What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 Revival

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey friends,

So earlier this year a lifelong grower and dear friend passed away. I inherited all his seeds, plants, and gear. In amongst his lifetime of collection was 9 seeds of original Cindy 99. He smuggled back some Cindy 99 from brother's grimm in 2000, we sprouted two packs back then, got one pineapple male and stunning grapefruit female. I planted nine, coaxed eight to sprout, got four males and four female. I open pollinated the four females. I saved a flower bunch from each unselected male and am working on a full run of old pineapple leaning male (end of 2020). Here is the image dump of everything from this year starting with the seeds and then moving on to the indoor grapefruit leaning female.

These were all gorilla grown, with checks once a week to ten days. Living soil in 30 or 50 gallon either grassroots or vivosun fabric pots. Never watered, sprayed or few liquid nutrients

picture.php

View image in gallery

Last edited:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now onto the op pollinated females. These aren't properly labeled in the gallery and I'll clarify each individual when I flower them indoors. It will be a second before that run start but I'll find some time to pair the outdoor flowering pictures with the small moms I have of them backed up. Frist is them young where you can see my early pollination and then moving forward to them ripe.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As soon as all the seeds are harvested I'll start mailing out seeds to testers and hopefully we'll have preserved something special. As testers start producing results I've asked them all to share their results here. Next planned project for this line is a production of the Grapefruit female and Pineapple male which I'm hoping to finish in December. It is unlikely I will have time to let the females finish flowering but I will have enough time to get fully ripe seeds on otherwise unripe plants. After that one of the females in the new sprouting has a pineapple, mango, skunk smell that I think is really special and I'll likely pollinate her before moving filially forward with anything already made. I also know of a couple of other projects working towards Cindy preservation so as I get caught up this year I may see if we could combine our efforts.

My special thanks to Mr. Soul for his work with Cindy. I've got a special care package planned for you and with some luck it'll be ready end of the year early next year. I'd also like to thank everyone who stepped up and offered to test. I think what we're working on here might be something really cool.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just waiting on the packaging supplies. The tester are also going to be my feedback loop for the new packaging I'm trying out. Chester glad to hear you like what you see and hopefully we see more of it in the next generation.

clearheaded

ya i am pumped on this :) very cool to how compares to femaleseeds c99 and if its sub 60 days fast like OG was suppost to be and the fabled grapefruit melony pineappleness ;) sad story but very cool of rizraz. and also of course lost tribes experiences will be interesting.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya i am pumped on this :) very cool to how compares to femaleseeds c99 and if its sub 60 days fast like OG was suppost to be and the fabled grapefruit melony pineappleness ;) sad story but very cool of rizraz. and also of course lost tribes experiences will be interesting.

All good, people die. I'm getting older now and not all friends make responsible life choices. I really love LostTribes projects and I hope if I find something special we can combine our efforts in some meaningful way. I think we're both on the trail of the same rabbit.

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey friends, So I'm running behind in updating here but I think I've talked to most everyone who was testing this. Seems like the open pollination had really low germination rates for whatever reason. I put about 45 seeds in a three gallon to see what would come and I think I got around 9-10 to come up. I'll post pictures later. Now onto the next steps. I still have everything backed up but the breeding tent is full till I relocate a few months from now so here's what I've got coming down the pipe for the Cindy Revival. I took my grapefruit female and a unhealthly old pineapple male I needed to cull and stuck them in my breeding tent. I'll post picture when they're something more than just veg plants hanging in a tent.

For anyone who's testing my thoughts are finish the Grapefruit to Pineapple pollination and then ship those seeds, some of the open pollinated seeds at the same thus ensuring you actually get something to test.

If anyone wants the OP seeds regardless of the lower germination rates DM me, I'm shipping seeds for orders this week and will gladly ship them out for you to test your luck. Everyone who's willing to wait, sorry for the delay but I think this might move the project in a more meaningful direction anyway. I do intend to redo the open pollination (sans one male I suspect to semi sterile to sterile) outdoor in early summer.

Crazy Chester

For anyone who's testing my thoughts are finish the Grapefruit to Pineapple pollination and then ship those seeds, some of the open pollinated seeds at the same thus ensuring you actually get something to test...sorry for the delay but I think this might move the project in a more meaningful direction anyway. I do intend to redo the open pollination (sans one male I suspect to semi sterile to sterile) outdoor in early summer.
This makes sense - I got no room to grow until late spring/early summer in any event - might as well wait for the best germinators to be done, so they can be test grown at the same time as the germination-challenged OP seeds get test grown.

...unhealthly old pineapple male I needed to cull...
:eek: I hope you mean it was only a copy that got ragged and that you still got the healthy dad he came from happily growing somewhere safe...

Latest posts

Latest posts