What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

buzzmobile

Veteran
Ed saile faister whut wath duhkwiqen reeden... prolly
wut u sed
1686913141995.png

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
My trusty 1999 John Deere shit the bed a month ago. New one on order but I'd rather have this one around for towing duties. Maybe a fairly easy fix though. Looks like a stuck exhaust valve.. Maybe I can free it up without taking the head off. Ran good until it didn't. Now won't start due to no compression and this is what I saw as soon as the valve cover came off.

View attachment 18850014
Bent push rod?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Tap on it a few times and maybe the carbon will knock off by scraping against the valve guide. Make sure the piston is down out of the way first.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
OK . . . I may have exaggerated a bit about the ptarmigan hunting. But even though I have never actually seen one, I do hear that they are tasty when spit roasted over a seal blubber fire . . .
shoot, if the Inuit had seal blubber, they weren't hunting no ptarmigan. I read about ptarmigan in lots of archery articles. apparently, they have the survival skills of traffic cones and give multiple shot opportunities. "fool hens" some call them. i bet they taste like ruffed grouse. :yummy:

buzzmobile

Veteran
It is official. Eh? There are now 40 million people in Canada. No, we are not all pot smoking toque wearing maple syrup swilling ptarmigan hunters living north of the 49th. But some of us are . . . :headbange
Yeah well...

54 40 or fight.

I do hear that they are tasty when spit roasted over a seal blubber fire . . .
You're making my mouth water. Have you tried the barbecue?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
woods were active today see a young fawn solo mom musta been napping by the side of the road also seen a hawk and small coyote. had a big tree fall to i thought it was i female bigfoot on my scent trail

moose eater

It is official. Eh? There are now 40 million people in Canada. No, we are not all pot smoking toque wearing maple syrup swilling ptarmigan hunters living north of the 49th. But some of us are . . . :headbange
But tell us about the moose eaters!! Tell us about the moose eaters!!!

And those ptarmigans are best either over a campfire when draped in good bacon, or breasts filleted and sauteed in butter or oil and seasonings in a cast iron skillet.

Just saying.

And for God's sake, DON'T use a fucking shotgun on the little buggers, unless chewing bird shot is attractive to you. A .22 lr with a scope is pretty good.

They won an award (informal, of course) for most ignorant wild bird in the 1970s on Nares Mountain in Carcross Yukon area. A large group of them up above tree line, and one would be shot, and 3-6 of them would fly off, leaving another 20 or so. Then another would be shot, and another 3 to 6 would fly off.

By the time they seemed to catch on, dinner was pretty much provided for.

And what's wrong with swilling maple syrup? Though I believe it goes best in slight amounts in either milk or almond milk, preferably the unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

And it also makes a great milkshake.

Last edited:

moose eater

I found a surprising availability for an otherwise obsolete, no longer available part; a speedometer output cable seal, for my 1988 camper van's 4-speed automatic transmission.

Hooray, right?

The part is just over $6. They want $42 and change to send it 2nd day Fed Ex, and that's the cheapest shipping to me.

UPS 2nd day air wanted $91!!!

The part, in its box, is about the size of 4 walnuts in the shell.

I need to get into the shipping business.