What's new

Phostrogen .....

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Any body out there useing the old basic phostrogen dry nutes ?

Apart from a few small changes in composition and new owners its unchanged from the 1950,s , my grandfather used it on tomatos in ring culture , a forerunner of hydro , with great results.

picture.php

Have run canna in dwc and ebb and flow systems without burning and with good flavour , it was used on commercial glasshouse crops till the industry became uncompetitive and was the original hydro nute in the UK.

The 14 - 10 - 27 ratio suits canna in soil very well , these packs are 15 years apart , 20% less product for 800% more cost , such is progress.

picture.php

Two pounds a pack for a years worth of nutes for a 600w perp room and assorted veg is still reasonable value i suppose.

J-Icky

Hmm that looks like it would be a solid formula for my well water. My well water has a cal:mg ratio of roughly 6:1 so the near equal ratio in that would balance out the well water nicely.

I’ll have to look into whether I can get this in the US. Thanks

bigpeter

I used to use this when I was into DWC, I had good results with it. I stopped using it because I now need a coco specific nutrient. Its available everywhere in UK and a box lasts a long time.

Latest posts

Latest posts