What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

S.A.G.E. still good ?

Gizmo

hello, guys, is anyone still grow the SAGE from Thseeds please ? im interested to know if the parents are still the same, the sage i smoked in amsterdam past the new millenium was very good, a nice head high herb with sandalwood aroma. im wondering how are the seeds from thseeds today, i never grew them but SAGE interest me if its still the original seedlot. i rarely see growers using their seeds at icmag. any experience or opinon is welcome :)

MrBungle

My experience is based on 2 free reg seeds I got through a promo. Both seeds grew similar and both ended up being female, they both flowered great monster buds, rock hard, harvested in 11-12 weeks, yields over average, leaf to calyx ratio was favorable.. harvest and cured buds... smoked sweet... very light buzz.. not my cup of tea... no matter how hard I tried the potency stayed the same... so I ended her stay in my garden....

If you like a pretty plant with a light buzz then S.A.G.E. is good for you

Brelva

The modern iteration of Sage from THSeeds is said to be quite different from the old one.

Not sure if it's possible to find pure seeds of the old Sage anymore.

White Sage from Karma Genetics uses the old Sage cut though.

corky1968

Veteran
I bought another kind of seeds from TH a while back and none germinated. So I gave up on them.
As for the Sage, it did look amazing when it first came out. I'm not sure about it's current status.
I don't see people growing TH plants too much. I wonder why that is?

Gizmo

ok so it doesn't sound good so it seems, maybe i will skip, the sandalwood aroma interest me but thseeds are very expenssive, need more feedback on recent grow

willostat

They are not worth the price. I had 4 females and none of them interested me, and the buds were quickly forgotten. I dont trust attitude where I got em from im not sure if I really received sage as they were all pretty amber at 8 weeks...not what I was expecting as they should have taken a few more weeks. Certainly not a "flagship" strain whatever it was

Homebrewer

Veteran
I'm currently growing a SAGE cut and it's pretty impressive thus far. The pic below was taken in the 30s, she's at day 50 something now. She smells like a fragrant mix of pine and turpentine. I'd be happy to update as she matures...

picture.php

budsicles

Homebrewer...please keep us updated.

I have been searching for a pine/turpentine strain for years, with no luck.
Do you know if your clone came from old or fairly new seed stock?

Cannavore

Veteran
you guys probably want the Fort Collins SAGE cut. she is supposed to be stellar. i've grown a hybrid with her in it and it was great old school pot.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
S.A.G.E.

S.A.G.E.

Bought three fems in 2013. Popped one. Very vigorous. Cloned easily. Followed mom with two clones. Took mom at 13 weeks and clones at 10. Pretty happy with both. A notable difference but not striking. The ten week harvest from clone was very cerebral/clear-headed... great wake-n-bake. Long lasting, smoke all daylong without crashing kinda stuff. Functional and nice. The mother taken at 13 weeks definitely had a bit more body effect to it. But still without a real crash. Could smoke it during the day as well, just not be as productive. (Was actually nice for winding down while still being able to follow what they were saying on the news). But the ten week girls weren’t really something to end the night with. The tens also seemed to last longer in the effect department as well.

All had a lemony-sandalwood smell and taste - if that makes sense. I find my sense of smell often differs from others... so take that for what it’s worth.

Anyway, actually looking forward to finding out what I find with the other two beans...

And as a side note, I've read a lot of speculation as to S.A.G.E.'s father. Saw a clip on a vendor's site where a rep from TH (wasn't Adam) said that it's G-13. Big Sur Holy Weed x G-13. (?)

mojave, is that THseeds' SAGE & SOUR, or something else? Either way, fabulous flowers! :tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I like my SAGE cut:

picture.php

picture.php

It does not have the type of buzz that lays you out, but for the nice clean cerebral, and euphoric high that lasts a long time, it does the trick. If it was more potent, it would be perfect.

It would be easy to smoke a few hits, judge it harshly, and take some hits of something else, but this would be a mistake. Let the high blossom. It's best effect comes on about an hour after smoking.

ThaiBliss

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Just had my remaining two fems break ground - not bad considering they were bought in '13. Plan is to pick one, possibly use both, to chuck some pollen from BSHW, which I will be popping a pack of at the start of the new year.

I will share some pics in this thread as the S.A.G.E. fems progress.

Breadwizard

Shmavis,

What breeder did you get the BSHW through? Coastal?

I've got some BSHW and crosses like sage and zacatecas tribute in the seed vault, waiting to be all grown together and crossed for a BSHW based personal line to dig through, kinda sounds like what you've got planned.