What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oldtimer's Purple Haze off in my brain!!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
Awesome news!!!!

I've taken clones at 30 days with no problems, as long as the stem looks like it is strong enough to handle the process I would proceed no matter how young they are.

I top dressed with indonesian bat guano yesterday probably gonna put a small bit of mexican bat guano or peruvian seabird guano on them next week.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have grown many a plants not just pots fwiw I won't be dumping an entire bag on em just a tsp its a top dressing too mind you so only a small amount will be absorbed with each watering and I have never been able to burn a plant feeding this way. I have grown sativa's just not 100% pure before....I am also not one of those cfl nano dudes I see mostly here on ace so lets just let it be I know your not trying to diss just wanted all to know that I am experienced.....

Have you ever been experienced.......I have.....

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I figured you knew what to do, just cautioning as guanos are some of the hottest organic ferts you can use. I've never burned anything with organics either, but I also measure and mix very carefully and if needed, my go to top dress has always been EWC followed by a dose of AACT.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe :)

I'm glad to see you are starting a Purple Oldtimer's Haze grow. I have had much better germinate rates with the pure hazes doing a short pre soak (12 hours) in clean water with very low EC and then plant them directly in soil (soft, but high quality, well aerated peat), it has worked better for me than with the paper towel method.

They don't need much ferts or strong soil in their first weeks of life, so i will add the guano and worm casting later (or any other soil amends), after at least 20 days of life.

As Down Patrol pointed out, they stretch a lot in early flowering (especially when grown from seed), that's why is better to flower pure haze elder clones, clones are much easy to keep under control indoors.

Anyway, as i have recommended other times in the oldtimer's haze thread, try to keep their size under control with small pots, then only transplant to richer soil and bigger pots when the flowering stretching is over.

Let us know if you have any doubt during their development, best wishes!

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe :)

I'm glad to see you are starting a Purple Oldtimer's Haze grow. I have had much better germinate rates with the pure hazes doing a short pre soak (12 hours) in clean water with very low EC and then plant them directly in soil (soft, but high quality, well aerated peat), it has worked better for me than with the paper towel method.

They don't need much ferts or strong soil in their first weeks of life, so i will add the guano and worm casting later (or any other soil amends), after at least 20 days of life.

As Down Patrol pointed out, they stretch a lot in early flowering (especially when grown from seed), that's why is better to flower pure haze elder clones, clones are much easy to keep under control indoors.

Anyway, as i have recommended other times in the oldtimer's haze thread, try to keep their size under control with small pots, then only transplant to richer soil and bigger pots when the flowering stretching is over.

Let us know if you have any doubt during their development, best wishes!

I got 100% germ on the Zamaldelica and the malawi's but only 50% on the Purple OTH. I soaked along side the zam's for 12 and then in straight peat and tap water on a heat mat and under a 2 t8's at 10 inches.

Dubi, what females and males were used in the current offering of the regular pure old timers haze? It looks like I am gonna loose a runt too so probably down to 5 of the purple haze. I want to get another pack and maybe another selection also but want to hurry up so these all go at once. If anyone else knows the parentage of the regular OTHaze please post also as I think Dubi's been super busy with he OD season upon them....thanks! will post pics later or tomorrow...have to locate cable first...

corky1968

Veteran
I have had much better germinate rates with the pure hazes doing a short pre soak (12 hours) in clean water with very low EC and then plant them directly in soil (soft, but high quality, well aerated peat), it has worked better for me than with the paper towel method.

Pre-soaking (Seed Priming as I now call it) for 8 to 12 hours is all I do now.
I've been doing it for years with almost everything I grow including vegetables.
I've also mentioned this a few times here and there.

I also use a moist cloth vs paper towel for germination.

LostTribe

Premium user
Pre-soaking (Seed Priming as I now call it) for 8 to 12 hours is all I do now.
I've been doing it for years with almost everything I grow including vegetables.
I've also mentioned this a few times here and there.

I also use a moist cloth vs paper towel for germination.

I also soak for a few hours on my veggies as well and some pop tap roots really quick that way!

I will have to get some new pics but does look down to 5 as the runt developed a brownish stem issue which i topped just above the only remaining single leaf blade below the mess who knows maybe it will pull through the others were all topped and have already responded with 2 shoots on each top at this point so they are vigorous! The Zamaldelica is still pumping fat leaves and big stem were also topped but much ahead of the OTH....

