What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AutoMalawi x NL and hazes

orfeas

Veteran
I’d always disdained autoflowering hybrids till the year before when I gave them a go and got meself bullocks…I didn’t take it out entirely on the dwarf I grew out despite having made almost no mistakes in the process …
Now, after having seen what ULMW produced indoors, I got baked and bought a few beans to play around and why not harvest some decent bud midsummer…never done that before…

Equinox was when this little toddler broke ground and another bean found its way into the water in the cup. When it sprouts, the next one will follow and so on…that will be an eight to ten day hiatus…
I really want to see meself pulling this through…

:tiphat:orfeas

P.S.
The horse the turd and the toddler rather infant
Any odd man out? Nope!
They ‘re perfectly compatible :biggrin:

Attachments

• P1100266.jpg
    P1100266.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 23
  • P1100267.jpg
    P1100267.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 19
  • P1100269.jpg
    P1100269.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 19

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Best of luck Orfeas. I'm going the same route this season. Looking forward to seeing your grow.
Peace

G

Have a great season cavron!Grabbing a seat!I see there is quite a few of us that will try the automalawi way...Wish you luck mate :tiphat:

orfeas

Veteran
why thank you dear lads!
however dwarfish it may look, its boner's already jutting out of the 10cm transparent cup bottom... :biggrin:

now March's turned wintry again but my "primitive" HPS set up says "no knickers in a twist" ... will keep my toms and autos in there till it gets real springish again...soon enough methinks...

it'll be very interesting to see how this hybrid performs in different environments ...

Attachments

• P1100270.jpg
    P1100270.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 16

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi orfeas friend,

Really happy to see you are already starting the outdoor season :)

I was also quite reticent at the beginning to grow autos, but now i have learnt that they have their own space, especially for outdoor growing from spring to early summer as you can have an extra harvest without need to wait for the classic autummn harvest of the photodependant strains, so the auto harvest is a plus, nothing wrong with that ;) Although of course i prefer the classic photodependant strains for growing and smoking.

You would be surprised how vigorous and how good yielding this F3 Auto Malawi x NL can be, i wouldn't underrate her and would plant her in a really big pot and place her in a very sunny place so you can maximize her growth in the upcoming 4 weeks or so, before she start to flower inevitably.

Hopefully in early summer you change your mind and you start to have a good opinion about the autos! Take care and best wishes for the season! :thank you:

orfeas

Veteran
Thanks heaps, hefe!
I took a closer look at the photos you uploaded mid August...I did get somewhat startled, to say the least, never thought autos could grow that massive and now I must rearrange some...
Well, the sunlight's getting more intense by the day and temps follow suit...my dilemma now is whether to keep the toddler at home, taking it out basking during the day and by sundown under the MH illumination, or transplant it into a 50lt pot and let it tackle the elements on its own...what say you amigos?
Meanwhile I've been quite busy preparing this and that down my patch, collecting worms from the evidently healthy soil and let them thrive and do their thing in the 50lt pot...must have everything up and running, for May will be quite hectic with all these Hazes I'm aspiring to grow...and then there's these Kalamata beans itching and itching...I know I'll end up giving away a few...
Now, the last picture goes to show that trading is still alive and well in my niche of the world, so I don't have to wish I were a fisherman... :biggrin: a few fish for a few OE nugs, fair enough...

Attachments

• P1100271.jpg
    P1100271.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 18
  • P1100274.jpg
    P1100274.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1100277.jpg
    P1100277.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 10
  • P1100278.jpg
    P1100278.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 19

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi here! Hi Orfeas !

Hi here! Hi Orfeas !

A big rule about autos : no transplanting, they have to go directly in their definitive pot . ( but there are always special cases )

I have written a post yesterday about that and more : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8239127&postcount=155

The roots scan the bottom of the pot and the soil quantity .
That's why they can flower earlier in small pots and later in big pots . (And on autoreg the extremity of the mainroot broken drives to a male). Small pots = dwarf inducers ( for most of autos)

As Dubi said, big pot and heavy light as soon as possible .

@Dubi Automatic plants have the tendency to "democratize" ganja growing . It is not a bad thing . And autofem are actually the reality of the seeds market.

Another thing, worms in pots have tendencies to tamp the soil on time .

I was very excited about this strain when it was realised . So I'm still lurking and will have a try soon or later.

Have a good grow !
:tiphat:

Ksaderfo

Good luck Orfeas! (so that's where you are... haven't seen you in a while).

I like autos.. Sure they are a bit more "potato-ish" but you can harvest before the worms show up...

I was thinking of growing one of these "bigger yielding" autos my self.. Like this Auto Malawi x NL and some stuff from sweet seeds... The Big Devil 2 comes to mind...

