What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lights Regulary goes OFF in veg, how much stress?

Veggia farmer

Yep, Im at a moment where I have some other Electric "thing" thats uses shit loads of energy and goes on for a few minutes then off for a little time and then on again. The process of this thing to start up last for a couple of Seconds and after that everything works OK again/back to normal! These make the stereo goes out and have to be turned on again, light blinks a few seconds, and the vegging tent also sometimes get turned off and on again. MH 400w lamps if you disconnect and pull it straight in again, it need sometime to get going again, right? sooooo, my vegging plants got 20/4 light pluss some dark periods trough out the fucking day… These are going in to the Bloom room to day.. Should i give them a couple of days of regular veggin light or just og to 12/12 and cross fingers??? PS: for some reason the Bloom room is not so affected! only a few blinks and lights again, 2 secs blinks!

I remember from School that in greenhouses in Winter time they sometimes have short periods of light ON in the night to keep some plants in vegg...

Veggia farmer

LOL, maybe the plants only see the dark periods as clouds?! hehehe.. Thanks forward for Your thoughts and experienc!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
They wont notice that if the lights are off for a second or two but that can be bad for the lights..

Surely you can use another circuit from your fuse box to power the other super high draw thing you have running?

Its just too much load on that line by the sounds of it and might be dangerous.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I would troubleshoot the circuit. A black out is one thing, a brown out OTOH is quite problematic!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The plants are fine. Flowering is triggered in most genetics through the buildup of flowering hormone during the dark period. Brief periods of dark (less than the regular dark period anyway) will not trigger flowering.

Definitely move the light to a different circuit or shift some loads around if possible. :)

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Im sure the plants are doing better then your breaker box, I would get that fixed or moved to another breaker group.
What I have done is simply installed a 16A 3 phase group for my growroom, then seperated the grow from the rest of the house.

I think the 16A breaker was 5 or 6 $ at the hardware store, 5 min install and pulled a cable. Job done in a hour

Veggia farmer

I would troubleshoot the circuit. A black out is one thing, a brown out OTOH is quite problematic!

what do you mean With Brown out OTOH?

Well, its the Whole line too the property that is "overloaded" for a few Seconds for the "big" machine too turn on... Talk to some el People but I was actually almost laught at when started asking about this. Because I too know this is bad for light/ballast and a lots of other elproducts… The big machine is gone in a month or so....

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
what do you mean With Brown out OTOH?

Well, its the Whole line too the property that is "overloaded" for a few Seconds for the "big" machine too turn on... Talk to some el People but I was actually almost laught at when started asking about this. Because I too know this is bad for light/ballast and a lots of other elproducts… The big machine is gone in a month or so....
.... a black out power goes off. A brown out is what you are describing here, interrupted "black outs" not good for equipment, especially electronics.

Veggia farmer

The plants are fine. Flowering is triggered in most genetics through the buildup of flowering hormone during the dark period. Brief periods of dark (less than the regular dark period anyway) will not trigger flowering.

Definitely move the light to a different circuit or shift some loads around if possible. :)

They are for sure not triggered, since they have vegged like this since the beginning of june… Im more stressed if they are going to throw some balls at me...

Latest posts

Latest posts