What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CryptoCurrency

C

Capra ibex

Why thank you. Have you been making money on my recommendations? If not, why not?

'Your' recommendations?
I already had 3 out of the 4, and was considering buying some BAT for 6 months or so, but i still didn't get any yet.
Your predictions hold no more weight than any other crypto dabbler, in my opinion. What makes you think otherwise?
Most 'dabblers' that i see already think Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Chainlink are solid choices in cryptoland, BAT to a lesser extent.
The truth is that no one knows what's going to happen, just guesses, predictions, hunches and dreams.

Last edited:
C

Capra ibex

You are completely misinformed Sir.

What do you mean? Which part?
That i'm saying you can't possibly know what's going to happen by reading charts?
You can get better by being a chart reader but you can't become all knowing.

I'm not trying to be a troll, i would LOVE to catch a wave or 3 i just haven't really seen any people that HAVE got predictions much more accurate than just hunches.
One thing has a little buzz and then goes back down, then something else has a little buzz and then goes back down.
Chainlink being the main one that seemed hyped and it did 25x or something over a year.

Good luck, i could use some luck as well :ying: :bow:

That's me bowing to the money gods. :)

Last edited:

gladysvjubb

Veteran
In a few short days they will begin a vertical climb.
This will last for 10-14 straight days.
At this point you can begin to "schnitzel" some money.
I would be in BAT with both feet.

C

Capra ibex

In a few short days they will begin a vertical climb.
This will last for 10-14 straight days.
At this point you can begin to "schnitzel" some money.
I would be in BAT with both feet.

And how can you be certain? Charts? Bitcoin halving?

If you're absolutely certain, surely you have put your whole life savings on your prediction?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Absolutely, that plus whatever I could borrow. In the old days they used to call it "backing up the truck". I have all my family in these 4 and many friends. You can jump in here safely. There will be no pullbacks for a few weeks. My daughters added more BITCOIN today. When she breaks, it is going toward the $100,000 mark. I am waiting for the $1200 from my Uncle Sam. I hope it shows before these guys go vertical.

fvasquez

Stay away from crypto for now. The market is so volatile that crypto could crash again when the market tanks. Crypto tanked hard precisely when the market tanked last month. When people need cash they will sell all their crypto and it will tank the prices. IF you have extra money lying around, that will be the time to buy into crypto again. But not now; not after the market has already rallied and is poised to drop out again at any moment.

I'mback

Comfortably numb!
Absolutely, that plus whatever I could borrow. In the old days they used to call it "backing up the truck". I have all my family in these 4 and many friends. You can jump in here safely. There will be no pullbacks for a few weeks. My daughters added more BITCOIN today. When she breaks, it is going toward the $100,000 mark. I am waiting for the $1200 from my Uncle Sam. I hope it shows before these guys go vertical.
I want some of your pharmaceuticals :biggrin:

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Yes. I have been investing in markets since 1976. I degenerated in to a day trader. I was making $300-$900 during the morning "bulges". My non working wife started spending it all on shit. I got pissed and quit.
I bought BITCOIN in 2010 after seeing about it on CNBC. I paid $17 per BITCOIN. I forgot about it for a couple of years. I saw it was over $2,000 and had to trace down the clown that ran TRADEHILL to get my coins. They subsequently ran to $19,000.
You can bet your bottom I am in here. I have seen this pattern 2 other times in my investing life. More than extremely profitable. We are talking life changing sums here. We are in it right now.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Stay away from crypto for now. The market is so volatile that crypto could crash again when the market tanks. Crypto tanked hard precisely when the market tanked last month. When people need cash they will sell all their crypto and it will tank the prices. IF you have extra money lying around, that will be the time to buy into crypto again. But not now; not after the market has already rallied and is poised to drop out again at any moment.

Good logic. It does NOT apply here and now.
I will be selling some to you later.

fvasquez

Good logic. It does NOT apply here and now.
I will be selling some to you later.

It DOES apply to here and now. Unless you truly believe something changed between today and mere weeks ago. Crypto -- led by Bitcoin itself -- tanked HARD as the market crashed. Crypto has no value to people that need cash in a crisis. When debts need to be paid, people are NOT paying with crypto! When food needs to be put on the table, people are NOT paying with crypto! When you need to wipe your ass, good luck finding someone that is taking Bitcoin! Again, the time to buy crypto will be in a few weeks/months AFTER the market crashes completely...and ONLY if you have that kind of extra money lying around. You will be able to buy any crypto you want at that time for the cheapest prices you have seen in years. Buying now is foolish!

C

Capra ibex

It still keeps it's use case in a financial crisis, maybe even more, maybe less.... we don't really know.

Sometimes it follows stock market a little, other times it goes it's own way completely.

The point is, it's not going anywhere, it will still be lurking in the background because it has intrinsic value, and cuts out all of the bureaucracy, people may flock to it in a crisis, but then again they may not.

While you can't do everything with Bitcoin yet, you can still do quite a lot.

I don't think it's safe or sane to put everything you own into it....

gladysvjubb

Veteran
My 4 crypto currencies are UP everyday. I am not worried. As I learned long ago as a flight instructor, it is all who you know, not what. I am 71 and very well connected with all law abiding citizens. When my friends speak, I listen.
All I can say is we are headed toward dizzying heights as far as prices go. Throw $10 each on my cryptos. Talk to me in 2 weeks.

C

Capra ibex

I'll be back to either congratulate you or make fun of you.... whichever is more appropriate at that time. :)

raCURE

My 4 crypto currencies are UP everyday. I am not worried. As I learned long ago as a flight instructor, it is all who you know, not what. I am 71 and very well connected with all law abiding citizens. When my friends speak, I listen.
All I can say is we are headed toward dizzying heights as far as prices go. Throw $10 each on my cryptos. Talk to me in 2 weeks.

What’s your honest prediction for BAT in two weeks time?

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Just to show how utterly insane I am. The last 2 times that BTC halved, it went up 8000% and 2000% respectively. It is HALVING again in about 3 weeks.
Get your seats folks.

Bitcoin USD 7,213.01 -46.31 -0.64%

Looks pretty cheap to me after the beat down.

Latest posts

Latest posts