What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grandoggy Purps in organic soil mix

the ringmasta

I'll be documenting a couple of my Grandoggy Purp ladies here...They have probably been in flower for about 2-3 weeks. I gave them maybe 3 weeks veg under 2 T5 Fixtures and a 180w full spectrum LED panel.

I have these two doggies occupying a 2x3x6 tent by themselves in 5 gallon geopots. They have a 400w HPS overhead and a 400W led panel mounted about 2ft off the ground on the side wall of one of the tents. I use a base mix of foxfarm ocean forest and light warrior, and add my own amendments. I don't use nutrients throughout the grow...just plain water. I'll sometimes use CalMag (if needed) and blackstrap molasses in flower.

I'll post a picture of them later tonight when I hit my 50 posts...but I certainly have two different phenotypes it seems. One is very fat and squat with a ton of visible bud sites...the other has more node spacing and isn't nearly as bushy...and maybe a tad bit taller. Overall, looking pretty healthy to me at the moment...but I'll let you all be the judge of that. ;)

the ringmasta

Here's a couple snaps of the two GDP's I have...as you can see, vastly different. Sorry for the poor quality guys, I'm using an iphone for now until I pick up a digital camera.

They've only been throwing pistils for about 7-10 days, after receiving a short 2-3 week veg before being put in the 5g geopots and into 12/12.

Please chime in if anyone has any input on this question: is this a really short/squat strain?...or is my LED panel that is mounted to the side of the tent possibly inhibiting these from stretching out a little more. This is the first time I've tried to supplement side lighting in the form of an led panel, so I'm not sure. The big bushy one is very difficult to even water by hand because it has such thick, branch-y growth everywhere. I suppose they still could have a good stretch in them but they haven't had that explosive upward growth like some strains do in flower.

the ringmasta

Few updates on the bigger, more branchy GDP above...

The other doggy has been moved elsewhere to finish out, therefore I won't be updating on that one anymore. It was not a keeper anyway.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bro

looking good
dont know how i missed this thread
you can see the purple busting through

keep me updated
peace

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking more like 3 weeks frm chop max from what i can see but not that clear the pics
the gdp really brings the time down on things so keep that in mind

peace

the ringmasta

Thanks for stopping by OJD. I appreciate the advice as well. If they are done in 3 weeks that will be awesome. There will definitely be some more GDoggyP or GDP crosses for me in the future...I can't get enough of the smell.

The thing that has me concerned is they do experience pretty large temp fluctuations from lights on to lights off. Highs to about 80 and lows to about 50 on really cold nights. I think it may slow them a bit and they may take their time, but i'll keep an eye on them and see where they are at in 2, 3 and 4 weeks. I'll hopefully get another couple updates in before the chop also.

I also want these to get pretty narcotic...and have read it's a pretty strong smoke to begin with. I intend to use the GDoggyP for nighttime use primarily. OJD or anyone who has experience with these let me know approximately what % amber trichs you personally would harvest with to acheive the kind of high I'm looking for out of these.

the ringmasta

I'll try and get some more clear pics the next time around as well. The lighting in that space is terrible and i'm a complete novice in terms of utilizing my digital camera to max effectiveness.

the ringmasta

I'll get some more clear pics before the chop in anywhere from 5-10 days I'm guessing. Pretty much all cloudy trichs at this point with a few amber speckled in. I'll wait til somewhere between 10-20% amber as I want to use this for night smoke.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like you got thing well under control bro, i agree that another 10 days should be perfect (gonna be stunning flavours with such a nice flush on them).
If your a fan of this strain keep an eye out for the new Grandoggy x GDP (reversed) project i have been working on, should be available soon.
picture.php

Peace

the ringmasta

Thanks True and OKD,

I'm kicking myself in the ass for not cloning this girl. She has really impressed me, and I love the smell on her - sweet with a lot of funk underneath. I'll definitely be grabbing a couple more GDP crosses soon.

I have to find the exact date these broke ground as I have it written down somewhere...but this girl really put on some size given her short veg time. I'm fairly certain these were started last week of November or first week of December...All I had to do was give her some legroom (5gal geopot) and a rich organic soil mix and she took off. I think she stayed even more compact and bushy than usual because of the combo of LED/CFL light in my veg tent before she hit the HPS.

I'll be back with pics from the chop and dried nuggets soon. Thanks for stopping in guys. :rasta:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great ringmasta
nice and purple
rainbowjones and purple cheddar are another 2 great purple hybrids we sell

yeah deff come back wit some chop shots and dried nugs

peace

MG2012

looking great ringmasta
nice and purple
rainbowjones and purple cheddar are another 2 great purple hybrids we sell

yeah deff come back wit some chop shots and dried nugs

peace

Hey just wondering when the Grandoggy x GDP seeds will be available on seed boutique? I'm keen to pick some of these bad boys up ASAP

the ringmasta

Some dried nug shots...been down for about 10 days now.

Did my best with the pics, but I think these came out pretty nice. For anyone looking for a soild point and shoot digital camera...These were taken with a canon powershot sx260 on "easy mode." I really have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to digital cameras and photography in general...but I think this camera did these justice.

Take care all.

Latest posts

Latest posts