Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Storage of Shatter-Wax-Oil etc

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Are You Interested In Storing Concentrates For 1 Or More Years If You Could Do So?
Yes! 43 58.90%
No! 10 13.70%
Just Show Me The Results! 20 27.40%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Storage of Shatter-Wax-Oil etc Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 08:22 AM #31
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
doing pictorial now. will show you bubbling unpurged shatter get turned to budder then get turned to oil.

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte
Hash Zeppelin is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 08:26 AM #32
midwestHIGHS

midwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nice
Actually the fellow was calling it wax, because it was opaque buddery waxy texture full of moisture and butane, it was not a clear shatter. Blasting into water insures a waxy consistency.

Shatter is just a term that most understand as translucent, clear solvent extracted cannabis oil that is firm and brittle. I figured most would understand that, as it is quite common term for this texture and would be shorter than saying translucent butane extracted cannabis oil with cannabinoids in their carboxylic acid form.

Oh I read your posts and my reply to your decarboxylation creating an "almost pure" still stands it doesn't create a more pure product than it was originally. I follow the graph provided by jump and grey wolf along with the co2 and h2o bubbles that form during decarboxylation. Decarboxylating at anything less than 250f is a waste of time.
I don't seem to have mixed up anything, you claimed shatter what most know as a clear translucent brittle solvent extracted oil as under purged or full of solvent and that wax/budder is fully purged or properly made.

I would also like to add that I have made very tasty stinky wax, I still prefer to only consume absolute shatters, single solvent extracts that have waxed up reek havoc on my lungs making it feel like they are coated in glue.
midwestHIGHS is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 AM #33
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Hash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond reputeHash Zeppelin has a reputation beyond repute
https://delta9technologies.com/cannab.../cannabinoids/

here is a link that explains some things about cannabinoids but I dont think it gets into what each compound degrades into fully.

Quote:
"I know no safe depositary of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power." -Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
"Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people." -Carl Sagan
Quote:
"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 04-06-2013, 08:50 AM #34
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestHIGHS View Post
Actually the fellow was calling it wax, because it was opaque buddery waxy texture full of moisture and butane, it was not a clear shatter. Blasting into water insures a waxy consistency.

Shatter is just a term that most understand as translucent, clear solvent extracted cannabis oil that is firm and brittle. I figured most would understand that, as it is quite common term for this texture and would be shorter than saying translucent butane extracted cannabis oil with cannabinoids in their carboxylic acid form.

Oh I read your posts and my reply to your decarboxylation creating an "almost pure" still stands it doesn't create a more pure product than it was originally. I follow the graph provided by jump and grey wolf along with the co2 and h2o bubbles that form during decarboxylation. Decarboxylating at anything less than 250f is a waste of time.
I don't seem to have mixed up anything, you claimed shatter what most know as a clear translucent brittle solvent extracted oil as under purged or full of solvent and that wax/budder is fully purged or properly made.

I would also like to add that I have made very tasty stinky wax, I still prefer to only consume absolute shatters, single solvent extracts that have waxed up reek havoc on my lungs making it feel like they are coated in glue.
lol. I take it back your not an ass hole or anything, you just dont pick up on things in reading. Perhaps my terminology is not matching yours. I am doing a pictorial because I figure that will explain things better. you maybe reading my post, but you are not reading them well.

again. I never claimed all budder is fully purged. I said if done right you can fully purge it. I will show you the difference momentarily. It will not make you cough. It is very very smooth.

again. 99 percent of the time when people hand me clear shatter I put it back on heat and it clearly needs more purging.

again. It is done Decarboxylating after a short period of time. you dont need it at 250 after that. turn it down and you will slowly activate the cannabinoids and not degrade your oil in the process.

Again, 5-15 percent waxes is ALMOST PURE. The best bubble hash has a lot more waxes.

Also I did not say stinky, I said sticky. If it is sticky at room temp, you are doing it wrong. You may have read my friends graywolf's threads, it doesn't mean you are doing it right. I have read the same thread, multiple times. he is doing it right. his shatter and oils are not sticky, unless it is his winterzed oil, that is sticky because all waxes are removed as you suggested. I have some of his winterized oil right now. In fact I'm gonna go smoke it. while i make this pictorial for yall.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited by Hash Zeppelin; 04-06-2013 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 AM #35
midwestHIGHS

midwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nicemidwestHIGHS is just really nice
If you extract from old partially decarboxylated material your extract will never harden up, so simply stating it was not done properly because of it being sticky is incorrect.

My absolute amber made from recently dried material produces a rock hard absolute that does not bend or pull only shatters with zero stickiness, same goes for my raw bho made from fresh material. I have to heat my dabber up to even get a dab to stick.

I said stinky because it stinks or in other words has a strong smell, I did not mean sticky.

I assure you I'm doing it right, thanks to fellow gw, jump and a organic chemist, along with years of hands on experience and experimenting.
midwestHIGHS is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:45 AM #36
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

^you are doing very right. I was not arguing that, I was just saying out here there is a lot of people that read that thread and dont do it right. here is my pictorial and logic explained as requested.

After this the question becomes how long can you store them and how will they degrade in comparison to hash?

Ok so this is what I see like 90 percent of the time. it is this kinda opaque oil and it shatters. It is very bad and not purged though. Strain is cookies. super nice guy made it, but he needs some practice.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 04-06-2013, 09:47 AM #37
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Here is budder. you can see in the upper right corner a piece that is darker and shiny. It is not purged right. The other stuff is purged just right. Literally 10 less seconds on heat and would not be properly purged, 10 more seconds on heat and it would have started to go to the oil state. In full oil state which is what we can refer to as shatter as long as you know that is real shatter and what I started with in the first picture is not real shatter just because it shatters.

here is finishing the purging process

[/url]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 04-06-2013, 09:49 AM #38
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

Here is is all done. this is true shatter form. When people hand me shatter it is this about 1 percent of the time.

Also where you are i am sure it shatters all the time. I live in the desert and so some times it is to warm for my shatter to shatter for me. most of the time is a bit softer. but if it gets down to about 75 degrees it shatters.

Here is winterized. not graywolf's though, but his buddies using his technique. I ran out of his stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM #39
Kush Technician

Kush Technician will become famous soon enough
weird I believe that fully purged BHO is indeed not sticky. This is what some refer to as "stable". I don't know why the pure oil would be liquid, but I bet if you left our your liquidy oil it would eventually harden, but you probably haven't ever let any dry out enough, what with producing ounces of if every week... Try not making such big batches and you wouldn't end up with watery oil.

So to recap, shatter, aka butane-free extract, should be solid and not sticky. If you leave it to dry in a thin enough layer, vacuuming and heat are not even needed, although I employ both because I don't want to leave it in the pan for a month, and because I don't have any spare sliding glass doors handy. In this form, the hash should be able to store well for over a year with little to no degradation, in my experience.
Kush Technician is offline Quote

Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM #40
Hash Zeppelin
Ski Bum Rodeo Clown

so how long does this stuff store in comparison to hash? I would think removing the plant matter would prevent a lot of things that would lessen quality over time.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
-Napoleon Bonaparte