What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Q3corn's dank mini adventures

q3corn

20210514_005535.jpg

20210514_005826.jpg

More Double G pics

q3corn

3 months away from the site, but I've been hustling through grows the whole time!

Double G harvest finished up great and all the samples smoke amazing. Heavy body highs with a relaxing mental space for all of them. I initially considered #4 to be my keeper, but after 3+ months of cure #6 is the hit for me! She's got a strange sour smell not like skunk, but a little like skunked beer. I ran another cycle through the new cab with some Conifer-13, finished the Conifer-15 up since she's not something I'm in love with, got another cycle of that Dogwalker bagseed, and some GPG cuttings.

New cabinet now has a full run of the SUV f2 keeper, now being called Vulcan Diesel cuz that's a badass name.
IMG_20210907_131128667.jpg

Mega cabinet has 3 plants in 1-gallon pots, Conifer-13, DoubleG-4, and GPG. I've fallen in love with the high that GPG delivers, it's so relaxing with that classic kush-y body hug to it. I took a bit of that flower on vacation and enjoyed smoking it the whole time. Bummer since it's never been a good yielder, only averaging about 7.5 grams per liter of soil. My other plants are hitting 10+ grams per pot. Maybe I'll find another plant that hits all the buttons but yields better.
IMG_20210902_121349876.jpg

And I've also started some new seeds! I popped some Orange Velvet x DNA Afghani as well as a few Black Muddy River. Of the 12 OVAs, only 6 survived because I let them dry out too much. Whoops! 4 of the 4 BMRs made it, and they're looking great.
IMG_20210907_134028716.jpg

Good to have things updated here finally. I'm finding some amazing success with dry amendment and water-only methods here. I think I figured out how to do small plants with ease! I had my roommate watch my garden for a week and since all they had to do was water plants daily, it was pretty easy for them to not screw it up! I always hated the prospect of needing someone to feed my plants with bottled mixes, just too much room for error. This is a really low stress method and I'm hooked.

q3corn

Dogwalker bagseed buds looking pretty good! They smell like mothballs and my girlfriend hates it 😋

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2070157.jpg Views:	3 Size:	88.2 KB ID:	17939237

q3corn

Some buds from my most recent harvest out of the Mega cabinet. Gelato33 x Purple Goat, Conifer, and Double G. Each plant was grown in 1 gallon of soil with KIS nutrients amended for the first month. They had some stress from being too close to the light as well as some other stresses, like the humidity being too high, but these buds seemed to turn out pretty good!

1128 GPG.jpg
1128 CON.jpg
1128 dblG.jpg

I haven't been very frequent with posts here probably, but I'll try to share pics more often. I might not keep this as a continuous log, but I'll at least drop in from time to time to show off some cool stuff!

:joint:

q3corn

The vulcan diesel f2 plant was harvested at day 66, and she smells sweet and fruity, like grapes or even blueberries. Unfortunately the mother plant died to root rot literally that very week! So frustrated, but the party must go on. I threw some seeds from that same line into water that week, and have 5 more seedlings already a month old now. I'm really hoping I can find something similar.

Here's some VD f2 pics.
IMG_20211007_130911297.jpg
IMG_20211007_130854689.jpg
IMG_20211011_224000672.jpg
IMG_20211115_123514992~2.jpg

q3corn

Popped some vulcan diesels to look for something interesting. That one in the back is a big show off. These babies are about 6 weeks old. I might be able to take cuts as soon as next week :joint:

IMG_20211203_105032835.jpg

q3corn

Tough times call for tough action. The Orange Velvet x DNA Afghani plants just never really looked like they were gonna recover, so I chopped em down and ground em up, threw them into the worm bin. As I was cutting them up the lemon/pine smell they'd been giving me gradually changed into a sour lemon, then a rotten orange smell, *very* similar to tangie. Those are some of the smells I was looking for! So I know they're in there, i just need to take care of the plants better next time. 4 clones were kept, they'll get a good veg again before I flower them out, make sure I have more cuttings taken first. Gotta remember these plants get tall, so I'll get my training program put together for them :joint:

q3corn

Double G got trimmed up after 15 days drying. Looks and smells like some old school dank. Somewhat grassy and earthy, not very loud but greasy for sure.

DblG4 12-06 4751a.jpg

q3corn

Thanks! I'm excited to sample all of this, but gotta wait til it cures plenty. No use smoking weed too early, I spend too much time trying to make sure it's lit and burning and end up not getting that great of an experience. 2+ months past harvest is when I start getting a feel for the smoke.

I've got enough nice flower to smoke still, I can be patient :)