What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 IC 420 Cup Winners!

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
lmfao at damp cellar grow... I prefer it to that calpol ting anyway ;)

Last edited:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Where can we see the full scores, who voted what ?

Why was only half 2 of my entries shared out and where are they now ?

Eugen

Mentor
Veteran
Where can we see the full scores, who voted what ?

I don't know why it is not working like last year. When clicking on a member on the voting tool than I get shown an SQL error. I am pretty sure that they will fix it during the next days?

all the best and puff puff pass

Big congrats 2 all of the winners! and a big thanks 2 all the growers and judges and everyone that has helpt made this possible!
we had lots of fun can't wait till next year!

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I don't know why it is not working like last year. When clicking on a member on the voting tool than I get shown an SQL error. I am pretty sure that they will fix it during the next days?

all the best and puff puff pass

The link is now working fine, you can click on each entry andd see who voted on it and what they gave it, really nice to see the comments, I am sorry I did not have time to put mine in, I really appreciated reading the comments on mine, helpful, handy and illuminating.

You can clearly see that one group of people were voting up their own entries, and those of their friends, and also downvoting rivals, it is there in black an white.

meltybubble

I was stuck for time with no link and was unable to place comments.
Amazed by some of the entries this year, congrats to all who placed.

:tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
only just got back yesterday, was really nice to see everyone, had a great time. many thanks to all who participated to make it work and of course congrats to the winners.

i don't know how people were able to vote for their own entries, as far as i know the voting module automatically chucks your vote if you vote for your own entry. i thought that rule was always the same, but seems like some thing was changed in the programing that allowed self voting this year.

TDK

Veteran
i don't know how people were able to vote for their own entries, as far as i know the voting module automatically chucks your vote if you vote for your own entry. i thought that rule was always the same, but seems like some thing was changed in the programing that allowed self voting this year.

yeah, seems that they have made some changes...
Looks like i am more black than white:biggrin:
In few things i am not "In" but ok^^ that´s life

It is good to be a part of the cup...

regards

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
There was a change in the software that stopped it... I know this as I tried to... I had people around me when I found my Underdawg entry, so filled in the form like normal, but left a clue for myself "looks familiar" so i wouldnt put the 8,8,6,8, score I gave myself in... it rejected it

But we can all clearly see "winners" and their sidekicks filling in 10,10,10,10,10 on their own and friends entries as well as downvoting rivals and nothing being done or said, publicly

TDK

Veteran
There was a change in the software that stopped it... I know this as I tried to... I had people around me when I found my Underdawg entry, so filled in the form like normal, but left a clue for myself "looks familiar" so i wouldnt put the 8,8,6,8, score I gave myself in... it rejected it

But we can all clearly see "winners" and their sidekicks filling in 10,10,10,10,10 on their own and friends entries as well as downvoting rivals and nothing being done or said, publicly

:thank you: yes atm you and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]gaiusmarius write already [/FONT]

going now to harvest some haze´s and check few plantz..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It was great to be able to come back this year to the competition that I originally created many years ago and see so many good growers and breeders about excited to be a part of the ICMAG 4/20 Growers and Breeders Cup...

Seems like OP and Mack10 managed to pull it off with a bit of help from many others again this year, many thanks to all who attended and made it all a fun experience...

Congratulations to all those who won something this year, and even if your entry didn't place, thanks for making the effort.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it was really nice to see you a free man once again Gypsy. was really nice chatting with you.

OP and mac had a very busy time of it, it's never easy and my hats off to them for all the work they did to let the rest of us have the party we did. in fact as every year, it's a collective effort by quite a number of members that makes it all work.

i had the most relaxed cup since 5 years lmao.

as far as the voting goes, if as CC just posted, there was no change to the programming, then the person entering the names of who entered must have spelled the name of the entering person differently then their ic handle. so the program didnt recognize the fact that it was the same entity.

the thing is, i see no rules being posted up forbidding it this year. i know we forbid self voting the last few times when i was doing it. but i posted that up so it was clear to all. this year that wasn't actually specified. so yeah, we have an interesting situation.

for sure next year there will be no self voting allowed. saddens me when folks are so desperate to win that they use such tactics.

we live and learn eh?

many thanks to STRANDvasker for pre paying the cups again this year, we really have to find a way that we don't need him to do that, alot to expect in the end.

besthaze

Thx u all 4 the votes!

I'm really happy u appreciate my works, buddy!!!

PS:pLEASE correct the name of the grower for my NEXT LEVEL !!!
It's write by Big Haze but it's from my hands...so please correct it writing besthaze !!!

