What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Muscle Rigidity-Muscle Tension

Veggia farmer

Good evening,

I wanted to know if anyone have experience on using cannabis directly because of muscle rigidity- muscle tension?

If so, what are your recommended way of using cannabis for this? Including all kinds of preperations.

Grow: strains, curing, maturity of the plant and prepartion flowers, resin etc.

Product consuming: Smoke, edibles, vape etc.

I usually smoke Indica flowers. I often like them very ripe too. 10-12-14weeks.. But I havent been using directly or because of this before.

I often get swollen and thick/hard under arms. Very tens. When it first happens it can hold pretty thight for a long time. Atleast days... weeks maybe?

I also think this is some of the reason why I have more then doubled the size of the tendon one spot in my thumb. Tendonitis there too.

Later.. I will lay here baking in the meantime..

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I suffer from various ailments – osteoarthritic related. Not necessarily applicable, but I do find that if I can totally relax my body, it reduces lower back pain, shoulder pain, neck tension etc. Any good Indica will work but my go to strain is Pink Kush. Smoked or vaped or homemade PK bubble, it works (for me) better than any other. I have purchased PK bud from several Canadian legal producers and I have grown my own. Both worked but mine tasted better. :D I just ordered some of Charles Scott’s Ultimate PK S1 seeds from SeedBay to give it a try as well.

To relax, I lay down on my favorite couch and I do a bit of my own homespun meditation. I concentrate on my body and shift every limb etc until nothing is uncomfortable or hurts because of body position. Then I exhale slowly and deeply pushing the feeling down to my lower back. In 5 minutes, I am always totally relaxed. In 10 minutes, I am usually dozing.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Weed can help with muscle tension, but works a hell of a lot better combined with diazepam.

G

Good evening,

I wanted to know if anyone have experience on using cannabis directly because of muscle rigidity- muscle tension?

If so, what are your recommended way of using cannabis for this? Including all kinds of preperations.

I usually smoke Indica flowers. I often like them very ripe too. 10-12-14weeks.. But I havent been using directly or because of this before.

I often get swollen and thick/hard under arms. Very tens. When it first happens it can hold pretty thight for a long time. Atleast days... weeks maybe?

I also think this is some of the reason why I have more then doubled the size of the tendon one spot in my thumb. Tendonitis there too.

Does this tension sometimes move to other parts of your body? If this happens, is the tension relieved in your armpits?

Veggia farmer

tobedetermined: Good something works for you. I find concentrating on my body in a similiar way helps, to a certain degree.

Mr.brunch: I have never tried diazepam. Maybe I should ask the doc. Will look into it. I would want an "organic" approach, but hell, everything that works is usefull sometimes. I have mostl ikely ADHD, and after talking to my sister who got it I/we have noticed that does medications helps. She a lot, and me a little help. I have never taking them regurly since I dont have the diagnois, yet...

Magoluci: I have sometimes tension in my legs. But most in arms. Start right over the elbow and to the finger tips. With a peak in the widest point in the arme under elbow. I just noticed now I have lost in translation. When I meant underarm I meant the part between elbow and wrist. Im sorry for confusing.

BUT I noticed that some part under there aswell had a little tension yesterday, not so much than other places but it was there. It felt like it was connected to the tensions lower in the arm.

Sunshine: Salves with cbd or thc strains? you make? Me and the wife have talked about making some. Will try to have some edibles next time this hits hard.

Yesterday, right under the elbow it first got really tens. After some medications it helped a little, but then it also have been so tens for so long that I got "more blood" in my hands and I get this white and red dots all over the palm. After this its "only" hurted like after a looooong run. Numb and gele feeling, and needed to completely relax to not make it tens again. Which I found hard to do...

My sis says that people with ADHD( or some of then atleast) cant controll how much strenght they use. So they have a tendency to over use the muscle...

I was that classic kid who got hold the pencil really hard, without too noticing.

Think I need some more cbd strain... I remember smoking imoort hash helped more I think, long time ago. I want to smoke more, but in the sametime not, because then I will get more baked than I would like... Yeah, and I got really baked last night :shucks:

G

The reason I asked about the tension moving to other parts of your body is because this can happen as a psychosomatic symptom due to anxiety. Just another thing to look into just in case you can't find a "real" physical cause. In any case slow breathing exercises and meditation would definitely help you with muscle tension, maybe more than finding the right cannabis strain. Good luck.

Andyo

Veteran
constipation causing pulsing muscle tension

constipation causing pulsing muscle tension

To a point of nerve pressure and walking disability.
If i can take a big shit it goes away.
desperation while crying out in pain my bro got me 50 mg tramadol
eureaka no pain in 30 miniutes such relief !
would never normally take tramadol
but days n nights of agony no sleap.
Im wating on metamucil fibre drink in post
im very aware of addiction posibilitys.A

Veggia farmer

Magoluci: Yes, I read about that. I dont think I can label myself as someone with anxiety, BUT my sisters talks about this, due to ADHD. I think this can cause some similiar symptoms in the muscles. Its a litte bit "new" to think this about ADHD, but one of the sis got the diagnose after checking the muscles for some stuff, and I believe its this..? What actually helped me a lot yesterday was some ADHD medications I got from a friend... I also would like to try to find other solutions instead of using medicals, so thanks for the advices!

