What's new

Anything to worry about??

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
New grower, and I m concerned that I may have mold from under the house spreading inside. What are these white spots?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Looks like a chemical nutrient solution has dried on your leaves after watering. Does water dissolve it and wash it away? If not then its not that, but its worth applying a bit of water to check.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^Agree, That looks like grains or particles from dried water. PM will have a fuzzy look. Just wash it off with your finger and keep an good eye. If its PM it will come back. Always have someone on hand to treat PM. Growing plants without it ain't possible for most of us.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Have you done any foliar feeding? If so, was it with tap water?

Seems a little early for Powdery Mildew. Growing in a place with mold growing doesn't mean that those molds will transfer to plants. It can serve as a warning sign for a conducive environment for fungal growth in general.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Although, if Powdery Mildew is a pre existing problem, it can transfer to seedlings and young plants very quickly. This usually happens if you already have a bad problem on other plants.

Use Armor Si from General Hydroponics to prevent and SaferGro's Mildew Cure to eliminate Powdery Mildew.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Someone as in a pro, or something? The ground under my house gets wet (needs gutters), and there is white stuff in places underneath. One location where I dump grease on the dirt outside is black, white, and pink. Very moldy here, why I never considered growing outside. I need to deal with that wetness under the house this year, and treat that white stuff.

That white spot did wash off one of the leafs, so was probably the stuff I have in the water, some sloppy spraying, and evaporating on the leaf.

Thanks for that link TanzanianMagic. I like the idea of spraying H2O2, and can get 35% food grade here. I need some for the seed germination anyways. Also the Baking soda / Epsom salts sounds like a good method.