What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Caution when using "Hot Shot No-Pest Strips."

gnarly

^I can clearly tell from that post youre just here to argue... Find something more constructive to do instead? :)

Didn't you just argue with atilla? The basis for discussion of controversial topics are arguments. I read your post and it clearly needed criticism. Many people are unaware of the importance of critical analysis of argument and are susceptible to invalid arguments such as your own. Be honest, you actually didn't reply because I am right in my demonstration of your argument being weak and irrational. And now others can see why.

Mr.Hades

Didn't you just argue with atilla? The basis for discussion of controversial topics are arguments. I read your post and it clearly needed criticism. Many people are unaware of the importance of critical analysis of argument and are susceptible to invalid arguments such as your own. Be honest, you actually didn't reply because I am right in my demonstration of your argument being weak and irrational. And now others can see why.

No, I argued with atilla awhile ago... So the word "just" could be taken out of your first sentence.

Your "arguement" is not valid.

"Be honest, you actually didn't reply because I am right in my demonstration of your argument being weak and irrational. And now others can see why."

^^And this is just hilarious in itself.... I have a life, I dont have time to argue with douches like you on the internet.

But since you realllly want me to respond, I will say this, again, and again... I am simply informing growers to use caution in what they are using in their homes and around people.

You think you are right, go ahead, but you most likely are far from being anywhere near the truth. Your links that you found on google are completely irrelevant to what this thread is about.

What youre trying to get across is that I am completely wrong and that you can ingest the active ingredient in these NPS with no ill effect.

Maybe if you would have read the whole thread, you would know that what you are talking about was already brought up and discussed and proved irrelevant because there are simply too many variables involved and many different studies that have taken place.

This thread is simply here to let people use caution and give them a heads up when using this commonly used pesticide application.

You had a post, and then edited your post and added your negative remarks and googled links after I responded to try to re-assure yourself that youre correct. Whatever makes you feel better buddy.

The simple fact is that you are a person that sits behind a computer with obviously nothing to contribute but negativity.

Have fun with that. :)

I just picked up 4 of these NPS and am going to use them in 3 night intervals in sealed rooms starting tomm night after I harvest 2 plants that are ready in my flowering room.

I have come to the conclusion that, everything is dangerous, some stuff more than others... Hell, I am a heavy equip. mechanic, and you should all see some of the MSDS sheets for such things as... gasoline, diesel fuel, mineral spirits, starting fluid, etc, etc etc... that I am exposed to everyday. These NPS are the least of my worries...

Remember we are exposed to more toxic things everyday than what these things contain, theres no real reason to freak out unless you in your grow room licking these things. The air we already breath, the water we drink, the nasty partially-synthetic processed foods we eat, the fucking dope we smoke... is all bad for us, the NPS alone are not going to be the do or die for us. There are far more things to worry about.

Another point, if these things are oh so dangerous, why in the hell would they just let damn near anyone walk into Wal-Mart and buy them? I don't underestimate the chemical and how it could be dangerous if used wrong continuously, but take the steps you need to use them right, use them only when needed, and grow some dank.

Mr.Hades

I just picked up 4 of these NPS and am going to use them in 3 night intervals in sealed rooms starting tomm night after I harvest 2 plants that are ready in my flowering room.

I have come to the conclusion that, everything is dangerous, some stuff more than others... Hell, I am a heavy equip. mechanic, and you should all see some of the MSDS sheets for such things as... gasoline, diesel fuel, mineral spirits, starting fluid, etc, etc etc... that I am exposed to everyday. These NPS are the least of my worries...

Remember we are exposed to more toxic things everyday than what these things contain, theres no real reason to freak out unless you in your grow room licking these things. The air we already breath, the water we drink, the nasty partially-synthetic processed foods we eat, the fucking dope we smoke... is all bad for us, the NPS alone are not going to be the do or die for us. There are far more things to worry about.

Another point, if these things are oh so dangerous, why in the hell would they just let damn near anyone walk into Wal-Mart and buy them? I don't underestimate the chemical and how it could be dangerous if used wrong continuously, but take the steps you need to use them right, use them only when needed, and grow some dank.

This is all common knowledge. You can buy all types of dangeous chemicals at everystore you come across.

You guys... I use them myself and have said this numerous times in the thread.

This is simply a thread to use caution on how to use them and when for people using them incorectly and for those that dont know what they are used for. Do I really have to keep saying this, Or will people actually read the thread? This is not a thread to discuss the effects of the active chemical.

EDIT: I just added that into the first post.

This is all common knowledge. You can buy all types of dangeous chemicals at everystore you come across.

You guys... I use them myself and have said this numerous times in the thread.

This is simply a thread to use caution on how to use them and when for people using them incorectly and for those that dont know what they are used for. Do I really have to keep saying this, Or will people actually read the thread? This is not a thread to discuss the effects of the active chemical.

