What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cambodia seed hunt

hom

Veteran
Here's some of the weed I used on my bubble runs. Packs a good strong donkey punch.

picture.php

picture.php

hom

Veteran
Cambodia has been changing alot recently....land prices are shooting up, skyscrapers are popping up like mushrooms, and the old skool attitudes to cannabis are morphing. Not long ago you could walk into any bar or guesthouse and the weed was on the house. Big bowls for everyone's consumption. In 99 ladies were openly selling weed in the central market at $2.50 for a pound. That's a distant memory now.....but I did find one bar that has a little bowl ready for its customers. It's a nice touch.

picture.php

hom

Veteran
some laos strains have pink colors in them

I found a truly amazing looking lady up the Himalayas a few years ago....metallic blue with pink pistils. It stood out from the bunch. Lots of Nepali's seem to have very vivid and unusual colouration to them. In one field you can find all the colours under the rainbow. Lots of pinks, reds, dark greens, lime greens, and the illusive metallic blue. I should be in Nepal within 2 months on the hunt for that blue.......yesssssss

hom

Veteran
2 fat little nugs from a bag I picked up today. You can see the oil the Nepali has left on the bag.

picture.php

mowood3479

Veteran
Cool thread... Makes me want to visit
I like knowing I can score some herb once I get off the plane..

Last edited:

Cernunnos

I made some oil yesterday from 100 grams of beautiful Cambodian sativa. It definitely packs a punch.
Here's a few samples of the bud I used.

View Image

View Image

View Image

How's the high, soaring? I had some oil made from Lao brick and it was up and clear, a real treat at the time. That first pic looks impressive, I'd be happy with that:woohoo: Thanks for the window on Kampuchea brah:tiphat:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Travelling to far away places in search of Cannabis is something many people wish to do. They just can't for whatever reasons.
Someone has to do it... So fuck yeah!!! :respect:

We were lucky in that an Uncle went to Vietnam on a business trip, and while there he stopped over in Cambodia to see some old friends. He left with a handful of seeds that he brought back to Hawaii nei.

I have a copy of the female they kept (not sure if there are more seeds in hand or if this is it) but I am just getting to know her. The bud pic is a very long cured chunk he had stashed in jar while I was visiting.

The fan leaves do a gnarly double bladed serration action that is very cool, though I've seen it before (in the BloodxDurban we have).

Anyhow sorry to hijack the thread I was just mega excited haha

Enjoy your travels and stay safe
Aloha!

This is BloodxDurban pointing at 930, Cambodian at 12 noon

Gelado`

Veteran
Great thread! I grew some Cambodian girls out from seeds from Siem Reap--much more resinous and potent indoors and with proper drying and handling. Got very good smoke in PP earlier this year at one of the pizza places and I'll give the beans a whirl at some point. I also hit some Paradise Ice Cream with Cambodian pollen (accidentally) and I can't wait to see how those turn out!

Cambodian is perhaps my grail smoke--not too intense and I can get stuff done. A lot like good South Indian sativa.

Shaheed

any pics of plants Chief? Have some old school Jamaican seeds that I got a a pheno from that was purple from head to toe with long, seven leafleted leaves that turned red and yellow as it came to completing its life-cycle. Heard about a strong Cambodian influence in Jamaican herb in the 70s and such.

Gelado`

Veteran
Wagwan shaheed! No pics of the Cambodians as I wasn't posting much on here at the time. I'll run them again for sure, though, as I love the smoke and it's good for my mental state (doesn't bring on the anxiety). First I've heard of Cambodian genes in Jamaican herb though...that's a long distance from everywhere else. Colombian genes I would believe, though, due to the proximity of South America to the Caribbean, and I think I've heard that some of those genetics made it over to JA. Would love to run an old school Jamaican sativa for sure.

Shaheed

Wagwan shaheed! No pics of the Cambodians as I wasn't posting much on here at the time. I'll run them again for sure, though, as I love the smoke and it's good for my mental state (doesn't bring on the anxiety). First I've heard of Cambodian genes in Jamaican herb though...that's a long distance from everywhere else. Colombian genes I would believe, though, due to the proximity of South America to the Caribbean, and I think I've heard that some of those genetics made it over to JA. Would love to run an old school Jamaican sativa for sure.

Hey man, give me a link and lets talk off the air

Green Squall

Hom,

What are some fun things to do in Cambodia when your high? I bet exploring would be a blast with that up sativa effect. I like learning about new cultures, especially the food.

hom

Veteran
Hello IC folks, I have been in Vietnam for 2 weeks and this site is not accessible over that way. I seen alot of weed over there but it seems to be very low quality compared to Cambodia. They have a few types for sale....Vietnamese is the cheapest, then Laos, then Cambodian is the expensive one but its not near what we can find here. Vietnamese is basically just leaf and maybe a few tiny heads. I'm sure there is good weed in Vietnam but I didnt see any in Saigon. I heard they grow alot around Dalat and further north. The Laos was bricked and is the same you will find all over thailand. The Cambodian was tasty looking but dried in the sun with little flavour left. Prices are crazy compared to what Ive gotten used to in Cambodia. They were looking for 200000 dong for a tiny bag, maybe 2 grams. Thats 5$ a gram for leafy crap. No thanks.

Cerunnos...the oil I made has a battering ram type effect. I have been smoking some and eating lots more. When I smoke it the effects just blow me away. It's certainly uplifting and soaring. I was just super blissed out smiling at all the locals and floating around magical saigon. When you eat it, it has a strong coming up feeling and makes my heart flap and flutter. Then you realise you are completely outta your tiny brain. Its a ride.

Corky 1968...I have collected well over 1000 I believe. All from different areas and from various varietys I can find. Big ones, small ones, fat ones, and one that look like kate moss. They are all super healthy and super fresh. Already in a chilled environment awaiting my return. On sleeping under the stars in the himalayas.......go for it. It's awesome.

Nice work Grey skull....that nugget looks delicious. Lovely pics. I will upload a plant pic tomorrow when there is some light. Got a little lady on the go here from local seeds.

Hey Gelado....I'd love to see what these ladies look like when grown properly indoors by someone who understands sativas. I know they way most people dry here degrades the thc and loses alot of the terp profile. Sun dried weed aint the way forward.

Green squall...thats the beauty of it. Everything here is exploration. I love to take off on my bike and hit the dirt roads searching for leads. Just enjoying the scenery and local wildlife. Within 10 feet of me right now are huntsman spiders, scorpions, lots of geckos, huge moths, bats, snakes, giant centipedes and lots of mossies. I have a very wild garden here.