What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Concentrate Toys! (what do you smoke out of?)

zzzx

My oil device :dance013:

That's soooo sick, im gonna guess thats atleast 4oz+ of oil? You should get a ceramic tip soldering iron like a hakko, then all you've got to do is stick the hot iron inside the concentrate bowl and voila- vapor, no butane torch to mess with. although it looks like you've got the torch tech down with that knarly adjustable stand.

Feb2006er

You should get a ceramic tip soldering iron like a hakko, then all you've got to do is stick the hot iron inside the concentrate bowl and voila- vapor, no butane torch to mess with.

Herb Iron and one of the domes with the tee are the way to go.
picture.php

picture.php

Wishdoctor has my #2 choice. It's all glass. Why would anyone want to smoke of of metal. Ever heard of Titanium Dioxide? All glass is the way to go IMHO.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think that the ceramic tipped irons are the best way to get heat to the concentrate. FWIW the tees in the domes have dimples that fit the herb iron's and phedor's tip exactly. If you fill the dimple you get a perfect hit with one every time.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My oil device :dance013:

photo3.jpg

Nice pipe bro! You must know skunks in low places to have one of the first three pharm proto types!

A salute to Agnostictaoist and our joint glass magician for the "Oil well" bowl design. Works sweet, as does the unique diffuser!

Nice oil too GG! Looks like your Purple Urkle from the last gathering. Ah's askeered to think what might be in the two dram vial.

Attachments

• Skunk Pipe.jpg
    Skunk Pipe.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

GrowGeek

Yep... My friends are some of the skunkiest, that's for sure! This is the "oil o' the urke" as you pointed out GW.

Out of a one gallon zip lock bag (4/5 full) of my "trimmins 'n trash" flour... I came away with just over 50g of the smoothest and cleanest oil I have ever laid my mitts on. Picture is with about 15-20ish grams of oil.

After donating a bunch of it, and making cannacaps with another bit of it, I am left with about 5-10g of meds. Easily enough to make it until next harvest. Quite comfortable I might add! ah ha ha!

This was one of the first prototypes, had some good points, and some bad... Aint R&D great!?!

photo4.jpg

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
While that design worked well, it cooked off the lower boiling point constituets first, leaving a heavier oil with less high and more sedative effect for last.

If you overheated it, it also left a lot of soot that required extra cleaning efforts.

AT's oil well with heated glass ball in the pool is the best portable device that I've tried, giving similar results to my test tube vaporizer oven that I use to evaluate samples.

Besides excellent effect, it really does bring out the flavors of the different oils.

In fact every patient that I have shared it with so far wants one, whether they like our own pipe or not.

I added a glass to glass herb bowl to mine, which was a big mistake. It immediately turned a pristine tasting oil pipe to ash tray flavor and smell.

I cleaned it up and will use it only for oil hence forth. I ordered another pipe made to use for medicating with fresh herb.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The two most flavorful ways to vaporize oil that I have tried is either glass or Ti. To my aging and unrefined boetian tastes, both are damn tasty but different.

Deciding between them would be like deciding between two delightful women, both of whom titillate my senses.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The two most flavorful ways to vaporize oil that I have tried is either glass or Ti. To my aging and unrefined boetian tastes, both are damn tasty but different.

Deciding between them would be like deciding between two delightful women, both of whom titillate my senses.

One big difference that I note between a Ti skillet and a boro silicate glass rod, is that the rod periodically breaks due to uneven heating and cooling, where the Ti does not.

I am currently working on getting a Ti rod to use instead of the glass one. I'm thinking that I could chuck a Ti rod in a TIG welder set on reverse polarity and ball the end nicely with a little current.

I am also looking for a quartz stir stick, which should stand up better than boro silicate.

One big difference that I note between a Ti skillet and a boro silicate glass rod, is that the rod periodically breaks due to uneven heating and cooling, where the Ti does not.

I am currently working on getting a Ti rod to use instead of the glass one. I'm thinking that I could chuck a Ti rod in a TIG welder set on reverse polarity and ball the end nicely with a little current.

I am also looking for a quartz stir stick, which should stand up better than boro silicate.

i will test and report results!

StonedAgin

Ohh my gawd these all of these oil pipes are incredible. I've seen things in smoke shops before and never quite understood what they were for or how they were used (even though I love hash oil). I certainly understand now. I want one...

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I put a little dab on some tin foil, light from underneath, and suck it up with a straw. Chasing the oil dragon. :tiphat:
Smoke my bubble the same way too.

Capn

try lightin just the foil, fumes will come off with no hash on it.

Ur inhaling those aluminum fumes.

Feb2006er

Have any of you tried using a ceramic tipped heating iron to vape your oil off of glass? It does not have the flavor problems that heating the glass with a torch has. The glass also stands up better as it does not reach as high of heat.

Capn

I dab my bho right onto my hakko's ceramic element, works like a charm and I can get fat milky rips.

P

Puddin'tane

nothing too fancy

nothing too fancy

picture.php

picture.php

:woohoo:

wanted to add that there is some real nice pieces in here :respect:
over 1300 views and less than 40 replies!
come on guys! post up your gear!

P

Puddin'tane

funny, reminded me of that scene from Bad Lieutenant when Keitel is sitting there with the hooker smokin off the foil..old schoolie

Latest posts

Latest posts