What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hashishh' GDP by The Native Seed Co. Comments welcome!

Hashishh

I'm glad I am growing indoors. I remember aphids amongst other pests when I was doing Bonsai. I even kept my tropicals indoors as, what little sun they would get, would not outweigh the pest damage.

Darn tell me about it. We moved from Ontario Canada to Southern Alberta Canada, and I don't know if it's all the agriculture or climate out here but it seems pests are rampant. Mostly aphids and mites.

This is indoors in a sealed climate.

It actually seems we've got leak in the ducting somewhere as I looked at the glass on my light and there's dirt debris everywhere on it and a good sized winged bug. I'll snap a pic of it tomorrow or tonight whenever my phone charges enough for pics. Looks like an aphid/gnat. But has rings on its ass end like a wasp. Doesn't seem like a pest, though. Anyways just about to mix the neem and spray everything down.

Hashishh

So sprayed with neem last night. Going into flower in a few days. Will keep spraying until the first week of flower or so. Just before buds start to form.

This is how we're sitting as of a couple days ago. A little droopy today from the neem spray yesterday but otherwise healthy. Began pruning some fan leaves under the canopy that were turning yellow and not getting enough light. Another 3 weeks or so till I get the seed stock started for next batch.

picture.php

Hashishh

Hope she recovers good buddy, she looks eatable :)

Thanks dude. She's recovering pretty good. A couple shoots are still droopy but I went pretty hard on the spray with neem. My darn spray bottle doesn't spray fine enough. Going to look at one of those fine mist pump ones. We use them at work all the time I'll ask my boss where he gets them.

Did the flip to 12/12. Running out of time for my apartment inspection. Gonna be tight but I'll pull it off. Just barely I think. Gave them 24hrs dark before the flip. Would have liked another 2-3 weeks veg but I'll have the tent stacked next run. Going to pop the seeds half way through flower and grow them on the windowsill the first 2-3 weeks.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Thanks dude. She's recovering pretty good. A couple shoots are still droopy but I went pretty hard on the spray with neem. My darn spray bottle doesn't spray fine enough. Going to look at one of those fine mist pump ones. We use them at work all the time I'll ask my boss where he gets them.

Did the flip to 12/12. Running out of time for my apartment inspection. Gonna be tight but I'll pull it off. Just barely I think. Gave them 24hrs dark before the flip. Would have liked another 2-3 weeks veg but I'll have the tent stacked next run. Going to pop the seeds half way through flower and grow them on the windowsill the first 2-3 weeks.

Ended up triggering flower on Monday. Has really grown since then.

View Image
Good to hear :) Looking good :dance013:

Hashishh

Good to hear :) Looking good :dance013:

Thanks Switcher, now for me to just stand back and watch.

This is what I've got for seed stock next run. Not sure what I want to start. I need something for sleep and something that helps with pain but is functional during the day.

I'm thinking 4 NorthernBerry and 3 of Sweet Skunk and 3 Sweet Skunk x C99. Should give me at least 3 females. One of each. Hoping for 4 though.

picture.php

Hashishh

Should I step up and go to 400w? I'm running 250w right now, but I'm keeping it close. Wondering if the extra penetration would be worth it or if it's a waste of energy.

I notice it isn't maturing near the bottom much, though it is only on its first week of flowering.

Tomorrow will be the first feed with bloom nutrients.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
The 400W or better is what you want good buddy. Recommended sizes are as follows: disclaimer ~(these are minimal reqt's)

• 250W 3X3
  • 400W 4X4
  • 600W 5X5
  • 1000W 6X6
  • 1500W 8X8
I don't remember where I found the info but, it is a good guide line for folks. Most places where they sell lights will provide a recommended foot print.

I use a PAR meter to set up my lights. A lot of folks don't like the expense. Well, it pays for itself during the 1st run if you have done everything right. (yield) I would also install the light lengthwise with the 4 foot dimension. Recommended PAR values:

• cuttings, seedlings - 60-90 umol
  • clones - 100-200 umol
  • veg - 300-425 umol; and
  • flower - 700-1200 umol

Hashishh

The 400W or better is what you want good buddy. Recommended sizes are as follows: disclaimer ~(these are minimal reqt's)

• 250W 3X3
  • 400W 4X4
  • 600W 5X5
  • 1000W 6X6
  • 1500W 8X8
I don't remember where I found the info but, it is a good guide line for folks. Most places where they sell lights will provide a recommended foot print.

I use a PAR meter to set up my lights. A lot of folks don't like the expense. Well, it pays for itself during the 1st run if you have done everything right. (yield) I would also install the light lengthwise with the 4 foot dimension. Recommended PAR values:

• cuttings, seedlings - 60-90 umol
  • clones - 100-200 umol
  • veg - 300-425 umol; and
  • flower - 700-1200 umol

Cheers dude! I'll look into getting a PAR meter. I'll boost it to 400w when I get home and keep an eye on the temps.

picture.php

picture.php

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Lacking a PAR meter I would set the distance 1.5 times higher than what they were under the 250W. e.g if at 12" set at 18" in the beginning and see how they react. You want maximum value, without cooking your plants. If you have a veg and flower switch, I would leave the flower switch off for the 1st 24 hrs. It isn't going to hurt :)

Hashishh

Lacking a PAR meter I would set the distance 1.5 times higher than what they were under the 250W. e.g if at 12" set at 18" in the beginning and see how they react. You want maximum value, without cooking your plants. If you have a veg and flower switch, I would leave the flower switch off for the 1st 24 hrs. It isn't going to hurt :)

I upped it to 400w and left it at the same distance (9" from the hood, 12" from the bulb) and keeping a good eye on them. My temps are really cold in the tent so the 400w is actually sorting that out for me. They're finally "praying to the ganja God's" as some people say.

Heres day 10 of 12/12.

picture.php

Hashishh

HELP!

My feminized GDP is actually a male. Nothin but dick n' balls under that kilt I tell yeah.

picture.php

picture.php

So I'm gonna scrap the whole thing, since those GC are pretty shit looking.

This is what I've got for genetics. Peak and Jordan, tried and true. Proven over and over again.

What should I grow out? Looking for 4-6 females and I need something good for bed and a bit of something for the day.

Thinking 4 Northern Berry, 3 Sweet Skunk x C99 and 3 Kush Skunk maybe?.. Hmm would love anyone else thoughts on any of this!

Latest posts

Latest posts