What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How Minerals And Light Affect Terpene Production

MindEater

Psuedo science. Highly fragrant terpenes? What an oxymoron.

It has been proven, with real science, that it's not the terpenes that enhance cytotoxic activity, as when the exact cannabinoid-terpene mixes are constructed from scratch based on results from very effective natural products, they do nothing. All the researchers I've talked with seem very annoyed to have been misled into believing terpenes are the characteristic aromatic metabolite of Cannabis.

I wonder if products like this will ever be available for Cannabis? https://scottlab.com/fermentation-cellar/yeast/be-thiols-yeast-500g https://www.aeb-group.com/us/endozym-thiol-4092

Pseudo science? The guy's a Physicist.

"Augustus Dunning is the CEO of Eco Organics and is a physicist, chemist, and an inventor. He is the former systems ops designer for the International Space Station and a former regional manager of liquid, solid, and electric propulsion systems for Pratt and Whitney space propulsion, Edwards AFB, NAWC, and JPL.

I find his viewpoints quite objective.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
https://www.maximumyield.com/how-minerals-and-light-affect-terpene-production/2/17531

Great article. It shows that UVB and minerals are important for terpene production.

Thanks!

Did this start to explain the difference and why of a psychoactive sativa vs a full body dick drag indica?

" Plus, scientists are working to discover the medicinal benefits of certain terpenes and how they co-exist with the plant’s cannabinoids to create an even more diverse mental and physical reaction."

I will dig deeper into that link, but this jumped right out at me, from one of the links inside:

https://www.maximumyield.com/definition/4438/terpenes

The last several months I have been vaporizing the lighter end of the volitile spectrum of flowers, in order to avoid a harsh compound. Thus I am getting a very terp-rich vape, which along with plenty of edibles made from what remains in the material, makes me happy. Saying it hasn't killed me yet, is an understatement.

The homeopathic doc I see for annual blood tests is also big on IV chealation therapy. He said using a nebulizer (inhaling through the lungs) is about 90% efficient compared to IV. I doubt eating terps does near as much, but who knows?

BTW, he lit right up when I explained the process, and results. I also mentioned that "hemp" is legal 50 states, and the device I use is medical grade. Hemp has plenty of great terps.

Last edited:

hyposomniac

Claims without any sources. Definitive claims too, like 'it has been proven'.
You're supposed to show us the proof in a footnote.. being a physicist doesn't mean we should take his word for it. People misapply studies to fit their theories all the time.

The main point of the article seems to be the 72 hour 'no red light' before harvest.
Then says to use only blue and white leds. White leds emit red don't they??

Throwaway article, with some interesting things to research further.

Claims without any sources. Definitive claims too, like 'it has been proven'.
You're supposed to show us the proof in a footnote.. being a physicist doesn't mean we should take his word for it. People misapply studies to fit their theories all the time.

The main point of the article seems to be the 72 hour 'no red light' before harvest.
Then says to use only blue and white leds. White leds emit red don't they??

Throwaway article, with some interesting things to research further.

You don't have to pay attention to him. I thought it was an interesting article that relates to cannabis harvesting (maximizing terpenes) from a scholarly person. No big deal.