What's new

Utopia haze..... Rosa manga?

Cpt00tbk

i want to know if utopia haze is rosa manga ? both are bresilian sativa, maybe someone can help me on that one ?

thanks a lot !

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
first time i am hearing this. can you backup your claim?

Well I've read it a few times already, especially on the Amnesia threads where it was revealed how the Amnesia BioIbo/Core/Moppel cut was in fact a Super Silver Haze strain too. Soma also seem to have used this cut and crossed it to G13/Haze male for creating his Amnesia Haze.

I think Nevil or someone else from other forums and the Haze articles were discussing on that as well.

Hi Mustafunk, Utopia Haze definately is no Amnesia. :) Smoked and growed Amnesia, completeely different smell and High. Have smoked the Utopia Haze Coffeeshop Pheno and also growed the Utopia Haze myself. I also growed Reefermans Love Potion, found very similar phenotypes in smell and High.

Hey bro, I don't have any intentions of questioning your opinions, I simply try to take my time to reseach and filter the information I can find around... anyway keep in mind that any of the buds you could be smoking in Amsterdam will be never the same as the seed representation they are selling. Coffeshop and Cannabis Cup buds are coming from old dutch clone-only strains while seeds will never provide the same results and due to the poor breeding practices from dutch seedbanks nowadays.

Amnesia, Utopia, SSH, Jack Herer, Nevil's Haze, Mexican Haze, Mango Haze and so on could be all different names but they are in fact closely related if not step brothers lol. As for Reeferman's Love Potion... who knows what the real lineage is. With the seedbank scene you never know what to expect as everyone seems to love to hide true lineages from the public, secrets of the trade, isn't it? But when the truth comes out everyone gets shocked with how simple everything seems to be indeed.

Barney's Farm has a pretty bad reputation as far as business practices go, just like many other new school dutch seedbanks who are basically selling crosses based on classic old dutch clones from Nevil and so on. But they are actually renaming them and pretending they created brand new strains from the scratch. But non of them are doing any breeding at all. They are simply business men with the right contacts within the dutch scene.

Barney's Farm won the 2008 High Times Cup with the strain they named as Utopia Haze. The clone they used was either the renowned Amnesia clone or either the C5 Haze clone indeed, just like they did with the Willie Nelson, a straight C5 since the WN crop was a shit. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that already. So probably the seeds they are selling under that name are simply S1s from one of those clones or the result of crossing them to the famous G13/Haze male clone that Soma found in an old G13/Haze pack from Nevi. Later Soma, Shanti, Eskobar and everyone else has been using it Holland for decades.

Similar case to what happened in 94 and 98 when Sensi Seeds and Greenhouse won the cup with exactly the same C5 Haze X Skunk/HazeC clone, but under different names: Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze. And I'm pretty sure that if Haze trend comes into the Cups again, those clones will make a comeback too. Because that's how dutch companies and scene works.

The fact is that most dutch coffeshops are selling exactly the same buds under different names in the case of Haze strains... but all come from the same old commercial clones. It's pretty sad but all the seedbanks do the same, strains are actually crosses from the old cuts from Nevil (C5, A5, G13/Haze and so on). From Greenhouse, to Soma, Barneys, Kiwi Seeds, Sensi and so on have been using those strains as the foundation of their Haze hybrids.

Even modern seedbanks as Karma Genetics are jumping on the bandwagon nowadays and cashing on this old cuts from Nevil (A5 Haze), so I see lots of stuff going on but nothing new or original to be honest. Just the same genetics Sensi and Greenhouse were using 20 years ago and were indeed dominating the Cup and dutch scene since then! lol.

The breeder of Barneys used to work for Damkring as well , he also created the Mexican Haze. It was also said to be a cross from something else but the truth is that it's simply another A5 or C5 Haze cross from what I remember.

Peace.

Cpt00tbk

Woah, need to get deeper on that, thanks everybody every opinion is welcome, just want to get the truth on that one....

Cpt00tbk

Well I've read it a few times already, especially on the Amnesia threads where it was revealed how the Amnesia BioIbo/Core/Moppel cut was in fact a Super Silver Haze strain too. Soma also seem to have used this cut and crossed it to G13/Haze male for creating his Amnesia Haze.

I think Nevil or someone else from other forums and the Haze articles were discussing on that as well.

Hey bro, I don't have any intentions of questioning your opinions, I simply try to take my time to reseach and filter the information I can find around... anyway keep in mind that any of the buds you could be smoking in Amsterdam will be never the same as the seed representation they are selling. Coffeshop and Cannabis Cup buds are coming from old dutch clone-only strains while seeds will never provide the same results and due to the poor breeding practices from dutch seedbanks nowadays.

Amnesia, Utopia, SSH, Jack Herer, Nevil's Haze, Mexican Haze, Mango Haze and so on could be all different names but they are in fact closely related if not step brothers lol. As for Reeferman's Love Potion... who knows what the real lineage is. With the seedbank scene you never know what to expect as everyone seems to love to hide true lineages from the public, secrets of the trade, isn't it? But when the truth comes out everyone gets shocked with how simple everything seems to be indeed.

