What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I'm thankful 2020 is almost over..

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I'm thankful that 2020 is almost over.
It's been a helluva year for my family and the virus and election paranoia was the least of it.

Just in this year- We didn't see our friend for 3 days and we found him laying in the floor, barely alive. He had a stroke. He woke up and could understand us but couldn't talk or move anything other than one arm. He made the conscious decision to be taken off the feeding tube. He could breath...so basically he was going to starve to death. Luckily for him, he fell asleep after 4 days. I went everyday and kept avoiding saying goodbye. Then I had to sneak into the hospital to say goodbye on the first day that the hospital shutdown for the virus and he died a few hours after I left. To make it worse we couldn't find his will and had to give everything to his estranged bitch ass daughter. Just like he was worried would happen.

We didn't have running water for three weeks, I couldn't park in my own driveway because I had to dig it up (three times) to get to the plumbing, then had to replace every piece of plumbing indoors along with the pump, pressure tank and water heater.

I cut my finger almost off cutting limbs in my yard. It cut so deep that it hit and broke my finger bone had 12 stitches lost most feeling in it.

I had major kidney stones since February and then had to have stone removal surgery, had a stint inserted in my penis all the way to my kidney then ripped out a week later. The removal day was the only day I've been drunk in years. And I was fucking plastered!

my father-in-law called from the hospital to say he had a heart attack, later we find out he had 9 heart attacks and didn't go to hospital or tell anyone.

Then my mother had a heart attack and a stint installed.

My grandfather accidentally overdosed himself on his blood thinner, and fainted and fractured his c7 vertebrae in his neck. He had internal bleeding on his brain. He miraculously was able to leave the hospital, but when I brought him home from the hospital he had a stroke. The doctor didn't believe anything was wrong. I kept telling her that he couldn't operate the remote control anymore and he could read the clock. Bitch doc said to get a new remote and a bigger clock. Finally a catscan confirmed he had a stroke, but by this time he was coming out of the fog.
Grandma is starting to lose her mind. The stress of everything played a roll but Her brother died of alzheimers a couple years back, so that's on our mind.
I had to take off work to take care of him when he came home but later had to quit my job when it looked like there was no other option to take care of him and grandma.

My dad, mother-in-law, and stepdad also all had heart issues and 2 needed to be catheterized, and one had a stint installed.

My wife had major oral surgery, pulled teeth, bone grafts, and filed her teeth down for 4 hours. She couldn't eat solids for a month and a half.
Because I'm no longer running around the job site and instead sitting around my home I gained a bunch of weight. Quitting cigarettes made me swell up too.
We are ready for it to end.

But I gotta at least try to look at this shit on the bright side

We lost a friend, but gained a new family member- his 14 year old dog. His only family gave me his tools so the bitch daughter wouldn't pawn it for drugs. Whenever I can start working again, I have my own tools, if that's what I want to do.

After all the plumbing problems at least everything is now brand spanking new.

The positive that came out of the kidney stones was I now have a different definition and perspective of pain. I don't feel pain like I used to. That shit taught me what pain really was. For instance, when I cut my finger it never once hurt. Not even the next day after the adrenaline had worn off.

All of my family's health problems have caused us to come closer together. Grandpa is getting better. He can walk around with his walker just like he did before he broke his neck. He fell again the other day, but he tripped not passed out.

I had to quit my job, but at least I get to spend this remaining time with them. And any free time I do have away from my grandparents, I get to spend in my garden. I'm going to try to sell live Kratom plants, and I've expanded my grow to step up my game. Governor says he's gonna legalize it soon.

I quit smoking cigarettes and I'm working on stoping the nicotine vapes. And I started thinking about working on my own weight and health.

My plants take my mind off of shit and occupy my time, but my wife and dogs and cats are what drives me. My lil family is everything.

Hopefully 2021 turns around a bit

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I'm thankful that 2020 is almost over.
It's been a helluva year for my family and the virus and election paranoia was the least of it.

Just in this year- We didn't see our friend for 3 days and we found him laying in the floor, barely alive. He had a stroke. He woke up and could understand us but couldn't talk or move anything other than one arm. I had to sneak into the hospital to say goodbye on the first day the hospital shutdown for the virus and he died an hour later. To make it worse we couldn't find his will and had to give everything to his estranged bitch ass daughter. Just like he was worried would happen.

We didn't have running water for three weeks, I couldn't park in my own driveway because I had to dig it up (three times) to get to the plumbing, then had to replace every piece of plumbing indoors along with the pump, pressure tank and water heater.

