What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2020

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You start multiple per pot? I guess you are up potting them before the roots become an intertwined mess?

I just transplanted one pot with eight today. Eight more tomorrow. They are fragile at that size. I use a soop spoon to dig them out. Now I got bunch of 5" pots so I'll probably start with those next time.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Babies with big fat leaves.
Some weird leaf structure in there.
Gotta love it.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
Garden is all ready. After amending last week I raked it into two long mounded rows it's tough to notice but they are mounded. Over the weekend I got my compost and mulch down which was perfectly timed to trap the moisture from the storms we got. I got the compost made from vegetation instead of manure because they couldn't guarantee the age of the manure. Its a very nice texture and I plan to use manure after harvest in the fall to be tilled in next year. There is about 2 inches of compost top dressed and covered with 5-6 inches of aged hemlock mulch.

Right before I raked rows
picture.php

Compost and mulch
picture.php

Finished garden waiting for plants
picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
I plan to start the move next week. It will be a couple weeks of transition because they are only under florescent type veg lighting so outside is gonna be bright for them. My timer is down to 16 hours of light so they shouldn't have any troubles with the outdoor light schedule. Good luck everyone :tiphat:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I plan to start the move next week. It will be a couple weeks of transition because they are only under florescent type veg lighting so outside is gonna be bright for them. My timer is down to 16 hours of light so they shouldn't have any troubles with the outdoor light schedule. Good luck everyone :tiphat:

you don't want to put those clones out before june, some will trigger into flower the first week of june and will only be back in veg again right before they start to flower in August.

if you put them out before you need to break the night cycle with artificial light which shouldn't be hard for you.

my plot I would need to run a generator and that and the lights would attract the neighbors.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
420giveaway
you don't want to put those clones out before june, some will trigger into flower the first week of june and will only be back in veg again right before they start to flower in August.

if you put them out before you need to break the night cycle with artificial light which shouldn't be hard for you.

my plot I would need to run a generator and that and the lights would attract the neighbors.

My plan is to get them out during the day to get used to the sun but bring them back in for nights. My current indoor light schedule was just turned to lights on 6:30am lights off at 11 pm. Plan to have them permanently out there for second week of June, should I push it till the 3rd week. I dialed the veg light back to 17 hours from 18 a couple weeks ago. Was planning on it taking about 10 days to get used to the sun before I can plant into the ground. Am I making this to complicated? :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Not permanently, was out half hour yesterday, and one hour today. I'm 4° north of you, also E. coast, and plan to be out for good in 4 or 5 more days.

I've been doing the inside outside moves hardening them. Warmer weather is looking good. Not sure about the early flowering thing.
Today the sunrise is at 5:15am and sunset is 8:02pm. 14:47 of sunlight.
Right now we have about the same hours of sun as july 20 where the sunrise will be at 5:25am and sunset will be at 8:10pm for 14:45 hrs of sunlight.

Solstice is June 21, longest daylight of the year. Sunrise will be 5:07am and sunset is 8:20pm. 15:13 hours of sunlight or 26 minutes more than we have now.

I've been thinking about putting a light out there for better pm rays but not sure it's absolutely necessary.

yardgrazer

All the plants I started indoors in early April have been out for a week or so. Getting ready to put a few more out, with some other little ones to follow by the 1st.

dirty-joe

Not sure about the early flowering thing.
Today the sunrise is at 5:15am and sunset is 8:02pm. 14:47 of sunlight.

Solstice is June 21, longest daylight of the year. Sunrise will be 5:07am and sunset is 8:20pm. 15:13 hours of sunlight or 26 minutes more than we have now.

I've been thinking about putting a light out there for better pm rays but not sure it's absolutely necessary.

I'd not worry about the "early flowering thing" as the plants you showed on the previous page are not mature enough (at 3 nodes) to flower...unless they were a really fast auto.

PS thanks for your sun schedule to compare to mine...I'm at 15Hours, 8 Min. today.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have 7 autoflower seedlings from Afterthought Auto's that I've been putting out on the back deck getting used to the sun. I wanna put them out this weekend hopefully, next weekend at the latest I guess. Those should get me a staggered harvest then I wanna try to get the main GGs out then also, or a little later since I think the first batch I put in last year suffered from reveg.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I have 7 autoflower seedlings from Afterthought Auto's that I've been putting out on the back deck getting used to the sun. I wanna put them out this weekend hopefully, next weekend at the latest I guess. Those should get me a staggered harvest then I wanna try to get the main GGs out then also, or a little later since I think the first batch I put in last year suffered from reveg.

When did you put them out last year?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
When did you put them out last year?
May 26th for first batch when I'm pretty sure were ones to reveg a little bit. June 9th for the rest of them which didn't at all. I am up on a mountain with a clearing cut out of the trees, so I don't get a full days sunlight which I think contributed to them revegging.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I took clones of everything outdoors last summer, and by November was able to discard all but two of them..
(After the taste and potency tests)

I keep them under 15 hour light schedule all winter.. with plain old t-5 lamps.
And took clone of the clones in early March to go outside this summer.

Everybody went to the hideout the last few days..
At 36 north, May 20 has 14 hours and 7 minutes from sunrise to sunset..
BUT, don't forget about the daylight before sunrise and after sunset..
That makes the day light on May 20, 15 hours and 5 minutes long..

Close enough to my indoor light schedule to not worry about the girls trying to go into flower mode when I take them outdoors....

Remember, you can add about 1 hour of daylight to the length of time from sunrise to sunset..