What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your tips and secrets

nabzter

This is a crucial make or break point in producing a fine and satisfying product.

Please share your methods and tips,
Let's spread the knowledge and share the love !!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Good air flow around the buds with a long slow dry. Quick dry at first to take most of the moisture then slow and long.

mufinman

I have found that after hanging the just cut and rough trimmed branches/plants 10 days; final trim and put in closed brown paper bags for a while, (couplea weeks or more) before bottles. When kept in the bags, moisture content will stay consistent with ambient RH% and never get too dry. Burping and shaking each bag every few days is a good practice.. I keep 4-5 ozs in each grocery brown bag.

Hang dry, stick in jars with these Boveda packs. Done.

Easy and perfect cure, I spent years burping jars and paper bags before these.

Ratzilla

Veteran
Well to begin with
when you hear of 24-48 hour of darkness before the chop?
First let me say that I found that it did little except maybe stealing some lights on time.
it is suppose to build extra trichome.
But not for me.
I often think it has to do with the plant sending it exudes down to the roots during darkness and the roots sending nutrients ions back up into the plants at lights on.
This fact I think just got convoluted and turned into a period of darkness before the chop For the wrong reasons I opine.
My biggest fear problem is fruit rot ,"Botrytis" so lots of air movement is needed especially if growing dense colas.
Picking the right strain can take care of mold problems.
I am talking indoors now.
I also like to time the plants chop to its watering needs.
Again because of Botrytis I want my RH under50-55% and not watering right before ,a day or so, helps with moisture control.
I hang manicured plants for like 7-8 days in the dark because light will degrade the THC then cut the nugs off the stems and place in brown bags for another 4 days before jarring.
After jarring I make sure to burp the jars a few minutes each day for a weeks or so.

I mean I grow these giant donkey dicks of colas.
I have taken to topping my plants to help keep the colas more manageable again with fear of the mold that comes and makes buds crumble and un smoke able.
I bet you can tell that I lost a few plants to this horrible grey mold.
I live in a swamp. Even with AC the humidity is thick,
Ratz

nabzter

not only do they cure perfectly. They rehydrate your over dried flowers too. I did side by side burping and Boveda, I'll never burp again. I pick them up in the local hydro shops around here.

They come in various sizes (grams) and rh...what rh do you use ?

They come in various sizes (grams) and rh...what rh do you use ?

I use the 62rh and I've got the large and small ones. I keep small ones in my personal stuff and use the large ones for what goes to collectives. The larger they are the longer they last.

nabzter

I have ordered a 10 pack of the smalls. I'm looking forward to trying them. So would the 8g packs be sufficient per oz ? Or smaller quantities ?