L

Luckypunch

:tiphat:congratz to all growers ,doesnt matter which place
most important thing is to be part of it

:ying:

amc98

Hi all,

I was a bit concerned about the auto-voting issue, so I spoke with some of the guys and they told me that they were voting their own entries, so I did the same. It was something that wasn't clear to me, but of course I tried not to overrate our entry.

We'd also prefer no auto-voting next year. ;)

Congrats and thanks to everyone involved on making this event happen, see you next year!

p.d. I've re-read gaius post and everything makes sense now.

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello fellows,
back home yesterday and already back to normal life hassles.
it was a great event, an amazing cup and had great time with all the old crew and new faces.
it was amazing to talk again to friends, I know I missed so many important to talk with except a few words, but this year was a bit quicker for me, but it was an honor to take part.

I want to thank all the people who made this event possible and made it real.
during the cup you can really feel into a dream, to play as a kid with new toys, it's the closest thing to the christmas joy I felt when young. this is amazing!

first of all I would like to thank our president Gypsy, really a pleasure to meet you in person and share a smoke with you, tnx for let icmag becoming what it is. be proud! good to see you free, in shape and smiling! ;)

tnx to Oldpink and Mack, who could stand the diffcult task to sobstitute Gaius this year. it is really difficult to take the legacy of such a perfect organizer as you are, Big G, especially for just 2 people alone. everything went smooth and worked at the end! big up guys!

tnx to all who entered, i know this is the fruit of such a long work and risk from seed/clone to judge bags. this must be taken always in account, especially thinking it is the best, given out for free, for spirit of competiton and fun. this cup cannot be the same without any of you. the standard this year was really high in all categories. better than other past.
all of them surely would deserve a proper judging as first of the morning, but you know as cups works... amazing quality and nice to see its improvement during years.

tnx to all who attended and judged. some delay let us such small time to judge as example hash cat, but it was amazing as every other year.
tnx for all nice smoke and time spent together! i already miss you one by one

special tnx to all people I met, spoke and smoked with.
it was nice to share and have feedbacks from old and new friends on new varieties and experiments.
it was super nice to party at the boat, enjoying food, drinks, smoke and real laugh as old times till dawn. the magic friendship in these nights is alone worth the trip.

on a side note, it is a bit sad to hear about the hypotesis of suspicious activity during voting. this can lead to rise suspects on the fairness and correctivity of the cup.
sad to hear this.
as far as my opinion, this year rules and software were the same to me.
i had no different attitude or changed a cent in my judging.
as all years attending the cup from 2010, I voted for my entries, as always.
and always, knowing exactly what they were and how they were according to my tastes, I scored very high votes, sometimes 10,10,10. I entry what is my best and consider best, what is the problem?

this year the difference with last times, was that my vote was counted in as a everyone's.
last years it was automatically discarded during the final count.
you cannot vote for yourself is a rule that was known from always.
IMO i expected it to be picked out by the system, as last years was.

if this helps to solve someone's doubts that may arise and give a shady appeareance to the cup and the value of its prizes, I would be happy to re-put all the trophies back to the table and do the math again. but if you do it, yet you will notice that still the situation and ranks remain unchanged.

for sure some improvements to the system can be made, like the possibility to edit your vote, until you send them in all at once at the end.
this is precious when in the last rush with all the computer problems that may arise during the procedure and giving the possibility to write complete comments, when fighting against time to finish the work.
I am sorry that the comment part was poor from me, I preferred filling in all the numbers, and finished 10 min after the deadline also.
i would really appreciate to make a complete shraing of my score sheets to put all my notes that stand behind the numbers I gave.

I also propose for next year a sort of a draft, a plan for quality control, to standardize the judging and giving a rough rules to answer specific standars to drive numbers.
there is a big difference in scores among the judges, some guidelines could improve the trasparency and balancing of the voting if needed.

i has been an honor and a priviledge, besides than a immense pleasure to be part of it, and here, available to answer any question or doubts.
tnk you all guys
Dr.P

TommyT

ICMag Donor
Cup 2016

Cup 2016

Congratulations to all the winners!
And a big thank for the organisation!!!

Arancia and Starbud Sister where my favorites...
London City Diesel was also great! (...and many others too!)
And the hash was a class of it's own! ( Not all, but most )
Very high quality entries this year! Congrats to the growers who made perfekt products ( Most of them...)

But 2 things left: 1. I was not able to test the cupwinner supersonic because i didn't received the late entry...that was all a bit chaos with the late entrys and judge packs...
The most asked question was: Do anybody know where mack is?
2. when you take a look to the scores it seems like there are some people who judged to score and not to judge...That is pretty bad and sad!

But overall it was a real nice competition! And i can't wait for next year doing this again!:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts