P

Pinnate

I've always assumed the double serrations indicated a hybrid...

Don't think I've ever seen them on a pure sativa.

W

Water-

"If it's a serrated leaf, it's more likely to be from a cooler climate and a deciduous forest. The toothed leaves lose more water than smooth-edged leaves, so leaves are going to be less serrated on trees in drier climates."

not sure about cannabis leaves, but maybe a similar adaption to low temp at night and rain like highland Thailand

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
If I recall correctly DocLeaf was mentioning the Asian trait.

I can't find the thread but I remember him posting a picture of his Saxon Axe's double serration and theorizing....

:dunno:

clearheaded

while its fun to guess WHY, perhaps shed water easier ? look prickly to animals? perhaps just thinner leaves to withstand wind and intense light. dont think has anything to do with transperation as AFGANICAs come from very dry place and having LARGE leaves would def be evaporating more moisture as have more stomata and they come from more arid climate. If you use strict logic to explain it you would need to take a look outside and see how diverse leaves are in there back yard, and see so much differences. I think the serration for more evaporation was likely taken slightly outta context and more reffering to blade leaves as apposed to needle like leaves which have low enough evaporation they can keep them all year and not dry out. perhaps??

I think should go look at ACE seeds thread and look around there and maybe talk to dubi.