Barney's Farm has a pretty bad reputation as far as business practices go, just like many other new school dutch seedbanks who are basically selling crosses based on classic old dutch clones from Nevil and so on. But they are actually renaming them and pretending they created brand new strains from the scratch. But non of them are doing any breeding at all. They are simply business men with the right contacts within the dutch scene.

Barney's Farm won the 2008 High Times Cup with the strain they named as Utopia Haze. The clone they used was either the renowned Amnesia clone or either the C5 Haze clone indeed. I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that already. So probably the seeds they are selling under that name are simply S1s from one of those clones or the result of crossing them to the famous G13/Haze male clone that Soma found in an old G13/Haze pack from Nevi. Later Soma, Shanti, Eskobar and everyone else has been using it Holland for decades.

Similar case to what happened in 94 and 98 when Sensi Seeds and Greenhouse won the cup with exactly the same C5 Haze X Skunk/HazeC clone, but under different names: Jack Herer and Super Silver Haze. And I'm pretty sure that if Haze trend comes into the Cups again, those clones will make a comeback too. Because that's how dutch companies and scene works.

The fact is that most dutch coffeshops are selling exactly the same buds under different names in the case of Haze strains... but all come from the same old commercial clones. It's pretty sad but all the seedbanks do the same, strains are actually crosses from the old cuts from Nevil (C5, A5, G13/Haze and so on). From Greenhouse, to Soma, Barneys, Kiwi Seeds, Sensi and so on have been using those strains as the foundation of their Haze hybrids.

Even modern seedbanks as Karma Genetics are jumping on the bandwagon nowadays and cashing on this old cuts from Nevil (A5 Haze), so I see lots of stuff going on but nothing new or original to be honest. Just the same genetics Sensi and Greenhouse were using 20 years ago and were indeed dominating the Cup and dutch scene since then! lol.

The breeder of Barneys used to work for Damkring as well , he also created the Mexican Haze. It was also said to be a cross from something else but the truth is that it's simply another A5 or C5 Haze cross from what I remember.

Peace.

those two plants looks like they got hybridized, (fan leaf even fatter than a malawi.... and it fucking look like a SSH, im really septic of there description thats why im askin that. If a want to do a haze A/C cross i will do the doors or something like that .....

420empire

Veteran
Look into Buddha Haze :) should have Manga Rosa in it.
I have tried one pheno, which was really nice. I was a spring day, and a long walk through the forrest. The lightspread through the leaves was stunning and had the same light as u where walking in a cathedral. I had this feeling of the universe and everything was in the right order, a symphony of perfection...
Yea, that was special weed, for a speciel day.
On that note, i heard Punto Rojo had the same "God like" feeling.

all the best to you

btw. Anybody know of any remake of Manga Rosa??

G

Utopia Haze

KEwCbvV.jpg

G

Great syd, hope you get a long flowering Sativa pheno. Are the Seeds from the actual release? :)

Hi dude,I got one to try cause I remember you liked her a lot!Well it is from Barneys,idk which version...It had pretty broad leaves and isn't stretching too much,we'll see!

Pineapple_Punch

Veteran
Hi dude,I got one to try cause I remember you liked her a lot!Well it is from Barneys,idk which version...It had pretty broad leaves and isn't stretching too much,we'll see!

Most of mine has started with broad leaves as well, some of them were the most vigorous plants i ever had. Utopia Haze has many different phenotypes, i also think there is some of the old dutch haze blood inside, had phenos which looked close to some C5 Haze pictures i saw. For sure it isn't a Brazilian IBL like stated by Barney's. Will try some of the Original Haze Seeds MadMac has reproed next year, think i could find a high similar if not even better to Utopia Haze. All in all Utopia Haze is still my favorite from all the stuff i grew over the Years, the Oaxacas, Hawaiian Sativas etc. sadly can't compete with the high Utopia Haze gave me.

TheDarkStorm

yaa dont think he know what he is talking about willie nelson isnt c5.. silver vietnamese in it notc5..

Wat mustafunk was saying is...on the day of the cannabis cup Barneys actually entered buds from one of the old c5 clones under the name of willie nelson....this is actually true..what the seeds are that are bieng sold by barneys under the willie nelson name who really knows....reefer man likes to lay claim to alot of genetics, saying ther his, or he made them, or they were stolen from him...some of the claims may be true..but some not...with the way things are at barneys who knows whats what....the real willie nelson sold by reef is a Vietnamese hybrid but I dont think the seeds barneys sell have the same pedigree at all....eg does anyone know what honey b is ?...bet most people dont know that the mother plant used to make the honey b seeds is a direct sister of the mother plant used to make oceans 12 seeds...tho the pedigree is listed as being something else.

Latest posts

Latest posts