Andyo: You get this on a regurly bases? I will check if its a pattern with what I eat. My stomach has its ups and down so could aswell might be related for me too without me knowing the links. Good luck your self A! Do you have any specific diet?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
To a point of nerve pressure and walking disability.
If i can take a big shit it goes away.
desperation while crying out in pain my bro got me 50 mg tramadol
eureaka no pain in 30 miniutes such relief !
would never normally take tramadol
but days n nights of agony no sleap.
Im wating on metamucil fibre drink in post
im very aware of addiction posibilitys.A

I hate a difficult turd. I find the easyest "going" seems to be when I take enough vit C. That Lomatium stuff helps too,

G

I also would like to try to find other solutions instead of using medicals,

Just in case you struggle to find a solution, take note of this: Dr. Sarno and TMS. (Related to the psychosomatic stuffi was saying. The info is online for free.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear of your evacuation woes.

Prunes, prune juice, salad material, plenty of fluids. When I take too many CBD capsules ~60mg, I have loose stools, a slight benefit to other CBD benefits.

T

Teddybrae

Magoluci: I have sometimes tension in my legs. But most in arms. Start right over the elbow and to the finger tips. With a peak in the widest point in the arme under elbow. I just noticed now I have lost in translation. When I meant underarm I meant the part between elbow and wrist. Im sorry for confusing.

BUT I noticed that some part under there aswell had a little tension yesterday, not so much than other places but it was there. It felt like it was connected to the tensions lower in the arm.

Sunshine: Salves with cbd or thc strains? you make? Me and the wife have talked about making some. Will try to have some edibles next time this hits hard.

Yesterday, right under the elbow it first got really tens. After some medications it helped a little, but then it also have been so tens for so long that I got "more blood" in my hands and I get this white and red dots all over the palm. After this its "only" hurted like after a looooong run. Numb and gele feeling, and needed to completely relax to not make it tens again. Which I found hard to do...

My sis says that people with ADHD( or some of then atleast) cant controll how much strenght they use. So they have a tendency to over use the muscle...

Hello WhipperSnapper!

There is the posibility yr tension is psychosomatic. The tension could be a physical manifestation of feelings of Frustration, Powerlessness.

Are there ever times when you are not tense? If so, when are those times?

T

Teddybrae

I thought about your post today and I realised the following. Sorry to confront you ... but:

I had this dream about You. You lived in a rural area, quite remote. My Dream floated up a notion that Your Family owns You.

Your Family is mostly women. Probably, they are the most permanent members of Your Family. The one’s you had most to do with as a child.

In my dream I saw that You liked your Family but that they tolerated You only as a Token Male. I saw in my dream that the women in your Family have grievances against Hierarchy so they continually take Power away from You. As if their unhappiness with men is somehow your fault.

You are not to blame though. You have done nothing wrong. What’s happening is that those women are passing-on their own abuse. They are getting their jollies from pushing around a male. You are their captive male! They have You on a chain.

You say in your post that one of the women in your Family describes You in terms of a behavioural deficit. That, because of this different behaviour or that different behaviour, You are the one in the Family who needs special care. But I think that is a lie and I think the women in your Family have woven this lie into the fabric of your personality since your Mother experienced the pain of your birth.

Mostly those women are so soft and nurturing and un-threatening. It’s easy to believe their words when they say you need special care. And when You do believe them, when without thinking You swallow their stories whole, then You ‘jump through hoops’ for them, and they like that because you’ve demonstrated that they own You!

I ‘m not surprised your body is clamping up. Happens to people a lot. Did You know that some people, under stress, damage their teeth by unconsciously grinding their jaws together? Others, for example, have difficulty swallowing and eventually develop cancer because “their heart is in their mouth” with anxiety.

It looks to me like You are enmeshed within a toxic family culture. Being trapped inside that culture is causing Stress. I think before You can get well You need to escape the trap you’re in.

Take your Wife and child and get out of there!

GoatCheese

Veteran
Good evening,

Do you have tension in your shoulder area/upper back? I do and usually when my back/shoulders start going tense, soon after my arms/hands will follow …then legs/feet. A lot of arms/legs problems can be caused by bad/tense back.
I recommend you talk about this to your doctor and/or fysio so they can figure out an exercise program for you.
:::

Deep Chunk/Chunky Cheese had very nice muscle relaxation effect for me a year ago when I fell off my bicycle and hit my arm pretty badly (broken bone in my left hand) …Taskenti was the opposite; made my muscles quite cramp-y.

Cannacopia has been selling few Deep Chunk hybrids like the Chunky Cheese I mentioned. It’s UK Cheese x DC.

Veggia farmer

Hello my sweet Teddybear,

I searched for whippersnapper as a definintion, it came many different definitions there. Not sure which way to take it, LOL.

