What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Eddie Van Halen RIP

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
2020 Sucks ASS,and 2021 prolly ain't gonna be much better.
Fuckin blows donkey dick

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
I still remember the first time I heard Van Halen...it was the summer of 1980 and I was hooked right away. I was just starting to learn guitar and Eddie was beyond anything I’d heard before then. I couldn’t figure out how he made those sounds and the tunes were really catchy. I still like their older stuff to this day.

Sad that he’s gone, but he left behind some great music.

HB.

bigAl25

Veteran
Whether it was the David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar version of the group, it still was Eddie on guitar making it cry and sing. You will be missed, but stop by my house and we will still listen to your playing around the deck and pool burning one to enjoy all those great songs.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
One of my best childhood pals was a massive Van Halen fan, so by proxy I kinda had to be one, too.

Rest in peace :tiphat:

*Oh and title edited*

Gone Camping

Saw Eddie in concert a dozen times or so, saw a few tours twice.

My son's first concert was the Balance Tour, he was about 9 iirc..

Hoping Wolfie somehow keeps VH alive..

EDIT: I spent a few summers (70's) in Corpus Christi as a kid, with my mom's sister and my cousins. I brought the "Runnin with the Devil" album to a devout Baptists home... i didnt see that album again till i packed for home. LOL..

iBogart

Veteran
Girl Gone Bad and House of Pain gave me permanent hearing damage from my headphones.

This is real shitty news.

iBogart

Veteran
Don't start too young and heed the warning on the label.

058e94_111b9183075d404a936d521607a1cc8d~mv2.jpeg

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As someone who has interacted with Eddie on a personal level, the only thing I will say about him is he was a hell of a guitar player.

Sunshineinabag

If memory serves Alex started on guitar and Eddie ....drums....... glad they switched! Highly influential maestro who rocked my ass to sleep on many a night. Eddie will never die in my mind. I hate 2020

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
I'm at a loss for words. God comfort the family and friends. His work speaks for itself.
Peace farmerlion