EDIT: I just added that into the first post.

Exactly...

Mr.Hades

^^haha oops. I was blazed of some Afghooey when writing that... haha

What I meant to say was...

"This is simply a thread telling you to use caution while using them, for people using them incorrectly and for those who dont know what they are used for."

haha wow, That sentence does look funny.

gnarly

No, I argued with atilla awhile ago... So the word "just" could be taken out of your first sentence.

Your "arguement" is not valid.

How so? My argument is based on facts. Yours is based on ignorant skepticism. Even my argument to demonstrate your ignorant skepticism is based in the easily observed fact that you are lacking in any evidence to back up your claims. You're exaggerating and applying skepticism without any data or facts of your own, and in that you are fallacious and my identification of your fallacy is factual.

^^And this is just hilarious in itself.... I have a life, I dont have time to argue with douches like you on the internet.

And yet here you are, time and time again, making responses and claims with no evidence of your own. You reference data but exaggerate and falsely implicate its meanings. It is clear that not only are you lying in this statement (since this thread demonstrates how much time you actually do have to argue with people), but that you will use your 'absence' as an excuse to not provide evidence.

But since you realllly want me to respond, I will say this, again, and again... I am simply informing growers to use caution in what they are using in their homes and around people.

And that would make sense, except that you are exaggerating the implications of the known evidence of this chemical and apply undue skepticism on the research despite your lack of any other equivalent evidence or involvement in the science at all.

You think you are right, go ahead, but you most likely are far from being anywhere near the truth. Your links that you found on google are completely irrelevant to what this thread is about.
Prove it. You've done nothing but inject skepticism and exaggerate known facts. As a scientist, I often use MSDS for information about chemicals. You are now attempting to denounce the validity of an MSDS because it was found through google; demonstrating your ignorance to science/chemistry. Just so you know, pretty much every chemist and scientist on this planet uses Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to learn about known facts of chemicals. Knock it all you want but it is the truth and you're lacking in your own evidence; the only evidence you show is how unqualified you are to trust for observation or criticism in this subject.

What youre trying to get across is that I am completely wrong and that you can ingest the active ingredient in these NPS with no ill effect.

I did not say that at all. If you can quote me saying that, do so (you can't because I never said that). But you're actually now attempting another fallacy (Straw Man) where you misrepresent what I said. I am saying that what YOU are saying is not factual and should not be trusted. Please maintain a rational and critical argument with me. If you will continue to distort what I write, I will continue to demonstrate your fallacy and flaw to readers.

Maybe if you would have read the whole thread, you would know that what you are talking about was already brought up and discussed and proved irrelevant because there are simply too many variables involved and many different studies that have taken place.

I've seen a bunch of data and facts, and then I see a *lot* of injected skepticism and exaggeration that is not based on facts. I'm posting to make it clear that what you're saying is not factual and your skepticism is undue.

This thread is simply here to let people use caution and give them a heads up when using this commonly used pesticide application.

Yes, and I will not let bonghit prophecy arguments like yours fly without criticism. It is important for others to see that your questions and skepticism are not backed by evidence.

You had a post, and then edited your post and added your negative remarks and googled links after I responded to try to re-assure yourself that youre correct. Whatever makes you feel better buddy.

I edited 4 minutes before your initial reply. You will notice the edit was posted at 6:16 and your response at 6:20. Please don't misrepresent obvious facts like forum postings. Even in this you are false. And furthermore, what is wrong with providing more EVIDENCE? You've yet to provide any to demonstrate the extremity to which you exaggerate the topic.

The simple fact is that you are a person that sits behind a computer with obviously nothing to contribute but negativity.

Have fun with that. :)

The simple fact is that I have criticized and demonstrated your fallacies and misrepresentations of facts. And in a number of responses you've done nothing but dance around the topic like a politician and, even now, pull Ad Hominem fallacies to boot. Where is your evidence? Where is your research? You've shown nothing. Sure, you've called names and given vague non-factual responses. You've put words in my mouth that aren't true (which is funny because anyone reading this can see how your straw man failed).

I urge you to quit with the fallacies and non-factual skepticism and base your argument in truth. You are responsible for the claims you make and I expect you to prove them. After this many posts, I should assume that if you could have, you would have.

Ball is in your court. Dance more or put up some proof. I, too, am waiting for something substantial to convince me to get rid of this chemical.

Edit: By the way, I type about as fast as I can think or say something. So even though you may think this took me a long time (and then you attack me for being on the internet all day to type this crap), it really isn't true. I probably average between 80-100 words per minute. I spend more time in review than I do in typing.

Mr.Hades

I didnt even bother reading your response. Except for the last line because I figured I could find a conclusion somewhere in all of those "facts"...

I never said to get rid of the chemical, I said already that I use it myself. You are sorta ridiculous with your urge to be right... Its actually sort of hilarious.