Yes, it sure is times where Im not tens, atleast less tens. Like now. I have to admitt I made great love just a few hours ago, came home, took a walk with the dogs and last checking some clones. This is also the stuff that helps loosing tensions. I would definatly take hiking more up again.

And I love cooking! Started with that early, no one else did so, then I watched the TV on cooking programs and played around! Later, my fellow stoners friends enjoyed that;)

When I walked an hour ago, I started laughing to myself. Think many of you are right. I sadly have lots of undealt anger, that Im working, and when this came in my consciousness. My instinctively respons was that my body "wanted" to thighten up, I could feel it, and go fast and harder etc. Interessting for me. Havent managed to have this in my mind before, like today. MAYBE: Its not ADHD after alll, BUT my emotinal respons that kicks me in high gear? Neal Cassidy comes to mind. Lets just speed up so we dont feel? Going faster helps, for the feelings get "numb" or lacks attention. It helps the symptoms but not the cause...

And no Teddy, I have no problem with this "confronting", I ask and you give. Im very glad of you.

I dont understand token male and I dont manage to put , grievances against Hierarchy, into context. Sorry, but could you explain for me?

Yeah, this women in my family are something special. To be honest when I first got a kid, I planned on buying my childhood home from my stepdad. I didnt do that, and now I live a six hours drive from there. Yes, I will admitt, its family related. I would never have the possibilities to live the life I want and in a lot ways do at the moment. They know to much, and some of them have a sabotaging mindset....

So, yes, admitting its stress related. Been some other situations too the last month.

Not sure why, but I didnt say to you that me and the wife have lived separatly for sometime. Ashamed probably. This was a lot due to a slippery slope with my in-Laws, and how she and I manage to deal with them. She has experienced a lot of emotional neglect and/or abuse. After reading a lot since spring I have come to the conclusion that she responded with co-dependcy towards them and letting them do a lot of bullying, especially against her. That happend after me wanted a break especially from my father in-law who was sabotaging my work and our property, making romours etc.. He sabotaged a gift from the mother to his own daughter, gladly I could smell what happened and fixed the gift. Me and him was very good friends to begin with, something happend and he could not manage to talk about it. I tried to talk, listen etc.. and I KNOW I did it right....

A little personally here, but Im a little stoned before cooking food today so this is me:) The women I need is coming to night for food and wine. I look really forward to that:)

Thanks, much love

Last edited:

Veggia farmer

Do you have tension in your shoulder area/upper back? I do and usually when my back/shoulders start going tense, soon after my arms/hands will follow …then legs/feet. A lot of arms/legs problems can be caused by bad/tense back.
I recommend you talk about this to your doctor and/or fysio so they can figure out an exercise program for you.
:::

Deep Chunk/Chunky Cheese had very nice muscle relaxation effect for me a year ago when I fell off my bicycle and hit my arm pretty badly (broken bone in my left hand) …Taskenti was the opposite; made my muscles quite cramp-y.

Cannacopia has been selling few Deep Chunk hybrids like the Chunky Cheese I mentioned. It’s UK Cheese x DC.

Yup, tens between the shoulder/upper back. I will try to sort out that firsk when it happens, and hopefully it wont go further. Thanks:)

GoatCheese

Veteran
Yup, tens between the shoulder/upper back. I will try to sort out that firsk when it happens, and hopefully it wont go further. Thanks:)
Yea, that’s what i always said! LOL
…I’m actually seeing a fysio atm about upper back/shoulders/arms/hands problems. Tightness, spasms, cramps, numbness, muscle fatigue and what else.

The NHS fysios around here have computer programs like Physio Tools and they print me different kind of exercise programs to go thru at home, mostly using exercise rubber bands, so you don’t even have to hit the gym or make big investments in gym gear.
Some of these rubber band exercises involve rotating your shoulder or arm in a certain way and it would be best to go thru these with your NHS fysio so they can show you how to do these properly.

Since it seems you have quite a big problem, as do I and for years now, I really recommend you see a NHS fysio about these problems and take care of it. It won’t get any better with age when our muscles naturally start to get weaker.

The exercises I do (or should do more often) take about 20-30 mins a day and you can do a lot of them watching TV. The first month or two you have to do these exercises almost daily but after you get your problem areas to open/strengthened abit then it’s just maintenance 3-4 times a week.

Go see a NHS fysio. It will raise your quality of life, I guarantee. Back and arm problems are a real bitch and there’s no point in suffering.:good:

T

Teddybrae

Confronting: 'In your face!' Abrupt. Shocking.

grievances against heirarchy = sullen toward men, man-hater, angry because it's a mans world.

'Token' = you're the man they've got when they don't need a man at all. So they tolerate you ... but don't necessarily like you. (Like the black man at work who is there because there's a government policy of including blacks. Not because work likes black men. So he's the token black man.)

"Whipper Snapper" = young fellow, cheeky young fellow. Friendly 'insult' of older person to younger one.

Latest posts

Latest posts