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Dawn Patrol, Thanks for the heads up on the Guatemala's. I'm working on a green house for next summer. 14'W x 14'H x 24'L. With blackout system and fans. If I don't make It happen, here come the clones. My room now is going to be maxed out by end of flowehttps://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=377242&stc=1&d=147322https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=377243&stc=1&d=14732222872287ring. Looking forward to seeing some new Pics Lost Tribe. Enjoy the grow! Peace:tiphat:

Attachments

• moving day 001.jpg
    moving day 001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 12
  • moving day 005.jpg
    moving day 005.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 20

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi LostTribe,

Please pm me or email me and i will replace the seeds that didn't germinate. Unfortunately Purple Haze is currently out of stock but you can choose any other strain in stock.

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe,

Please pm me or email me and i will replace the seeds that didn't germinate. Unfortunately Purple Haze is currently out of stock but you can choose any other strain in stock.

EVERYONE see this! These guys are on top of the game just impressive! I know how germ rates go and the occasional variances but Dubi and crew are always looking out! Much thanks. Here is a pic from last week I had on my camera of the 6 Phaze and the 2 Zamaldelica. The Zam resemble Thai Bliss's pics of his in the trippy zamaldelica thread at the beginning. I am stoked and hoping for the stringy late bloomers for the scary trip to the other side! The Phaze are doing great except for the 1 runt that barely made it our of the dirt anyway so I am left with 5 Phaze that are about to get transplanted to a little bigger pot with a little bit of organics mixed in.

Oldtimers Purple Haze w 2 zamaldelica which are the larger 2....
picture.php

The yellow contrast is from the mom cab next to it with a small hps glowing sorry for that they are nice and dark green as they ought to be.

LostTribe

Premium user
Big Ups to DUBI!

I didn't even whisper anything about my no germinating seeds and he comes right in and wants to replace them now if that isn't top notch service then I don't know what is?!?

Awaiting a some replacement Oldtimer's Haze!!!! Just more to add to the bunch!!!

Muchas Gracias Usted!

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
I topped all of these over a week ago or a week ago cannot recall from all the pot ya know?? They were transplanted last friday 9/9 and placed into flowering with lights set to 12/12! Up Up and Away! Awesome its already Day 4 bloom!

They have grown quite a bit since the last pics which I will update at some point. All 5 were also repotted in a light mix of organic soil.

peat moss 70%
EWC 15%
Perlite 15%
added a bit of mexican high N bat guano
a bit of Indonesian bat guano high in P
a dash of mixed feather meal, poultry manure, mycos and some other things
Also added a bit of lime to the mix to keep my ph steady

LostTribe

Premium user
Hi LostTribe,

UPDATE

Here is the Oldtimer's Purple Haze which I will from now on refer to as PHaze so my fingers dont break off during this several months long expedition!

picture.php

Fed plain tap water today. fresh peat on top so it looks dry but its not as I get 15% runoff. Gotta grab some of those plastic trays to catch the run off this soil stuff has me all messed its like trying to unlearn....

I can't remember what day they went 12/12 but its back there so will have to see....jeeeeeez its only day 5.....doooooooh!

corky1968

Veteran
OMG, how much head room do you have?

Reason: I had one in a 6" pot that went 4' tall.

Get ready for some trees. :laughing:

LostTribe

Premium user
OMG, how much head room do you have?

Reason: I had one in a 6" pot that went 4' tall.

Get ready for some trees. :laughing:

Well I can't have them drying out when I am away on business as I am normally out of town 2-3 days at a time with work....

They are in 1 L pots with about 20 perlite at the base and those pots have that plate on the bottom that holds run off so they aren't that big are they? SHit someone help me!!! I should have asked someone first. I am gonna tie them down once they get a bit taller.

Can I continue topping these or will that prolong the blooming hormones like with indicas, I dont top indica's or hybrids 3 weeks before bloom but you guys say you start these out in 12/12.....I need more sativa info.... This cab is 4 ft tall and the light is on only in the middle half right now.... Waiting on a 3x3x6 tent to put them in with a 400w hps I think or maybe 2 150w hps. Using only 1 150w hps right now but they are doing fine....

corky1968

Veteran
Next time, grow all Sativas under a T-5 to start and then flower under a MH.

This would have greatly controlled their stretching. I haven't used an HPS in over 10 years.

Keep the HPS lights for Indicas.

Get a 400MH instead of the 400HPS.

Think blue light spectrum with Sativa from now on.

D

Dr.Suess

UPDATE

Here is the Oldtimer's Purple Haze which I will from now on refer to as PHaze so my fingers dont break off during this several months long expedition!

View Image

Fed plain tap water today. fresh peat on top so it looks dry but its not as I get 15% runoff. Gotta grab some of those plastic trays to catch the run off this soil stuff has me all messed its like trying to unlearn....

I can't remember what day they went 12/12 but its back there so will have to see....jeeeeeez its only day 5.....doooooooh!

I'm not sure if its just my eyes bit I thought I saw some damage to the leaves in this picture... Thrips or root aphids??

Latest posts

Latest posts