You just seem like any other troll with an internet ego.

You are arguing for no reason, one, because I dont care about youre studies and "evidence". I am not a scientist, I saw people using these things on the internet and in person, like they were air fresheners. I just wanted to put a heads up that this is a pesticide and could possibly be harmful to your health. You must hate the surgeon general aswell. haha

I just dont have time to argue with you buddy.

So I put this to you in the most polite way possible...

Suck my balls. :)

gnarly

I didnt even bother reading your response. Except for the last line because I figured I could find a conclusion somewhere in all of those "facts"...

I never said to get rid of the chemical, I said already that I use it myself. You are sorta ridiculous with your urge to be right... Its actually sort of hilarious.

You just seem like any other troll with an internet ego.

You are arguing for no reason, one, because I dont care about youre studies and "evidence". I am not a scientist, I saw people using these things on the internet and in person, like they were air fresheners. I just wanted to put a heads up that this is a pesticide and could possibly be harmful to your health. You must hate the surgeon general aswell. haha

I just dont have time to argue with you buddy.

So I put this to you in the most polite way possible...

Suck my balls. :)

For a guy who isn't sitting around on the internet replying, you sure are quick to do so. In the past case and even in this case your reply comes so soon you have shown yourself to be a liar.

I just want to inform you that if you will not acknowledge fact and science, and will not even have an honest critical discussion, people will not take your posts seriously. This was the intent of all my posting because it is clear that people should not take your words seriously and that someone (I) should make clear and evident that what you are doing is wrong.

Quit if you like. Just know that you've definitely weakened your argument further in this action.

Suck my truth.

By the way, the burden of proof is on you for facts. You keep assuming I am on the NPS defense side. In actuality, I am on the 'criticize errneous and false arguments' side. The facts of the claims I have made are evident. The facts of the claims you have made are not. Read what I've been writing again with the knowledge that I'm not defending NPS, but rather picking apart your unfounded blather.

Mr.Hades

That was hilarious.

I just read your post out loud and tried to sound my best. Im sure you would have liked.

My friends and I got a good laugh out of it...

You are a funny troll.

gnarly

That was hilarious.

I just read your post out loud and tried to sound my best. Im sure you would have liked.

My friends and I got a good laugh out of it...

You are a funny troll.

And I'm laughing at how childish and ignorant you've shown yourself to be when discussing serious topics.

This is not an attack on your character, but rather advice, when I urge you to get an education in Critical Thinking. It will benefit you greatly when you involve yourself in rational arguments; the point being that you will maintain rationality and identify the irrational.

Good luck in the future.

Mr.Hades

"Edit: By the way, I type about as fast as I can think or say something. So even though you may think this took me a long time (and then you attack me for being on the internet all day to type this crap), it really isn't true. I probably average between 80-100 words per minute. I spend more time in review than I do in typing."

Wow, this is so hilarious. Youre really full of yourself huh? haha

Almost delirious and delusional in ways...

Why would you think I thought that took a long time to type, or was even thinking about that?
I dont care about your wpm. hahah WTF are you on guy?

gnarly

"Edit: By the way, I type about as fast as I can think or say something. So even though you may think this took me a long time (and then you attack me for being on the internet all day to type this crap), it really isn't true. I probably average between 80-100 words per minute. I spend more time in review than I do in typing."

Wow, this is so hilarious. Youre really full of yourself huh? haha

Almost delirious and delusional in ways...

Why would you think I thought that took a long time to type, or was even thinking about that?
I dont care about your wpm. hahah WTF are you on guy?

When you say things like this

(Despite this being an obvious lie, as you have plenty of time, just no time to get actual facts to back your claims)

You're implying that it takes too much time in your life to type out things on the internet. I want you to understand that even though my threads are long, they don't take much time. I'm just telling you a fact so you can cut your silly assumptions and know something about me.

If you would have spent ANY of the time you've spent, dancing around and avoiding responsibility for your claims , you might have actually convinced me of something. Instead you've danced and made fallacies to demonstrate how irrational and illogical your thinking and arguments are.

As I suggested, educated people will look at what you've written and discard it.

bfap3000

why don't the NPS kill the little black gnats? there's not a spider mite in sight but the little black gnats are everywhere. is there a spray that can kill them and not harm the plants? right now the plants are doing great, but those gnats are driving me batty!!

gnarly

why don't the NPS kill the little black gnats? there's not a spider mite in sight but the little black gnats are everywhere. is there a spray that can kill them and not harm the plants? right now the plants are doing great, but those gnats are driving me batty!!

you gotta use another thing for the fungus gnats. there is a bacterium that you can get and put in your feed.. you feed it like once and the fungus gnats will eat them and die.

H

Huntington

Using No Pest Strips to kill/control fungus gnats is total overkill and unnecessary.

xOOx

picture.php

wrong ;)

xoox