What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The no bullshit 6-7 week flowering time strain list

Biologist

Could anyone give me photoperiod strains they have grown that really finished in 6-7 weeks of flowering? I mean strains that really hit 25-30% amber trichomes at 6-7 weeks. Do they exist? I've grown strains described in the seed catalog as finishing fast and having 6-7 week flowering times (White Widow Fast, etc.) and haven't really ever gotten any that finished that fast.

Trying to find ways to speed up my process, these 9-10 week grows I'm getting are killing my turnaround. I'd like 6 harvests a year instead of 4.

Some strains I'm looking at right now, if anyone has experience with these that are rumored to be very fast finishers-

Dinafem Industrial Plant
Green Crack
Critical Bilbo
Skunk #1 Fast
Honey Cream Fast

Mohadib

Veteran
Sweet Seeds Green Poison!

Mine took exactly 7 weeks to finish properly. There's definitely phenos that take a little longer, but this is the regular version - they also sell a "Fast Version" that is supposed to be spitting out 6 weekers regularly. Maybe get that one and let it stand for another week to make sure it's really done at that time.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
top 44, k2, maple leaf indica, sensi hashplant, kc36, bushmans
these all can give you phenos around 50 days finish

YukonKronic

ACE seeds Kali China is very fast flowering and is really interesting and unique both in flavour and effect.
They’re Bubba Kush x Pakistan Chitral Kush also has some 7 week phenos.

G

growhigh1233

check out seedmans 'fast' series..............i dont have first hand experience but heard good things about the flowering times

bibi40

Critical 2.
Mango saphire
Killer kush Fast version
Cream mandarine Fast version
Bubba's gift

and a lot of but you had to do some phénos hunting ...

:tiphat:

madalasatori

Veteran
Critical 2.0 - Dinafem
Shiva skunk - sensi

As f-e said though these 7 week phenos phenos tended to be lower yielding

window

Veteran
I used to grow a Hashplant from Sensi in the 90’s, could be harvested at around 7 weeks:)
I think Ace seeds offer an S1 of Hashplant that can be chopped around the same time I believe.

I recently grew a couple of Bohdi’s G13/Hashplant x Hashplant,at least that’s what I think the lineage was? One of them was ready between 6-7 weeks, I tried to reveg her but screwed up and lost it, was gutted as she tasted/smelled great, had super dense buds and awesome potency to boot.

picture.php

Lovely little thing she was, I have more seeds of the variety so will try to find something like her again in the near future.:biggrin:

Mohadib

Veteran
The problem is, do you actually get the same yield. From my experience, no. You just spend more time trimming/planting etc etc

Yield certainly isn't the problem with fast flowering strains. In fact, it rather seems it's an integral component of most these strains, as they're often specifically bred for speed as well as yield, i.e. commercial purposes.

Now, the quality of the end product is much more of a concern with fast flowering plants, as it's much more difficult to breed a plant that regularly covers three instead of just two key-characteristics.

As far as I'm aware, there's only a hand full of plants that actually check all three of these boxes. The Critical Bilbo cut is one of them for example, which is why so many "breeders" use it in their lines.

mexweed

Veteran
even if it can be cut at 7 in more cases than not it should probably go 8, especially if you start counting as soon as 12/12 starts

even if under a scope it looks like there is some amber the plant will still be producing some fresh clear trichs that can cloud up a bit over another week

usually when one cuts at the minimum time there are still immature pistils that another week would allow the calyxes to swell more in those spots

flavor is also impacted

browntrout

Veteran
Here is my Blueberry x (Zed Hashplant / Purple Kush) @ 34 days from clone, it was an extremely indica expression that wasn't overly like either parent with a little stretch. It can be cut at 45-48 days and doesn't put anymore weight on the buds are rock hard golf balls, stays small and slower growth but takes off with root space. Just recently I noticed it will develop a nice taste and some purple leaves if taken to 55 days any longer and it goes dormant.

Worked it for a bit and almost dismissed it for it's lackluster flavor. however, i am extremely glad I did not. She is one of the best breeders I have seen in long time.

in the corner of 1000w room @30ish days, A larger well lit setup yielded a harvest at 42 days.
picture.php

50 days
picture.php

A select early pheno of the above mother x Tripleberry.
Harvested Sept.11 outdoors @45N. Currently tying to reveg. incredibly dense pop can buds with a super pungent skunky petroleum/grease kush smell and taste.
Lower:
picture.php

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Yield certainly isn't the problem with fast flowering strains. In fact, it rather seems it's an integral component of most these strains, as they're often specifically bred for speed as well as yield, i.e. commercial purposes.

Now, the quality of the end product is much more of a concern with fast flowering plants, as it's much more difficult to breed a plant that regularly covers three instead of just two key-characteristics.

As far as I'm aware, there's only a hand full of plants that actually check all three of these boxes. The Critical Bilbo cut is one of them for example, which is why so many "breeders" use it in their lines.

The idea of lowering quality never crossed my mind. I have certainly kicked a few things out that were heavy and fast. Last was the serious 6. Which produced a few pheno's so fast that it wasn't suitable for indoors, and some commercial grade stuff I have no interest in. But perhaps it's what the OP expects.

Happy Times

Here is my Blueberry x (Zed Hashplant / Purple Kush) @ 34 days from clone, it was an extremely indica expression that wasn't overly like either parent with a little stretch. It can be cut at 45-48 days and doesn't put anymore weight on the buds are rock hard golf balls, stays small and slower growth but takes off with root space. Just recently I noticed it will develop a nice taste and some purple leaves if taken to 55 days any longer and it goes dormant.

Worked it for a bit and almost dismissed it for it's lackluster flavor. however, i am extremely glad I did not. She is one of the best breeders I have seen in long time.

in the corner of 1000w room @30ish days, A larger well lit setup yielded a harvest at 42 days.
View Image
50 days
View Image

A select early pheno of the above mother x Tripleberry.
Harvested Sept.11 outdoors @45N. Currently tying to reveg. incredibly dense pop can buds with a super pungent skunky petroleum/grease kush smell and taste.
Lower:
View Image

Sep 11? Wow that’s awesomely early

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The only one I have first hand experience with is C99. 50 days and ripe. Potent, tasty, and a respectable yield.

browntrout

Veteran
Sep 11? Wow that’s awesomely early

Yeah and that's from seed.... Clone would be same or up to a week earlier.

She has a short frame with long inter node spacing and less nodes, seems to put all its focus into big buds and no popcorn.

Glad she's dug up, just hoping she comes back.

Latest posts

Latest posts