Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Vertical / Colosseum Growing > bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

Thread Title Search
bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 AM #1
bobblehead

bobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant future
bobblepods v2.0. bobbleracks revamped.

The long anticipated remodel is here... "Adapt or perish..."

So, w/o too much added bs... This is what I'm up to.

I'm taking apart the bobbleracks, and putting 2' bars in the middle. I'll put 8 racks in a room instead of 16. Each rack will hold 3 plants in #2 SP's per level, 6 or 7 levels... Still to be decided. That's 18-21 plants per a rack.

I got real lucky when I went to home depot, b/c they had beautiful 1x2x8 fir strip. Normally the boards are all crooked and broken... but most of these are perfect! and only $0.82 a board!

Then I cut it up into 2' bars. I also painted the bars as individual pieces... b/c trying to paint an assembled rack is a PITA.

So here's an original bobblerack...

Then I take it apart, and make my marks with a preme-asured/marked board. I started my marks at 6" from the bottom and made one every 1'. Replaced some of the 1' bars with 2' bars.

and an assembled 7 level bobblerack... My question is, do you think the top level is too close to the ceiling? 6 levels is all need, but I was stoned and screw happy... I'm only done with 3 racks so far. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to finish. The paint is still tacky anyway.
bobblehead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:17 AM #2
250wscrogger

250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough250wscrogger is a jewel in the rough
nice
I say go with 1 gal pots, 4 per shelf. 24 per rack X 8 racks

192 on racks and throw 8 on the ground for an even 200.

Keep growing
250wscrogger is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2011, 01:24 AM #3
labtec
Sir Didymus

labtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nicelabtec is just really nice
Ah yeah, bobblehead is ripping it up again. The new racks look good. more space=more bud.
labtec is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 AM #4
Grizz

Grizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivorGrizz is a survivor
Bobble u always up to something, wish i had your energy.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 AM #5
Shcrews
DO WHO YOU BE

Shcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond repute
any reason for so many levels? just less veg time?

Old 07-27-2011, 04:01 AM #6
DHF

Yeah Schrews Bro.... it`s all about increased plant numbers with fully rooted cuts flipped faster and they fill in the sideways as well as the up and down canopy as they get through the stretch and start the swellage process ftw...

Sittin back and watchin what it takes for more smaller plants flipped faster to make the gpw`s sizzle.....

My top rack was at 6' and so was the light Bobble`s...Never worried bout the top plants growin sideways and up with the horti-trellis holdin the top colas while the reflectix still kept em growin toward the ceilings....

Handle this shit my buddy....Freds.......... .

Old 07-27-2011, 04:34 AM #7
Shcrews
DO WHO YOU BE

Shcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond reputeShcrews has a reputation beyond repute
so 1 dripper per plant? and 21x8 = 168 plants per room!! thats gonna take a while

I want to copy this setup but instead use 3 or 4 levels with bigger plants, maybe in #3 or #5 pots. how much additional veg time do you think would be necessary, or is more plants truly better regardless? I have had VERY good results with the #2 smartpots

... but i would need to buy a lot of clones

i miss my veg room :(

watching this closely, i am starting on my own version of these racks next week

Old 07-27-2011, 06:13 AM #8
five_put

five_put is on a distinguished road
Looks excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing these new ones get filled up. I was thinking of a stadium, but I think I'll also end up building a version of these racks that would suit my space. Awesome work man, thanks for sharing..
five_put is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 AM #9
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
tagged in....teach me a thing or two about this vertical madness sweeping the nation...hehehe.

dank.Frank
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2011, 12:19 PM #10
laylow

LOVE IT!!!!!

your room is getting closer and closer to what im about to do....

as you know instead of the Colosseum type setup your running i was going for more of a stadium long racks but if this works out it would be more viable to run 2 lots of 1800w rather than 6000w...

Great Progress lets get this show on the road...