So I'm gonna hang around and see how it goes for you... Promise I'll behave! :)

orfeas

Veteran
A big rule about autos : no transplanting, they have to go directly in their definitive pot . ( but there are always special cases )

I have written a post yesterday about that and more : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8239127&postcount=155

The roots scan the bottom of the pot and the soil quantity .
That's why they can flower earlier in small pots and later in big pots . (And on autoreg the extremity of the mainroot broken drives to a male). Small pots = dwarf inducers ( for most of autos)

As Dubi said, big pot and heavy light as soon as possible .

@Dubi Automatic plants have the tendency to "democratize" ganja growing . It is not a bad thing . And autofem are actually the reality of the seeds market.

Another thing, worms in pots have tendencies to tamp the soil on time .

I was very excited about this strain when it was realised . So I'm still lurking and will have a try soon or later.

Have a good grow !
Hey, Skunkist!
I appreciate your taking the time to chime in and pass a tip or two!
Say, I've heard people saying "no transplant" many a time before...yet I've been under the impression that seedling had better been nursed in a cup...
Nevertheless, they got into their final shoes the day before with the second seedling having its taproot just poking out the bottom...see now how they fancy their new habitat both volume and space wise...
"Another thing, worms in pots have tendencies to tamp the soil on time ."
I'm not quite sure I suss out what you mean "on time"... is three months that time? :)

orfeas

Veteran
Good luck Orfeas! (so that's where you are... haven't seen you in a while).

I like autos.. Sure they are a bit more "potato-ish" but you can harvest before the worms show up...

I was thinking of growing one of these "bigger yielding" autos my self.. Like this Auto Malawi x NL and some stuff from sweet seeds... The Big Devil 2 comes to mind...

So I'm gonna hang around and see how it goes for you... Promise I'll behave!

Oye, compadre! Ace is the haunting place, no doubt...a nice bunch of -ties (like teens :biggrin: ) hanging around playing marbles and all.
Autos have never swept me off me feet...see if that changes come harvest...
Behave? Sure you should! :biggrin: You're most welcome!

Looks like it's gonna be a promising show! I'm pulling up a chair broski.

Hey, Kas!
Promising? The real game won't be starting till the hazes sprout along side Kalamata, them being Panama Haze, Purple Haze x Malawi (std), A5 x M and Nev's Haze x M ...
I am at ~ 40 N where I think I do stand a chance to see them finish...
So welcome to the machine, mate!

thandee

Hi Orfefsss....
I wish you the best with your early plants....
Lets see what will happen to your new projects
under this beautifull sun here....
But be aware of demons...:ying:
It will make me mad if they will cause you something in your garden....:biggrin:
keep strong....and never stop trying!
Thandee here!:tiphat:

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Say, I've heard people saying "no transplant" many a time before...yet I've been under the impression that seedling had better been nursed in a cup...

Yeah , I know, my first auto beans suffered from that . And to transplant a seedling directly in a 20 liters pot sounds odd when you never done it .

But that's the way to do it ! My first try at seedling in 18 liters special auto pots directly ( now I bought some white 20 liters potswith the same special auto long shape :) )

Can you see the plants ??? Oh yeah !!! Quite ridiculous isn't it ?
But 4 weeks later , the plants' health told me it was right .

More tips on autoZ ?

Mix 1/3 of coco fibers (or coco/perlite mix ) in your soil .

Small waterings everyday are better because they have tendencies to increase the metabolism of the plants .

Some autos are very hungry while others need "soft" nutrients .

Be aware on calcium and magnesium on heavy stretches as you don't want to stunt your plant .

LST techniques work well on autos .

And love any plant like if it was the last one you grow . ( guenine punk spirit :headbange )

Ksaderfo

How about that yo?

Zey don't like the replantings... But if you let them loose with the colydons in 25lt... well... merry christmas...

How about...

Fabric pots

You start them after Germ (in a tiny pot yeah? for christ sake) in a 15 lt fabric...

No Trans-Shit :)

Bury the 15 lt in a 25... If .. :)

Could that work? :)

orfeas

Veteran
Hi Orfefsss....
I wish you the best with your early plants....
Lets see what will happen to your new projects
under this beautifull sun here....
But be aware of demons...:ying:
It will make me mad if they will cause you something in your garden....
keep strong....and never stop trying!
Thandee here!

Thank you, kardasi!

Yeah , I know, my first auto beans suffered from that . And to transplant a seedling directly in a 20 liters pot sounds odd when you never done it .

But that's the way to do it ! My first try at seedling in 18 liters special auto pots directly ( now I bought some white 20 liters potswith the same special auto long shape
Can you see the plants ??? Oh yeah !!! Quite ridiculous isn't it ?
But 4 weeks later , the plants' health told me it was right .

More tips on autoZ ?

Mix 1/3 of coco fibers (or coco/perlite mix ) in your soil .

Small waterings everyday are better because they have tendencies to increase the metabolism of the plants .

Some autos are very hungry while others need "soft" nutrients .

Be aware on calcium and magnesium on heavy stretches as you don't want to stunt your plant .

LST techniques work well on autos .