I cut my finger almost off cutting limbs in my yard. It cut so deep that it hit and broke my finger bone had 12 stitches lost most feeling in it
I had major kidney stones since February and then had to have stone removal surgery, had a stint inserted in my penis all the way to my kidney then ripped out a week later.
my father-in-law called from the hospital to say he had a heart attack, later we find out he had 9 heart attacks and didn't go to hospital or tell anyone.
Then my mother had a heart attack and a stint installed.
My grandfather accidentally overdosed himself on his blood thinner, and fainted and fractured his c7 vertebrae in his neck. He had internal bleeding on his brain. He miraculously was able to leave the hospital, but when I brought him home from the hospital he had a stroke.
Grandma is starting to lose her mind. Her brother died of alzheimers.
I had to quit my job to take care of him and grandma.

My dad, mother-in-law, and stepdad also all had heart issues and 2 needed to be catheterized, and one had a stint installed.

My wife had major oral surgery, pulled teeth, bone grafts, and filed her teeth down for 4 hours. She couldn't eat solids for a month and a half.
Because I'm no longer running around the job site and instead sitting around my home I gained a bunch of weight. Quitting cigarettes made me swell up too.
We are ready for it to end.

But I gotta at least try to look at this shit on the bright side

We lost a friend, but gained a new family member- his 14 year old dog. His only family gave me his tools so the bitch wouldn't pawn it for drugs. Whenever I can start working again, I have my own tools.

After all the plumbing problems at least everything is now brand spanking new.

The positive that came out of the kidney stones was I now have a different definition and perspective of pain. I don't feel pain like I used to. That shit taught me what pain really was. For instance, when I cut my finger it never once hurt. Not even the next day after the adrenaline had worn off.
All of my family's health problems have caused us to come closer together.
I had to quit my job, but at least I get to spend this remaining time with them. And any free time I do have away from my grandparents, I get to spend in my garden.
I quit smoking cigarettes and I'm working on stoping the nicotine vapes. And I started thinking about working on my own weight and health.
Hopefully 2021 turns around a bit
Wow! This ones for you dude... :smoke: :angelshug:

hayday

Veteran
Hey CannaRed, It's really great to see you taking on a positive outlook. Here's to a better year ahead:good:
2020 has been a bumpy ride for sure.Know you're not alone in this.

G

Yeah, but did anything significant happen in your year?? <just kidding>

Sounds like you had enough stuff go on, red, that anything after this ought to be a piece of cake.

Or, as 'we' once said when everything was going to shit simultaneously, "If you're going to have bad luck, have it all at once, and get it out of the way. Then it's all gravy."

But yeah, often times, the balance in it can come through; everything positive has a down-side, and everything negative likely has at least one up-side.

Cvh

Supermod
The sun is just behind the clouds. One day all these thunderstorms will pass and the sun can shine on us all again.

Take care my friend, just hold on.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
2021 has got to be better, hang in there CannaRed, you're a good person. :good:

picture.php

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Chin-Up mate - could always be worse - and next year could be much better - <hoping-wishing>

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
- Chin-Up mate - could always be worse - and next year could be much better - <hoping-wishing>

That's what I keep telling myself.
It could be so much worse.
What if we didn't go check on my buddy and both him and the dog died in there hungry, scared, confused, and alone.

I could have actually cut my finger off.

Every one of my familys health problems including my own could have been death problems instead.

I could have had to pay big money to a plumber, but was able to tackle it myself and neighbors.

I could have turned back to opiates to numb the pain. (I know alot of y'all are saying "what about the Kratom?", But trust me, anybody that has done both will tell you that it's like the difference between caffeine and meth. They aren't even on the same level)

I could be doing so much worse. I'm thankful I have what I have.

I'm sorry to complain guys. I wasn't looking for sympathy as much as I just needed to let it all out. I don't do that enough, and it fucks me, when it catches me.

Veggia farmer

Sometimes its important to purge it all out before something "new" comes inn again:) Good job!:)

Some shit suck, some stuff can always be worse. Many good outcomes too, like the family got closer:)

Take care of the stuff that gives you good returns in life. Like the garden I would guess.

Opiates are lame stick to herb, many reasons for that, it just is cooler ;)

Have been some trouble here too soo, we all got our luggage. Stress down is number one. Sleep. Health. Getting in shape is good for all this. Release more dopamins too!

Smoke a fat one, hit the floor and pull it all up! Or ride like uncle maybe...

And yeah, adaptogens and herb like ashwagandha can help too.

Good luck mate! All love