What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Scale insects

INdiSEaLu

Battled scale for a few years myself, pine scale. Oils and scrape them off at first sight is your best bet to eradicate them. Also a clean pair of clothing is key to not reintroduce them.

I ve been all over this site for a few years now and you are the the 1st bunch to address these geeks. They are soo gross i hate them. I would go and crush them by hand just to be rid of them. I blamed not filtering my seabird guano. Had them before ants. When ants moved in they totally put the scale to work, them and mealybugs.

St. Phatty

I have to think that Safer's might discourage the scale.

They seem like they might be hardy enough to get sprayed with Safer's and then crawl to another plant that hasn't been sprayed.