And love any plant like if it was the last one you grow . ( guenine punk spirit
Thanks! I've made sure my pot soil contains enough Ca and Mg... and if not, foliar feeding will do the job alright...
As for "guenine punk spirit" , W.W. puts words in my mouth or rather on my finger tips... "Divine am I inside and out, and I make holy whatever I touch or am touch’d from..."

How about that yo?

Zey don't like the replantings... But if you let them loose with the colydons in 25lt... well... merry christmas...

How about...

Fabric pots

You start them after Germ (in a tiny pot yeah? for christ sake) in a 15 lt fabric...

No Trans-Shit

Bury the 15 lt in a 25... If .. :)

Could that work? :)

Pythia's looong gone and the last hierophant was slain by Alaric in 396 A.D. ...
No experimenting possible for they have already been transplanted, 35lt for the "big one" and 30 lt for the small one... "colydons"? what's that? :biggrin:

:tiphat:Orpheus

Attachments

• P1100280.jpg
    P1100280.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1100279.jpg
    P1100279.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 12

Ksaderfo

Pythia's looong gone and the last hierophant was slain by Alaric in 396 A.D. ...
No experimenting possible for they have already been transplanted, 35lt for the "big one" and 30 lt for the small one... "colydons"? what's that? :biggrin

:tiphat Orpheus

Pythia was naaasty... She was Vaping Bay leaves.. :biggrin:

30lt;; Isn't that a bit too much..?

Colydons like Cotyledons or whateva (didn't have botanology classes in English.. :biggrin: ) the very early leaves...

Where did you grow them until that point? I believe that you have already placed them outside ya?

I'm asking out of Genuine Interest ya see... :biggrin:

I don't think I'm gonna start a different growjournal... There's isn't anyone to read it in the Greek Forum anymo... :biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180405_131829.jpg
    IMG_20180405_131829.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 12

orfeas

Veteran
Pythia was naaasty... She was Vaping Bay leaves..

30lt;; Isn't that a bit too much..?

Colydons like Cotyledons or whateva (didn't have botanology classes in English.. the very early leaves...

Where did you grow them until that point? I believe that you have already placed them outside ya?

I'm asking out of Genuine Interest ya see... :biggrin:

I don't think I'm gonna start a different growjournal... There's isn't anyone to read it in the Greek Forum anymo... :biggrin:

View Image

I deeply appreciate your Genuine Interest, they're sitting in the sun alright and a dome of transparent plastic film over them to keep them tiny little bodies warm...

As for Pythia, you've got it all wrong, mate! She used to have them Scythians supply her with a bale of their notorious herb...but she told the laymen it was just bay... :biggrin:

Is that ONE seed in the picture? If so, then you really must lack space...

As for the pot volume, dubi recommended even more :biggrin:

Ksaderfo

I deeply appreciate your Genuine Interest, they're sitting in the sun alright and a dome of transparent plastic film over them to keep them tiny little bodies warm...

As for Pythia, you've got it all wrong, mate! She used to have them Scythians supply her with a bale of their notorious herb...but she told the laymen it was just bay... :biggrin :

Is that ONE seed in the picture? If so, then you really must lack space...

As for the pot volume, dubi recommended even more :biggrin :

:tiphat :eek:rfeas

Some Skythians stole my bike!! :laughing: It is one seed yes... I lack more then just space actually... :biggrin:

Even more huh...

Ok so... Is this even true? I have a wider 25lt fabric pot.. and a 30lt pot which is kinda narrower.. By checking some outdoor grows I've seen alot of fine ppls growing in -wide- containers... like car tires etc...

So how about this... 30lt narrow pot? Or 25lt wide? (i can possibly fold the 30lt to reduce the volume a bit..

Olon-Kuringol-10.jpg

Cannabis_sativa_radix_profile.png

bko03s00b.jpg

Ksaderfo

Right behind you Orpheus-Morpheus... :biggrin:

Here's how my limited lifespan Nexus F8 is doing... :biggrin:

First of all the whole operation is happening in International Waters... In Narnia... So it's Totally Legit Ι'm running a Human Cloning thang and I finance it with a Pot Farm.. So it's totally Legit and Ethical...

FYI

The seed germinated in just under 48 hours in a 100% cotton slab covered with another cotton slab moisturized with boiled tap water, inside a 400ml Tupperware.

The root tip emerged from the bottom of the about 100ml container in just about 24 h... Just before the cotyledons started emerging. Biobizz light mix under a 6w cool white led... Under a glass bowl.

It was transplanted directly in a 25l (more like 30+ liter) kinda-conical fabric pot... It's filled with BioBizz Lightmix...

Covered with my Mamma's bowl... :biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]0wiSKdJESJM[/YOUTUBEIF]

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20180409_162751.jpg
    20180409_162751.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 7
  • what-if-the-weed-is-growing-us-dan.jpg
    what-if-the-weed-is-growing-us-dan.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: