What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lighting times

mrsc

Hi i was wondering what ppl thought about changing the lighting times on my flowering indica. They are on 12/12 now but i have read that in the final few wks you can increase the dark times to bring the budds on. What do ppl think of this should i just leave them to finish normally on 12/12 or change:)

jjs

Hi i was wondering what ppl thought about changing the lighting times on my flowering indica. They are on 12/12 now but i have read that in the final few wks you can increase the dark times to bring the budds on. What do ppl think of this should i just leave them to finish normally on 12/12 or change:)

Ive never heard of this method ,however the golden rule of 12/12 is just that, reducing hours would surely cause stress on the plant.

Better to be safe than sorry , my 2 cents anyway.

:tiphat:

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
Sativas do seem to respond to slightly longer night hours, try 11/13 for the last half or so of bloom. I have seen a few exceptions to this so YMMV.

mrsc

Thanks for the replies, i think we will just keep the girls on 12/12 we dont want to risk anything happening to this grow as our last 3 plants were a cock-up and produced no thc at all when as these are already producing lovely flowers which seem to be perfect this time

Zelindor

IN Theory, by gradually increase day length in the last week of flowering you could expect a little increase of your yield but il will take longer to ripen, If that's the night length you promote your buds will ripen quicker but less yield...

Choice belongs to you...

nickman

Veteran
u can also put ur girls in complete darkness for 48-72 hours if u'd like... that is the last 48-72 pre harvest...

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Increasing the length of the night cycle can cause your buds to get a little plumper and slightly more resinous, however some strains will start throwing nanners if you do this. The plant thinks it missed out on it's chance to make seeds so it starts freaking out and trying to pollinate itself and make some before winter hits. I have dropped the lights to 11/13 my last two cycles and it increased resin but I got nanners so it was not a great trade. If your girls are ripening fine under 12/12 I'd just leave it at that till they're done.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A 1 hour change in lighting will not cause your plant to hermie or all outdoor plants would throw nanners. Light duration constantly changes in nature.
If a 1 hour change caused your plants to hermie, it is in the genetics or another grower error occured.

Latest posts

Latest posts