What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fan leaves praying, leaves pointing up

TahoeTops

I am not too worried about this issue but I figured I would ask you folks...

My fan leaves are pointing straight upwards. I am in soil and I just watered this morning. But I read elsewhere this might be a phosphorus deficiency, But I just can't agree with that diagnosis just yet.

Here are 2 photos:
picture.php
picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Can be many things causing that. Maybe light is too far up and plant is stretching? :chin:

Leaves are nice and evenly green so don't overfed just yet. :tiphat:

gorilla ganja

It's usually a sign of a healthy plant for me. I wish all my plants prayed to the sun like that.
Just keep doing what your doing. They look good.

Peace GG

TahoeTops

Can be many things causing that. Maybe light is too far up and plant is stretching? :chin:

Leaves are nice and evenly green so don't overfed just yet. :tiphat:

I do have the light a bit high, due to other plants showing some heat stress. It's a tough balancing act with 6 different size plants.

This morning I watered with Tea along with Purpinator 5ml each.
I can't imagine they would be deficient, but I did read it somewhere!

It's usually a sign of a healthy plant for me. I wish all my plants prayed to the sun like that.
Just keep doing what your doing. They look good.

Peace GG

Thanks. I will post a morning shot tomorrow. They seem to go up and down with each watering.

SuperBadGrower

They are all normal movement. The plant kind of pulses and dances. Look for some timelapse videos and you will see that in action. :good:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Any time a plant stretches like that it means its growing like crazy. Its a super good to have the leaves reach up to the light.

MindEater

It's a complete mystery, no one will ever know. Until it gets published on leafly next to the "cheese and skunk are popular tasty terpenes" articles. Or Jungle Boys puts out an Instagram post about boron deficiency after claiming curing is a myth.

Sometimes mine do it before drooping when they want water. Sometimes they do it after transplant. It probably has to do with planetary alignment. Did you plant on a full moon?

TahoeTops

They are all normal movement. The plant kind of pulses and dances. Look for some timelapse videos and you will see that in action. :good:

Yeah this evening the leaves were back to praying again. So they go down at night and up during the day... (Dancing)

Any time a plant stretches like that it means its growing like crazy. Its a super good to have the leaves reach up to the light.

Sweet! Thanks.

It's a complete mystery, no one will ever know. Until it gets published on leafly next to the "cheese and skunk are popular tasty terpenes" articles. Or Jungle Boys puts out an Instagram post about boron deficiency after claiming curing is a myth.

Sometimes mine do it before drooping when they want water. Sometimes they do it after transplant. It probably has to do with planetary alignment. Did you plant on a full moon?

That is funny you mention this... I figured out that since I planted on a weekend, they behave strange during the week!